Enterphase Child & Family Services

Enterphase Child & Family Services Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
Stressful, toxic environment
Deeply toxic environment where staff gossip incessantly. Obvious favouritism and if you aren’t “in” then you’re ignored. Constantly under staffed and put into dangerous situations because they can’t keep staff. Management is absent at best and borderline cruel with the lack of support they give. Have issues? Bring it up to the HR manager who now CO OWNS THE COMPANY so clearly no one here has your back. Staff who have worked here for a long time are lazy and entitled but they won’t fire them for the lack of staff to replace them. Abysmal pay, better off working for fast food where you won’t get violently assaulted every shift.
Not worth it
We are extremely underpaid, we are also put in high stress situations which we are not compensated for. Raises take forever to get so much so that the new person makes more than you do and then you have to fight to get your raise. Youth who should have a 1:1 do not and when we express why they need one we are shut down. The houses are chaotic and mismanaged by the Team Leaders. The Team Leaders are not held accountable for their mistakes which is why they continue to happen. If you need to cancel a shift one particular Team Leader will go out of her way to make you feel like the worst person in the world. Your own personal mental health does not matter and if it does, it is used again you to assassinate your character and make you appear unreliable. Management and team leader’s are friends so there is no point in complaining. Jen Brunt is the owner as well as HR???? How does that even make sense.
Worst job experience ever
This is the worst place to work , no support from team leaders or upper management . All the staff gossip , most of the senior staff are friends and talk about everyone behind their back . Staff often sit on their phones or in the office leaving the youth with little to no supervision . The houses are disgusting , the youth have no expectations !!
Trouble
Poor wages, zero work life balance unless you are in management. More interested in their bottom line and less about about the children they are supporting. If that think it'll hurt their funding they recieved for a child they will rewrite reports
Toxic place to work.
Stressful, toxic, unprofessional place to work. If I could give this place a "0" rating, I would. Team "leaders" were everything but leaders. Took advantage of students and staff, by having them run personal errands for them. Would leave work early and go home, pick up their kids, etc.

Honesty was not this agencies strong suit. Reports were often written dishonestly- changed to comply with policies and procedures and the LAW! Team leaders lied to cover their own a**.

You were discouraged from calling the police when clients were out of control. Unless someone was seriously injured and needed medical attention- don't bother calling 9-1-1. Staff were constantly assaulted and management genuinely did NOT care.

HIGH staff turnover rate (you ended up working with agency staff usually) and staff were constantly sleeping with each other outside of work. DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!

This was the WORST place I ever worked. Steer clear. The money was average for the position and they did negotiate salary, BUT, your mental health is worth SO much more.
Very stressful job, but worth it.
Beinga child and youth worker is a stressful job. This job would be suited for someone right out of school to gain experience in the field. The shifts are generally not famiily time friendly. Work life balance is a mess due tothe revolving door of staff. Management is swamped and that definitely trickles down and effects all staff members.
Terrible place to work, terrible pay
The worst employment experience ever!! A lot of shady things happening in the management team. They discourage the front line staff from having relationships and speaking outside of work but the entire management team are friends and have been for years!!! Not to mention the HR manager doubles as a new owner of the company! Conflict of interest if you ask me. Management travels or spends weekends together partying and gossip about the staff. Very toxic work environment. Clear favouritism and bullying of staff who aren’t “liked” by management. Staff belittled by management to the point of crying during their shifts. Staff are regularly injured/assaulted by the high risk clients we’re forced to service and no one cares. Staff get chewed out for defending themselves or calling the police to have a client charged after an assault. No sick days, horrible benefits, always have to stay late. Staff are forced to drive clients in unsafe vans with NO WINTER TIRES. Vans often break down during transports WITH clients in them. The staff are burnt out, high turn over rate, pay is so low. Teenage clients working part time jobs pulling in the same income as some front line or relief staff. Run far away from this company!!!
Good Place to work
Though challenging, Enterphase is definitely on par with this field. Enterphase takes on very challenging clients, and is an amazing opportunity to advance your skill set and professional knowledge. It appears as though many staff struggle to handle this, then blame the agency in turn. This agency cares highly for their clients, and goes out of their way to support their employees.
Pros
Client care, management, Hr, team atmosphere
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Enterphase Child & Family Services?
goal- oriented environment
the job was okay . Dealing with kids and trying to get them back on track. The most enjoyable part of the job was impacting an individuals life and changing it for the bett
Good place to start out right after school
Staff are very cliquey and not the friendliest to new workers. Kids are sweet but can be challenging at times.
Agency provides lots of training and benefits are decent,

