Enmax Employee Reviews

Stressed out environment
Senior OCM Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2019
My experience was not a positive one. I was shut out from any project activities and told I communicated too much. Funny I was an OCM resource, that is part of the role.

Culture was more autocratic style, and Program Manager wanted to be the hero.
Pros
Cons
Autocratic Leadership Style, Old boys club
One of my favourite jobs
Field Services Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2019
I was only a summer student at Enmax, and it was honestly one of my favorite jobs. I loved that they have a gym in their facility that you can spend your lunches at and I love the work environment.
Lack of Direction
Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2019
Leadership lacks any kind of sustainable strategy so they hire and fire leaders every year or so expecting different results.
------------------------
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
job security is 0
Great pay, great people, poor job security/advancement
Temporary Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2019
Worked with a great group of people. Management makes every effort to support the employees. The work itself would sometimes be confusing due to inconsistencies within work packages. I don't agree with seniority always being held in the highest regard since it really dampers the drive of new talent.
Pros
Good pay, good people, good senior management
Cons
Unorganized jobs, Temporary positions
Benifeths from day one
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2018
I liked that you got benifets from day one. 4 weeks holidays to start if you were over 30, and 3 weeks if under 30. Every holiday off with pay, ans 12 flex days. The bad thing is that they make you out to be a robot, and then even if you do everything right, they do a questionaire that they send to the clients, and if the client is not satisfied, then you will be questioned. They would dock you lots of points on quality for not branding the call at the first, and end of the call, stating the clients name, and addressing the issue at hand. management has favorites, and there are different rules depending on the circumstances. It is great that there is a union, but the union didn;t do much if they knew that they would lose a case. You have to work from home now,but they do have spots in a very crowded call center. The team leads do gossip about each employee, and I know this for a fact, as the new team lead that would be assigned to look over you would state issues that they heard about you.
Pros
Good Pay and Benifet package
Cons
Favoritism amongst employees, and very mundane.
Union culture
Controller / Corporate Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2018
The majority of employees at his organization are great. as a leader you must have an HR rep and a union rep with you at all times when you are having development conversations with employees to ensure a consistent story is conveyed.
Pros
easy to progress
Cons
Union
Amazing place to work. Great culture.
LIGHTING DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2018
Upper management trusts younger professionals to be leaders. Many different businesses and groups mean a lot of opportunity to gain experience doing different things and opportunities to advance.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of paid time off
Cons
Outdated technology
Great Place
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2018
Loved working here. I was given a mandate to deliver projects and had full management support while I was there. Managers, VPs and frontline staff were great to work with.
Pros
defined hours
Cons
internal processes needed more definition
Potentially a great job
Capital Asset Management Technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
My time at ENMAX was what you would expect of any big corporation. Many deficiencies in management due to poor leadership. The pay and benefits are great.
great benefits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
The only good thing, great benefits.They want you to sell on all calls. The have quality assurance that it not good at all, and they dock you points for everything.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
aweful management
Fast paced, no support from management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2017
Very fast paced environment, great for a first job to learn the basics but not good long term. The company strongly promotes growth and advancement, but management is all about their friends so unless you are good friends then good luck moving around.

Horrible at providing any feedback or help when it comes to your unachievable stats for the year, but they expect you to hit target anyways.

Union doesn't do much of anything when needed, they tend to ignore your emails when looking for help.

In order to get a decent shift you have to hit difficult stats, because the shifts are based on the stats there is a competitive vibe throughout the office which can make things tense. This also causes people to not share information or offer any help.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad scheduling, don't provide information fast enough in call centre, promises of job advancement but doesn't happen
No clear direction
RATES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2017
I walked away with little understanding, as there was never a clear directive as to what was expected of me. The company spent a lot of money on entertaining their employees, and not enough on educating them.
Pros
employee celebrations
Cons
unclear role
Will not review
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
Great place to start if your new to office work
need to know about computer software
very strict
union not so great
can move up within company
Great co-workers
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 September 2016
Great management. Management is very responsive, organized, positive and open. Fast paced environment encourages quick learning, adaptability and thinking on your feet. Great atmosphere to learn to interact with customers on a very 'hands on' level. Not a lot of hours which is great for a part time second job.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2016
Enmax was a great place to work a large company with a small company feel it felt like a family business with great management that are there to help and coach others.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
lots of driving
Great place to work with a great work environment and lots of opportunities for advancement. Also very good benefits and bonuses.
Alberta Reliability Standards Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
Enmax is a very good company to work for as they have a large variety of job functions and responsibilities. There is a varied group of people with many different skill sets that one can learn from.

They also offer free parking and are close to the LRT.

The Enmax building is almost like a campus with coffee shops and a gym right in the building.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great People, Excellent Working Conditions
Cons
Work Location
Focus on worklife balance, good benefits and fun place to work
Administrator, Residential Engineering (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
Typical day is unpredictable, fun place to work with fantastic colleagues and approachable management. Promotes worklife balance with amenities life gym.
Pros
Promotes worklife balance
Cons
Not working in the field that I pursued
Good wages, lousy managment
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
Company is very top heavy and in order to cut cost, they outsourced the IT department. Should have got rid of most middle and upper management and would have saved a lot more money and keep the people who actually work.
A Good first Job
Cook/Expo (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 February 2016
Very rushed workplace, limited staff in the concessions for cook. Overall the concession coordinators were nice, and a fine first job.
Friendly and supportive staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2015
Managers are very supportive and allow personal growth. Every day I am asked to do something new and something different which keeps me up and running. My co-workers are very friendly as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can own and be accountable for the work I do.
Pros
Gym, Long lunch break hrs, Flex days, medical and benefits with good salary and bonus
Cons
union based - instead of looking at the capabilities of a person, people are hired on the basis of number of years they have spent and paid the union.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enmax. Our community is ready to answer.

Enmax Reviews by Location