Enterphase Child & Family Services

Enterphase Child & Family Services Employee Reviews for Youth Worker

Youth Worker21 reviews
Canada21 reviews
Deeply toxic environment where staff gossip incessantly. Obvious favouritism and if you aren’t “in” then you’re ignored. Constantly under staffed and put into dangerous situations because they can’t keep staff. Management is absent at best and borderline cruel with the lack of support they give. Have issues? Bring it up to the HR manager who now CO OWNS THE COMPANY so clearly no one here has your back. Staff who have worked here for a long time are lazy and entitled but they won’t fire them for the lack of staff to replace them. Abysmal pay, better off working for fast food where you won’t get violently assaulted every shift.
We are extremely underpaid, we are also put in high stress situations which we are not compensated for. Raises take forever to get so much so that the new person makes more than you do and then you have to fight to get your raise. Youth who should have a 1:1 do not and when we express why they need one we are shut down. The houses are chaotic and mismanaged by the Team Leaders. The Team Leaders are not held accountable for their mistakes which is why they continue to happen. If you need to cancel a shift one particular Team Leader will go out of her way to make you feel like the worst person in the world. Your own personal mental health does not matter and if it does, it is used again you to assassinate your character and make you appear unreliable. Management and team leader’s are friends so there is no point in complaining. Jen Brunt is the owner as well as HR???? How does that even make sense.
Stressful, toxic, unprofessional place to work. If I could give this place a "0" rating, I would. Team "leaders" were everything but leaders. Took advantage of students and staff, by having them run personal errands for them. Would leave work early and go home, pick up their kids, etc.

Honesty was not this agencies strong suit. Reports were often written dishonestly- changed to comply with policies and procedures and the LAW! Team leaders lied to cover their own a**.

You were discouraged from calling the police when clients were out of control. Unless someone was seriously injured and needed medical attention- don't bother calling 9-1-1. Staff were constantly assaulted and management genuinely did NOT care.

HIGH staff turnover rate (you ended up working with agency staff usually) and staff were constantly sleeping with each other outside of work. DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!

This was the WORST place I ever worked. Steer clear. The money was average for the position and they did negotiate salary, BUT, your mental health is worth SO much more.
Beinga child and youth worker is a stressful job. This job would be suited for someone right out of school to gain experience in the field. The shifts are generally not famiily time friendly. Work life balance is a mess due tothe revolving door of staff. Management is swamped and that definitely trickles down and effects all staff members.
The worst employment experience ever!! A lot of shady things happening in the management team. They discourage the front line staff from having relationships and speaking outside of work but the entire management team are friends and have been for years!!! Not to mention the HR manager doubles as a new owner of the company! Conflict of interest if you ask me. Management travels or spends weekends together partying and gossip about the staff. Very toxic work environment. Clear favouritism and bullying of staff who aren’t “liked” by management. Staff belittled by management to the point of crying during their shifts. Staff are regularly injured/assaulted by the high risk clients we’re forced to service and no one cares. Staff get chewed out for defending themselves or calling the police to have a client charged after an assault. No sick days, horrible benefits, always have to stay late. Staff are forced to drive clients in unsafe vans with NO WINTER TIRES. Vans often break down during transports WITH clients in them. The staff are burnt out, high turn over rate, pay is so low. Teenage clients working part time jobs pulling in the same income as some front line or relief staff. Run far away from this company!!!
Though challenging, Enterphase is definitely on par with this field. Enterphase takes on very challenging clients, and is an amazing opportunity to advance your skill set and professional knowledge. It appears as though many staff struggle to handle this, then blame the agency in turn. This agency cares highly for their clients, and goes out of their way to support their employees.
Pros
Client care, management, Hr, team atmosphere
Cons
the job was okay . Dealing with kids and trying to get them back on track. The most enjoyable part of the job was impacting an individuals life and changing it for the bett
Staff are very cliquey and not the friendliest to new workers. Kids are sweet but can be challenging at times.
Agency provides lots of training and benefits are decent,

