Enmax

Enmax Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Helping to stage build was quite enjoyable. I liked working with people move equipment, and place equipment onto forklifts etc. The workplace culture is above satisfactory.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Very busy
Horrible place to work
You are just a number.They don’t care about their employees. Management is a joke. Union does not help. They outsourced to India who have no clue what they are doing. They are always looking for ways to save money so your job is always on the line
Pros
When you are on holidays and do not have to deal with any of them
Cons
Run far away. I wish I could give 0 stars
Overall ENMAX is a great company .
The workplace culture At ENMAX was friendly. The customer was always put in first place. I learned a lot of life skills as far as customer service and putting the customers needs first. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job was coworkers and getting to know new hire staff.
Outbound agent
I have been working with Enmax as an outbound agent almost six months its an amazing company very friendly and supportive management. If you have the passion and the goal to stay with the company you'll get that potential for sure. The pay for such a position is not that great compare to other companies. The job could be very stressful because its an outbound, call after call and we repeat the same thing all over again and again so the pay should be higher than that.
Easy work
It's pretty easy work you just need to work fast so we have the stage up on time for the show
I have seen

Metallica

Five finger death punch

Disturbed

For free
Fantastic Pay, Amazing Benefits, Not so Great Environment.
Pay is amazing.
Benefits are amazing

Management isn't open with it's employees

( purchasing other companies without notice, announcing changes publicly before telling employees, and knowing about errors that affect the customer and not telling employees before hand leaving them to figure it out)

Changes often

Opportunities only come if you know that right person

The union is great, but you still are not treated equal.( extra work is only given to certain people and not others with no explanation)
Just went through layoffs, management not open with staff
Pay and benefits are both good as well as the pension plan that is offered. The company just went through a massive layoff, throughout the process management was never open and honest with its employees as to their plan and direction of the company. Currently there is a big divide between the employees in the field and the management staff
N/a
N/a not a good experience they don’t care about you. And management does not care they pretend but don’t. All back stabbers. They hire Shaw people who are running the company to the ground.
Pros
N/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Enmax?
Good People
Enjoyed my time at Enmax. The group I worked with was very good. They have a poor track record for managing projects would be my biggest complaint.
It's a Job
It's a great opportunity to belong to an organization that will throw you to the curb for no reason. Management has their best buddies they promote. SIC! Best part of the day is going home or seeing the deposit in my bank account.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too much political favoritism
Good and fun, if you get your job done.
Good people with a fairly "fun" environment. Usually get 1-2 fun distractions throughout the week whether that is birthdays or special events which helps keep everyone in a good positive mood. management was quite transparent and easy to work with.
Pros
Epic coffee maker can get you your caffeine just the way you like it.
Cons
Smaller groups in the company get moved around more often.
Feast or famine, difficult to maintain work/life balance
Was an amazing place to work. PBR (performance based rates) brought in by the NDP has turned an amazing company into lay offs and bad culture. Was an excellent place too work when I was initially hired.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits. Home every night.
Cons
Long hours, skeleton crews.
Stressed out environment
My experience was not a positive one. I was shut out from any project activities and told I communicated too much. Funny I was an OCM resource, that is part of the role.

Culture was more autocratic style, and Program Manager wanted to be the hero.
Pros
Cons
Autocratic Leadership Style, Old boys club
One of my favourite jobs
I was only a summer student at Enmax, and it was honestly one of my favorite jobs. I loved that they have a gym in their facility that you can spend your lunches at and I love the work environment.
Lack of Direction
Leadership lacks any kind of sustainable strategy so they hire and fire leaders every year or so expecting different results.
------------------------
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
job security is 0
Great pay, great people, poor job security/advancement
Worked with a great group of people. Management makes every effort to support the employees. The work itself would sometimes be confusing due to inconsistencies within work packages. I don't agree with seniority always being held in the highest regard since it really dampers the drive of new talent.
Pros
Good pay, good people, good senior management
Cons
Unorganized jobs, Temporary positions
Benifeths from day one
I liked that you got benifets from day one. 4 weeks holidays to start if you were over 30, and 3 weeks if under 30. Every holiday off with pay, ans 12 flex days. The bad thing is that they make you out to be a robot, and then even if you do everything right, they do a questionaire that they send to the clients, and if the client is not satisfied, then you will be questioned. They would dock you lots of points on quality for not branding the call at the first, and end of the call, stating the clients name, and addressing the issue at hand. management has favorites, and there are different rules depending on the circumstances. It is great that there is a union, but the union didn;t do much if they knew that they would lose a case. You have to work from home now,but they do have spots in a very crowded call center. The team leads do gossip about each employee, and I know this for a fact, as the new team lead that would be assigned to look over you would state issues that they heard about you.
Pros
Good Pay and Benifet package
Cons
Favoritism amongst employees, and very mundane.
Union culture
The majority of employees at his organization are great. as a leader you must have an HR rep and a union rep with you at all times when you are having development conversations with employees to ensure a consistent story is conveyed.
Pros
easy to progress
Cons
Union
Amazing place to work. Great culture.
Upper management trusts younger professionals to be leaders. Many different businesses and groups mean a lot of opportunity to gain experience doing different things and opportunities to advance.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of paid time off
Cons
Outdated technology
Great Place
Loved working here. I was given a mandate to deliver projects and had full management support while I was there. Managers, VPs and frontline staff were great to work with.
Pros
defined hours
Cons
internal processes needed more definition
Potentially a great job
My time at ENMAX was what you would expect of any big corporation. Many deficiencies in management due to poor leadership. The pay and benefits are great.