Enterphase Child & Family Services

Enterphase Child & Family Services Employee Reviews in Oshawa, ON

Oshawa, ON23 reviews
Deeply toxic environment where staff gossip incessantly. Obvious favouritism and if you aren’t “in” then you’re ignored. Constantly under staffed and put into dangerous situations because they can’t keep staff. Management is absent at best and borderline cruel with the lack of support they give. Have issues? Bring it up to the HR manager who now CO OWNS THE COMPANY so clearly no one here has your back. Staff who have worked here for a long time are lazy and entitled but they won’t fire them for the lack of staff to replace them. Abysmal pay, better off working for fast food where you won’t get violently assaulted every shift.
We are extremely underpaid, we are also put in high stress situations which we are not compensated for. Raises take forever to get so much so that the new person makes more than you do and then you have to fight to get your raise. Youth who should have a 1:1 do not and when we express why they need one we are shut down. The houses are chaotic and mismanaged by the Team Leaders. The Team Leaders are not held accountable for their mistakes which is why they continue to happen. If you need to cancel a shift one particular Team Leader will go out of her way to make you feel like the worst person in the world. Your own personal mental health does not matter and if it does, it is used again you to assassinate your character and make you appear unreliable. Management and team leader’s are friends so there is no point in complaining. Jen Brunt is the owner as well as HR???? How does that even make sense.
This is the worst place to work , no support from team leaders or upper management . All the staff gossip , most of the senior staff are friends and talk about everyone behind their back . Staff often sit on their phones or in the office leaving the youth with little to no supervision . The houses are disgusting , the youth have no expectations !!
Poor wages, zero work life balance unless you are in management. More interested in their bottom line and less about about the children they are supporting. If that think it'll hurt their funding they recieved for a child they will rewrite reports
Beinga child and youth worker is a stressful job. This job would be suited for someone right out of school to gain experience in the field. The shifts are generally not famiily time friendly. Work life balance is a mess due tothe revolving door of staff. Management is swamped and that definitely trickles down and effects all staff members.
The worst employment experience ever!! A lot of shady things happening in the management team. They discourage the front line staff from having relationships and speaking outside of work but the entire management team are friends and have been for years!!! Not to mention the HR manager doubles as a new owner of the company! Conflict of interest if you ask me. Management travels or spends weekends together partying and gossip about the staff. Very toxic work environment. Clear favouritism and bullying of staff who aren’t “liked” by management. Staff belittled by management to the point of crying during their shifts. Staff are regularly injured/assaulted by the high risk clients we’re forced to service and no one cares. Staff get chewed out for defending themselves or calling the police to have a client charged after an assault. No sick days, horrible benefits, always have to stay late. Staff are forced to drive clients in unsafe vans with NO WINTER TIRES. Vans often break down during transports WITH clients in them. The staff are burnt out, high turn over rate, pay is so low. Teenage clients working part time jobs pulling in the same income as some front line or relief staff. Run far away from this company!!!
Staff are very cliquey and not the friendliest to new workers. Kids are sweet but can be challenging at times.
Agency provides lots of training and benefits are decent,

