Enterphase Child & Family Services Employee Reviews

Wages may be a bit low but they stand behind what they do and genuinely care for kids...
CYW (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 April 2018
They are at a disadvantage because of lack of Ministry funding, so staff wages are lower than non-profit agencies, but they do offer benefits and management do care about their staff. I had to go on a brief sick leave and never felt bad for doing so. My Team Leader was very supportive and I was contacted by upper management (hr) to ensure that I was ok when I was ready to return. Unfortunately restraints are part of the job because of the nature of the kids that we work with. We are well trained in UMAB and supported everytime we have to do a restraint.
Wouldn’t recommend
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 March 2018
Agency is very hands-on, they ask how comfortable you are with restraints in the interview. Agency says this is because they work with younger clientele, and they have a harder time regulating their emotions.

Lots of young staff right out of school with very little experience. Management does not give the support they need to give to there child and youth workers.
Cons
Hands-on, restraints
Challenging clients but great, horrible schedules, good if you want experience
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON Peterborough ON14 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the number of clients I got to spend time with. Although some challenging experiences it helps build your skills as a child and youth worker.

I hated the schedule changes. There were constant changes to your schedule last minute and you are expected to keep up with these changes. Enterphase is extremely short staffed which makes it difficult to get certain shifts covered, as well as that you begin to burn out from working so much.

The wage isn't good for certain homes which have more challenging clients...

If you're looking to gain experience in the field it is ideal.

I loved my team leaders and many of the management team would do anything to help you out. Best management that I've ever worked for in this field. Staff are great at helpful however there can tend to be quite a lot of gossip between houses as well as your team.
Pros
Great clients, good management
Cons
long hours, not the best wages
Toxic
Staff (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON14 January 2018
Don’t know how this agency is still accredited and running. Unprofessional management that sits outside and smokes all day while house staff are required o completely run houses independently during dangerous crisis situations. Overworked and underpaid.
Great Experience!
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 January 2018
Enterphase does some fantastic work with some very difficult clients. The leadership team cares about their staff, and does their best to accommodate staff’s needs; it is difficult to try to accommodate staff and clients.
Pros
Fun work, good clients, overtime
Cons
Staff shortages, taking time off is very difficult
Experience
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 November 2017
I would engage with the youth in the classroom setting. I would redirect any behaviour that was inappropriate. I would assist children with their academics if necessary. I would build a therapeutic relationship with the youth.
Good Stepping Stone Into Field
Full-Time Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2017
This is a good agency to get into once you finish school, but it is difficult to move up and increase of pay is slow and the max is still low. A lot of the group homes state that they are treatment based, but individual treatment plans conflict with other treatment plans and affect other residents. Staff meetings do not have any use as superiors attend and talk in circles. It is easy to be overworked and underpaid and unfortunately not appreciated.
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Great workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 October 2017
Great place to work at. Great clients, coworkers and bosses.
I have gotten the the opportunity to experience the supervisory role which I really appreciate.
Enterphase is an emjoyable place to work
Residential Child Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 August 2017
Enterphase provides life long learning with many challenges. Everyday is unpredictable and requires the employee to be flexible and creative. If you enjoy working with children and making positive changes in their life this is a great opportunity.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Long hours, can be stressful
Poorly Managed Workplace
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 December 2016
Often required to work alone with multiple high needs individuals
Unrealistic demands placed on scheduling with a take the shift or you are fired attitude
Staff often overworked and required to work back to back shifts
Pros
minimal supervision
Cons
unvalued as an employee
not suitable for me
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 October 2016
I worked at a number of different homes and loved the clients. The staff was difficult to connect with because of the lack of consistency and shift work but overall easy to get along with. There were several factors that made this job unenjoyable- lack of communication for shifts and expectations from one place to another and inconsistent rules/regulations, job scheduling was often conveyed very last minute.
Pros
the clients & staff
Cons
lack of leadership and organization
Able to enjoy the weather while completing my assigned duties.
Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 June 2015
I would clean and accessorize the gardens for the spring into the summer, and also make sure that winter was safe for the customers to endure. I learned that as hard as maintenance is, it is also beneficial knowledge to help myself gain skills.
Pros
Enjoyed the labor work environment.
Cons
Heavy lifting all the time.
...
relief staff (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 May 2015
I typical day at work would be i go in read over the communication book. Then prepared meals for youths. Complete morning logs, then in the evening complete pm logs.
Cons
only get shift when it is availble.
Informative Work Environment
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 April 2015
I have been working at Enterphase Child and Family Services for almost 6 months to date. I enjoy the work experience as I work with various clients from different backgrounds. This provides me with an amazing experience being in this field as I feel I am learning a lot.