Enterphase Child & Family Services Management reviews

Worst company I've ever worked for
Primary worker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa/Peterborough7 January 2019
Gossip and toxic team environment. Management is unable to provide support when asked and team members treated unfairly and concerns ignored, except for few "star players" who visibly suck up to senior level employees. Underappreciated and underpaid. Unprofessional habits and micromanaging of the clients. Employees regularly blamed for things outside of their control so organization can look good. Unreasonable responsibility and expectation on nearly minimum wage employees in a high stress job.
Pros
Cons
high stress, no support, changing expectations, unprofessional
The worst job I've ever had.
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 November 2018
Pay is awful, the hours are extremely long (13 hour shifts are a regular thing here), management is unsupportive, and the clients can be quite dangerous. This is not a good place to work at all.
Pros
Easy to get a job here since turnover is so high.
Cons
Very low pay.
Not a good place to work
Child & Youth Worker (contract) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa5 October 2018
Very high turn over rate, very physical and aggressive clients, make every day feel
Like your walking on eggshells. Management is rude I would t work there again.
Pros
Money
Cons
Safety is at risk every shift, and the people don’t treat you that great. Negative atmosphere
Poor management, no balance due to expected hours
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 September 2018
There's no room for advancement in this company and there is a lot expected from management in terms of work and extra's which is not reflected by the pay. Huge turn over rate, extremely difficult to book time off, even if you provide more than reasonable notice. I found most of my shift partners and staff team were not engaged and lacked common sense and what should have been required experience and skills. I found myself stressed at work over staff and client relations which were clearly inappropriate however overlooked by management frequently. The cliques within the company are ridiculous and quickly made the work environment hostile between employee conflicts and disagreements.
I also found that the company was quick to bring in clients which we were not equipped nor trained to deal with. This was evident through the poor treatment clients were receiving as well as the lack of improvement which could be observed.
Pros
Lots of hours available.
Cons
long hours, poor management, no advancements
Wages may be a bit low but they stand behind what they do and genuinely care for kids...
CYW (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 April 2018
They are at a disadvantage because of lack of Ministry funding, so staff wages are lower than non-profit agencies, but they do offer benefits and management do care about their staff. I had to go on a brief sick leave and never felt bad for doing so. My Team Leader was very supportive and I was contacted by upper management (hr) to ensure that I was ok when I was ready to return. Unfortunately restraints are part of the job because of the nature of the kids that we work with. We are well trained in UMAB and supported everytime we have to do a restraint.
Wouldn’t recommend
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 March 2018
Agency is very hands-on, they ask how comfortable you are with restraints in the interview. Agency says this is because they work with younger clientele, and they have a harder time regulating their emotions.

Lots of young staff right out of school with very little experience. Management does not give the support they need to give to there child and youth workers.
Cons
Hands-on, restraints
Challenging clients but great, horrible schedules, good if you want experience
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON Peterborough ON14 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the number of clients I got to spend time with. Although some challenging experiences it helps build your skills as a child and youth worker.

I hated the schedule changes. There were constant changes to your schedule last minute and you are expected to keep up with these changes. Enterphase is extremely short staffed which makes it difficult to get certain shifts covered, as well as that you begin to burn out from working so much.

The wage isn't good for certain homes which have more challenging clients...

If you're looking to gain experience in the field it is ideal.

I loved my team leaders and many of the management team would do anything to help you out. Best management that I've ever worked for in this field. Staff are great at helpful however there can tend to be quite a lot of gossip between houses as well as your team.
Pros
Great clients, good management
Cons
long hours, not the best wages
Toxic
Staff (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON14 January 2018
Don’t know how this agency is still accredited and running. Unprofessional management that sits outside and smokes all day while house staff are required o completely run houses independently during dangerous crisis situations. Overworked and underpaid.
Poorly Managed Workplace
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 December 2016
Often required to work alone with multiple high needs individuals
Unrealistic demands placed on scheduling with a take the shift or you are fired attitude
Staff often overworked and required to work back to back shifts
Pros
minimal supervision
Cons
unvalued as an employee
not suitable for me
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 October 2016
I worked at a number of different homes and loved the clients. The staff was difficult to connect with because of the lack of consistency and shift work but overall easy to get along with. There were several factors that made this job unenjoyable- lack of communication for shifts and expectations from one place to another and inconsistent rules/regulations, job scheduling was often conveyed very last minute.
Pros
the clients & staff
Cons
lack of leadership and organization