Pay is basically minimum wage and hours are typically 12hrs so you wont have time for a social life
Enterphase is much better than other child care companies I have worked for in the past. Pay is average but above others, but in general this field is underfunded for what we do. Kids can be a challenge at times, but considering their histories makes sense. Benefits for full time employees are great considering other companies do not have any benefits. Lots of in house paid training. All management is approachable. Still shows appreciation for staff by having a free year end party that lots of places don't have anymore.
Pros
Flexiable schedules when needed, Benefits
Cons
Can be stressful
The biggest problem with this company, other than the poverty line wage, is that the management is all friends who have worked together for years. The next issue is One of the new owners is also the HR manager. I’m sorry but you can’t protect employees interests while protecting your profit at the same time, it’s a conflict of interest. The reality is she is protecting the business before any employee. During my time working there, I came across 1 good Team Leader. I’ve witnessed Team Leaders lie, steal from the house, submit their own personal receipts, and flat out lie to the child advocates office and the police. I’ve seen Team Leaders cover for staff who swear at the kids amongst other terrible things. I’ve also known of multiple concerns being brought forward to upper management where absolutely nothing was done. There is no oversight for Team Leaders, the management never actually speaks to the staff on the floor to see what’s going on, they get updates from the Team Leaders. The problem with that is the Team Leaders will never admit when they’re the problem. A lot of the staff on the floor aren’t comfortable bringing forward issues for various reasons which makes the environment very toxic at times. The kids do suffer and a lot of the time are neglected to an extent. It’s actually disgusting how some of them have been treated. This company has the potential to be great because they do have a handful of fantastic staff, they just need to run it more professionally and treat the staff better. If people felt appreciated I’m sure they wouldn’t have such a high turn over.
Pros
Can be fun, some great people
Cons
Long hours, dangerous, not enough support, corrupt
I gave this agency the benefit of the doubt after i heard so many terrible thing and i regret it immensely. There was absolutely no support from Team Leaders or staff on shift or even management. This agency used to be so caring when the original owner was in charge but now its all about the money for them and they don't put any plans in place for clients they just hold meetings and talk about the plans that never happen....save yourself the trouble and don't apply here
Cons
long hours, no support
Has issues like anywhere else. I don't feel that I have enough information to answer all that required questions and therefor do not want to sway anyone's opinions. My apologies to anyone reading this review for actual interest.
Gossip and toxic team environment. Management is unable to provide support when asked and team members treated unfairly and concerns ignored, except for few "star players" who visibly suck up to senior level employees. Underappreciated and underpaid. Unprofessional habits and micromanaging of the clients. Employees regularly blamed for things outside of their control so organization can look good. Unreasonable responsibility and expectation on nearly minimum wage employees in a high stress job.
Pros
Cons
high stress, no support, changing expectations, unprofessional
Very high turn over rate, very physical and aggressive clients, make every day feel
Like your walking on eggshells. Management is rude I would t work there again.
Pros
Money
Cons
Safety is at risk every shift, and the people don’t treat you that great. Negative atmosphere
They are at a disadvantage because of lack of Ministry funding, so staff wages are lower than non-profit agencies, but they do offer benefits and management do care about their staff. I had to go on a brief sick leave and never felt bad for doing so. My Team Leader was very supportive and I was contacted by upper management (hr) to ensure that I was ok when I was ready to return. Unfortunately restraints are part of the job because of the nature of the kids that we work with. We are well trained in UMAB and supported everytime we have to do a restraint.
Great place to start out after school to gain experience, hours are long. This company had a high turn over rate, hard to take time off due to finding coverage.
Pros
Working and building rapport with the kids
Cons
Hours, very demanding
Agency is very hands-on, they ask how comfortable you are with restraints in the interview. Agency says this is because they work with younger clientele, and they have a harder time regulating their emotions.

Lots of young staff right out of school with very little experience. Management does not give the support they need to give to there child and youth workers.
Cons
Hands-on, restraints
I enjoyed working with the number of clients I got to spend time with. Although some challenging experiences it helps build your skills as a child and youth worker.

I hated the schedule changes. There were constant changes to your schedule last minute and you are expected to keep up with these changes. Enterphase is extremely short staffed which makes it difficult to get certain shifts covered, as well as that you begin to burn out from working so much.

The wage isn't good for certain homes which have more challenging clients...

If you're looking to gain experience in the field it is ideal.

I loved my team leaders and many of the management team would do anything to help you out. Best management that I've ever worked for in this field. Staff are great at helpful however there can tend to be quite a lot of gossip between houses as well as your team.
Pros
Great clients, good management
Cons
long hours, not the best wages
I would engage with the youth in the classroom setting. I would redirect any behaviour that was inappropriate. I would assist children with their academics if necessary. I would build a therapeutic relationship with the youth.
Great place to work at. Great clients, coworkers and bosses.
I have gotten the the opportunity to experience the supervisory role which I really appreciate.
Enterphase provides life long learning with many challenges. Everyday is unpredictable and requires the employee to be flexible and creative. If you enjoy working with children and making positive changes in their life this is a great opportunity.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Long hours, can be stressful
I worked at a number of different homes and loved the clients. The staff was difficult to connect with because of the lack of consistency and shift work but overall easy to get along with. There were several factors that made this job unenjoyable- lack of communication for shifts and expectations from one place to another and inconsistent rules/regulations, job scheduling was often conveyed very last minute.
Pros
the clients & staff
Cons
lack of leadership and organization
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterphase Child & Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3