Entertainment Cruises Employee Reviews

Great Part Time
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA9 July 2019
Great Part time gig but just offer them 1 day and pick up shifts. It’s seasonal so there is a ton of turnover. The returning crew are fun people and will help good workers advance. I witnessed many young hard working bussers advance to server and some to bartenders or even managers.
If your looking for a cruise-like experience job, this is it!
Host / Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA8 July 2019
I have worked with the next best thing to a mini cruise like employment. With the most wonderful staff, exceptional BOH staff and also FOH staff, I can honestly say in the little time I have worked for Entertainment Cruises (Odyssey Boston), that I have a new found love in the Restaurant/Hospitality field. I had never had any complaints based off of my Pay, hours, not staff that was insubordinate, everyone on staff while I was working was complete and friendly. Supreme recommendation for those who are looking for fun and a great customer service work ethic!
Good to have experience but not a good place to work in
DECKHAND AND MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  New York, NY8 July 2019
I have worked in Entertainment Cruises for only 7 months as a deckhand. At first, I was helping and being friendly with passengers and maintenance the facilities on the boat. However, working with supervisors is a challenge that I have faced. Some supervisors can be nice and easy on their deckhands but others can be rude and impolite with the passengers. Most of the staff members are childish and can't take their job title seriously. The upper office of this company fires the good working employees than firing the employees who did less effort and being lazy. Management is not organized, there is no structure to help the staff work properly on the cruise. I felt like the mean supervisors are always on my neck while I am focusing on my task the proper way and I always get yelled at for doing something correctly. However, other than the negative opinion, the good part about working here is some of the hard-working staff I have made connections with help me become more confident, more of a leader, more commutative with my co-workers, show my real personality, and being comfortable of expressing myself.
Gun place to work and nice people
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Chelsea Piers, NY28 June 2019
Love the people working here, they made everyday fun. Only problem I had was getting paid and making sure my checks were right because every week check were always messed up
Fun workplace
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 June 2019
An enjoyable place to work for the summer months. Salary is mediocre however the benefits included make up for this. Management was always pleasant to deal with.
Great
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 June 2019
Working on the boat was a great experiment the people were so nice and friendly !!! Everybody splitted the tips at night !!! Me personally had no problems in there
Fast, Punctual and Upbeat
Cook & Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 June 2019
Coming in at E.C I had to start all side preps for the guest. Working on a boat was fun but hectic. We had to be on top of the food and ready by the time all guest board the ship. I prepped and also attended the buffet station making sure it was stacked throughout the night till it was time to close it out. Made sure all my areas were clean and neat. Attended all guests needs when they asked for anything. The workplace culture was awesome all team members helped each other no matter what people worked as, we are all a team at the end of the day and we learn something new when being in a different position. The hardest part of the job was when guest weren't on time or the food wasn't on time or when an order wasn't brought in on the ship and we already cruising around the city and nothing else to do. The best part of the job was when we finishes with most of the work we were able to interact with the guest and dance with them and also be able to enjoy the cruise a little.
Unusual workplace
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, NY21 May 2019
Entertainment cruise Is a very unpredictable workplace no proper training was given the managers were the captains of the boats who always looked for something to complain about and talked disrespectful to workers so before it can happen to me I had to leave in a professional manner by letting them know.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
15 mins breaks
depending on the amount of guest it can be a busy productive day
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 May 2019
overall working for the company is not all that bad, the people become like family. they are extremely welcoming but reality always hits and everyone notices that we will always be underpaid and expectations are always high.
Productive and Structured Work Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 May 2019
I learned how to interact with each team that is a part of this company. I gained new skills regarding sales, marketing and social media roles. I enjoyed that this work place was welcoming, comforting and engaging. With the structured culture, it creates a system within the work place that makes sure every employee is getting the job done in an efficient manner.
The shipmates work very hard with very little recognition.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 April 2019
The management did not give appropriate breaks for the amount of hours that were worked. It seemed like the harder you tried the more they put you down. The excepted you to work with very little time to do your job and then made you feel like it was your fault.
Pros
Nice view of the city and discounts on cruises
Cons
breaks consisted of standing in the kitchen and eating as fast as you could, no long term benefits, 401K, pension, paid vacation etc etc
I rather work for a jail in Mexico
Banquet Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL23 March 2019
Place is so dirty it smells, they got the most disgusting people teaching cooks. I do not blame the cooks what do they know, I blame the ones applying to be bosses and teaching them the wrong way. Also you got women who can’t hold a knife telling you what to do because management are going out with them so disgusting I wouldn’t eat here I rather eat off the floor
Pros
Food is free but I got a disease on my mouth from eating here
Cons
They tried to keep my hours I called the county to had them pay me
I had excellent manageeual support. I never. Called out. I loved my support crew and server crew most bar staff was fantastic. However, some asked for
Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA16 March 2019
When I was hired there to work on the Odyssey fine dining cruise, I was very nervous. It was a different class of people we had very high end clients cruising with us. However, I found that I made friends easily, I was great co-worker they were great co-workers, we went out after work as a team, however as time went on, I found that there was a lot of revolving doors as far as the management was concerned about the last manager treated me great. I love the general manager he's understanding His Kind he's thoughtful. However there was a problem with my tipping my payments sometimes I think that we weren't being tipped illegally since I think we should have looked into more to be honest with you. But when I finally looked back into it and got paid correctly by The End by service there during the winter I got when I was just arrived. I miss it very much I wish I could be back in Boston due to my health I can't anymore and I'm really sad about that I would tell anybody was going to Boston if it's something where they don't get seasick it really should try it.
It was a very fun place to work for very entertaining
Pier Utility Attendant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC1 March 2019
I enjoy working for entertainment cruises it was a good experience good supervisors to work for good co-workers to work with a very entertaining experience
Pros
Yes we have free lunches
Cons
No brakes no health Care
Productive Working Environment
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC27 February 2019
This was a great opportunity for me to work with a variety of different individuals from every background. Wonderful cultural experience. I enjoyed it
Pros
meeting different guests on each shift.
Cons
it's seasonal so there's not a lot of cruises during the winter
It is productive and a good place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA8 February 2019
it is a good job we have many facilities, teamwork that is what characterizes us and what is most interesting for us is the best service to the vicitentes, it is satisfying for us to see the happy roatro of our clients
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
awesome
LEAD SERVER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA23 January 2019
it is a nice place to work for, could use more management involment wit employees, better communication with employees . overall it is a nice place to work for
Very productive and a place to learn alot of new things
Cold Prep (Current Employee) –  New York, NY21 January 2019
Working at this job I have had many good/also stressful shifts. During spring season job hours pick back up which leads to very hard work, And you see different people everyday.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of work in winter
Great team enviornment
Personal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL31 December 2018
The great part was that the workplace did care about what happens to you. The manager I had was poor, but other than that I did enjoy selling tickets and the way customers and employees were handled and appreciated.
Pros
Got discounts on tickets and food along the pier
Cons
If you get stuck with a bad manager thiers not much one can do
Great
Prep Cook/Runner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC26 December 2018
The working experience in entertainment cruises is great. Teamwork is key in getting everything set up/sent up for the customers on time. the pay for my position is a little low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entertainment Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.