Pay is basically minimum wage and hours are typically 12hrs so you wont have time for a social life
Just a personal review.........
Enterphase is much better than other child care companies I have worked for in the past. Pay is average but above others, but in general this field is underfunded for what we do. Kids can be a challenge at times, but considering their histories makes sense. Benefits for full time employees are great considering other companies do not have any benefits. Lots of in house paid training. All management is approachable. Still shows appreciation for staff by having a free year end party that lots of places don't have anymore.
Pros
Flexiable schedules when needed, Benefits
Cons
Can be stressful
Corrupt place to work.
The biggest problem with this company, other than the poverty line wage, is that the management is all friends who have worked together for years. The next issue is One of the new owners is also the HR manager. I’m sorry but you can’t protect employees interests while protecting your profit at the same time, it’s a conflict of interest. The reality is she is protecting the business before any employee. During my time working there, I came across 1 good Team Leader. I’ve witnessed Team Leaders lie, steal from the house, submit their own personal receipts, and flat out lie to the child advocates office and the police. I’ve seen Team Leaders cover for staff who swear at the kids amongst other terrible things. I’ve also known of multiple concerns being brought forward to upper management where absolutely nothing was done. There is no oversight for Team Leaders, the management never actually speaks to the staff on the floor to see what’s going on, they get updates from the Team Leaders. The problem with that is the Team Leaders will never admit when they’re the problem. A lot of the staff on the floor aren’t comfortable bringing forward issues for various reasons which makes the environment very toxic at times. The kids do suffer and a lot of the time are neglected to an extent. It’s actually disgusting how some of them have been treated. This company has the potential to be great because they do have a handful of fantastic staff, they just need to run it more professionally and treat the staff better. If people felt appreciated I’m sure they wouldn’t have such a high turn over.
Pros
Can be fun, some great people
Cons
Long hours, dangerous, not enough support, corrupt
absolutely horrible place to work
I gave this agency the benefit of the doubt after i heard so many terrible thing and i regret it immensely. There was absolutely no support from Team Leaders or staff on shift or even management. This agency used to be so caring when the original owner was in charge but now its all about the money for them and they don't put any plans in place for clients they just hold meetings and talk about the plans that never happen....save yourself the trouble and don't apply here
Cons
long hours, no support
Toxic everything
I wished a listen to the people that warned me about this agency before applying. No matter how bad you need a job, DO NOT DO IT.

TOXIC-ENVIRONTMENT

TOXIC-MANAGEMENT

TOXIC-STAFFS
Unorganized
This company is very unorganized and could be described as anarchy. I worked as a CYW and Supervisor Assistant. Peterborough sector is extremely unorganized and do not treat staff with respect. There is favouritism and some supervisory staff are very inconsistent and uneducated.
Long shifts and little pay. There is a reason they are constantly hiring.

HR staff are amazing and are the best part of the company.
Pros
Hours available
Cons
Unorganized, favourtism, low pay, over worked staff, clients are usually unhappy with services being provided
Negative draining atmosphere
Gossiping all across the board from front-line staff to higher up management. Bias racial undertones and lack of support while on shift from leads. Improper training. Youth are amazing.
Pros
Experience with knowing how not to be treated when working front line.
Cons
Pay, atmosphere
Not thrilled that indeed is forcing me to write this
Has issues like anywhere else. I don't feel that I have enough information to answer all that required questions and therefor do not want to sway anyone's opinions. My apologies to anyone reading this review for actual interest.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Gossip and toxic team environment. Management is unable to provide support when asked and team members treated unfairly and concerns ignored, except for few "star players" who visibly suck up to senior level employees. Underappreciated and underpaid. Unprofessional habits and micromanaging of the clients. Employees regularly blamed for things outside of their control so organization can look good. Unreasonable responsibility and expectation on nearly minimum wage employees in a high stress job.
Pros
Cons
high stress, no support, changing expectations, unprofessional
The worst job I've ever had.
Pay is awful, the hours are extremely long (13 hour shifts are a regular thing here), management is unsupportive, and the clients can be quite dangerous. This is not a good place to work at all.
Pros
Easy to get a job here since turnover is so high.
Cons
Very low pay.
Not a good place to work
Very high turn over rate, very physical and aggressive clients, make every day feel
Like your walking on eggshells. Management is rude I would t work there again.
Pros
Money
Cons
Safety is at risk every shift, and the people don’t treat you that great. Negative atmosphere
Poor management, no balance due to expected hours
There's no room for advancement in this company and there is a lot expected from management in terms of work and extra's which is not reflected by the pay. Huge turn over rate, extremely difficult to book time off, even if you provide more than reasonable notice. I found most of my shift partners and staff team were not engaged and lacked common sense and what should have been required experience and skills. I found myself stressed at work over staff and client relations which were clearly inappropriate however overlooked by management frequently. The cliques within the company are ridiculous and quickly made the work environment hostile between employee conflicts and disagreements.
I also found that the company was quick to bring in clients which we were not equipped nor trained to deal with. This was evident through the poor treatment clients were receiving as well as the lack of improvement which could be observed.
Pros
Lots of hours available.
Cons
long hours, poor management, no advancements
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterphase Child & Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3