Pay is basically minimum wage and hours are typically 12hrs so you wont have time for a social life
The biggest problem with this company, other than the poverty line wage, is that the management is all friends who have worked together for years. The next issue is One of the new owners is also the HR manager. I’m sorry but you can’t protect employees interests while protecting your profit at the same time, it’s a conflict of interest. The reality is she is protecting the business before any employee. During my time working there, I came across 1 good Team Leader. I’ve witnessed Team Leaders lie, steal from the house, submit their own personal receipts, and flat out lie to the child advocates office and the police. I’ve seen Team Leaders cover for staff who swear at the kids amongst other terrible things. I’ve also known of multiple concerns being brought forward to upper management where absolutely nothing was done. There is no oversight for Team Leaders, the management never actually speaks to the staff on the floor to see what’s going on, they get updates from the Team Leaders. The problem with that is the Team Leaders will never admit when they’re the problem. A lot of the staff on the floor aren’t comfortable bringing forward issues for various reasons which makes the environment very toxic at times. The kids do suffer and a lot of the time are neglected to an extent. It’s actually disgusting how some of them have been treated. This company has the potential to be great because they do have a handful of fantastic staff, they just need to run it more professionally and treat the staff better. If people felt appreciated I’m sure they wouldn’t have such a high turn over.
Pros
Can be fun, some great people
Cons
Long hours, dangerous, not enough support, corrupt
I wished a listen to the people that warned me about this agency before applying. No matter how bad you need a job, DO NOT DO IT.

TOXIC-ENVIRONTMENT

TOXIC-MANAGEMENT

TOXIC-STAFFS
This company is very unorganized and could be described as anarchy. I worked as a CYW and Supervisor Assistant. Peterborough sector is extremely unorganized and do not treat staff with respect. There is favouritism and some supervisory staff are very inconsistent and uneducated.
Long shifts and little pay. There is a reason they are constantly hiring.

HR staff are amazing and are the best part of the company.
Pros
Hours available
Cons
Unorganized, favourtism, low pay, over worked staff, clients are usually unhappy with services being provided
Gossiping all across the board from front-line staff to higher up management. Bias racial undertones and lack of support while on shift from leads. Improper training. Youth are amazing.
Pros
Experience with knowing how not to be treated when working front line.
Cons
Pay, atmosphere
Pay is awful, the hours are extremely long (13 hour shifts are a regular thing here), management is unsupportive, and the clients can be quite dangerous. This is not a good place to work at all.
Pros
Easy to get a job here since turnover is so high.
Cons
Very low pay.
Very high turn over rate, very physical and aggressive clients, make every day feel
Like your walking on eggshells. Management is rude I would t work there again.
Pros
Money
Cons
Safety is at risk every shift, and the people don’t treat you that great. Negative atmosphere
Nice to work where you are able to be outside and interact with the kids. However, the client to staff ratio is dangerous, support is minimal and concerns go unheeded.
I fail to understand why this agency is accredited and accepted as a solution.
Pros
Very satisfying to support and counsel youth
Cons
Hours are horrific
Great place to start out after school to gain experience, hours are long. This company had a high turn over rate, hard to take time off due to finding coverage.
Pros
Working and building rapport with the kids
Cons
Hours, very demanding
Agency is very hands-on, they ask how comfortable you are with restraints in the interview. Agency says this is because they work with younger clientele, and they have a harder time regulating their emotions.

Lots of young staff right out of school with very little experience. Management does not give the support they need to give to there child and youth workers.
Cons
Hands-on, restraints
I enjoyed working with the number of clients I got to spend time with. Although some challenging experiences it helps build your skills as a child and youth worker.

I hated the schedule changes. There were constant changes to your schedule last minute and you are expected to keep up with these changes. Enterphase is extremely short staffed which makes it difficult to get certain shifts covered, as well as that you begin to burn out from working so much.

The wage isn't good for certain homes which have more challenging clients...

If you're looking to gain experience in the field it is ideal.

I loved my team leaders and many of the management team would do anything to help you out. Best management that I've ever worked for in this field. Staff are great at helpful however there can tend to be quite a lot of gossip between houses as well as your team.
Pros
Great clients, good management
Cons
long hours, not the best wages
This is a good agency to get into once you finish school, but it is difficult to move up and increase of pay is slow and the max is still low. A lot of the group homes state that they are treatment based, but individual treatment plans conflict with other treatment plans and affect other residents. Staff meetings do not have any use as superiors attend and talk in circles. It is easy to be overworked and underpaid and unfortunately not appreciated.
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Enterphase provides life long learning with many challenges. Everyday is unpredictable and requires the employee to be flexible and creative. If you enjoy working with children and making positive changes in their life this is a great opportunity.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Long hours, can be stressful
I worked at a number of different homes and loved the clients. The staff was difficult to connect with because of the lack of consistency and shift work but overall easy to get along with. There were several factors that made this job unenjoyable- lack of communication for shifts and expectations from one place to another and inconsistent rules/regulations, job scheduling was often conveyed very last minute.
Pros
the clients & staff
Cons
lack of leadership and organization
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterphase Child & Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3