Entegris Employee Reviews for Manager

Don't be fooled by the PACE values posters, this place is dysfunctional and discriminatory
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO8 April 2017
Positives:

My co-workers were all smart and experienced and really cared about the business and making improvements. They also achieved a lot even though they didn't get support or positive feedback from our operations manager for it. Truly good people who were and are being unappreciated and professionally mistreated.

Working conditions are pretty good since the plants are climate controlled and kept clean.

Product is high tech and high quality.

The pay and benefits are very good, but don't be fooled. You pay for them with long hours and stress. You'd better respond to that email within minutes. PTO sounds great at 5 weeks, but if you try to schedule much of it you will likely find that you are treated like a disloyal employee for even asking. Some people don't get any because it is continually denied while others seem to never be at work.

Big Negatives:

Poor morale on all levels including staff.

Performance management does not exist here. The review period starts in January. Annual goals are always very aggressive and don't come out until second quarter and then your personal goals get ram rodded through without any discussion. Even so, when the goals are met, we still received "less than competent" ratings and the salary increases were pitiful. This diminishes morale and motivation.

On the other side of the coin, unprofessional behavior is tolerated. Favoritism and discrimination are typical and have become the culture even with plenty of employee diversity. Operators who continually cause problems keep their jobs. A lot
  more... of inappropriate jokes/info about co-workers get shared by managers outside the management circle. If you report them (PACE value) you are putting yourself out there as a troublemaker and it is likely that your complaint will get back to the person whose behavior you complained about. Despite what they may tell you, you cannot rely on confidentiality. This causes distrust throughout the organization.

With respect to performance, the plant is like a start-up... problems that should have been put to bed years ago continue to happen despite rules and regulations being in place. People just are not held accountable yet leadership continues to ask why we have these problems and why morale is so bad.

I've seen a lot of feedback on this company on-line and these problems go back over 5 years. I really liked the CEO, but don't know what hope to have for change.
good workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MN4 January 2013
I managed 43 employees at their daily jobs
I was responsible for the final outcome
good working enviornment
i learned about managing people
Pros
good income
Cons
work was sent over seas and jobs were lost