English Montreal School Board (EMSB)

English Montreal School Board (EMSB) Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews

3.2Pay & benefits

Toxic work environment and poor organizational structure

As a support resource for children, I recieved little to no training or guidance on my job assignments. District's provided framework did not support their expectations. This lack of direction supported a toxic environment inducing stress performance, counter productiveness, and demoralization.

Pros

Students, Teachers, Assistants, Parents, Staff; doing their best with the tools available at their disposal

Cons

Left to your own devices. Lack of transparency from hiring process and on

Excellent experience.

Very nice, professional and friendly environment. Programs are well established which make teaching so smooth and easy. Supportive and multi-cultural spirits. Excellent experience for teacher and students

Pros

Very good salary

Cons

Don’t remember any

Work security

The English Montreal School Board is a good place to work if you are looking for job security. There is a lack of leadership in schools across most of this school board.

Little job security, toxic culture

Until you have amassed more than five years seniority, you really have no job security. My colleagues and I change schools and what we teach with each new session. Administration is always getting shuffled too so it's hard to have any continuity. Sometimes the board ignores qualifications that you have on paper, for the most ridiculous reasons. The health coverage is over priced forwhat you get

Overall

There are no management at all. Lots of favoritism and connections involved in the system. Gossiping is one of the main issues. There is no job security as they promise. They hire you with your skills level, then they bump your job position and offering you lower level job until you end up cleaning the floor. That's how their job security works."It's kind of you have a job at least"

Best place to work, great people and atmosphere

This place is amazing to work, I had a great time working there, unfortunally my position was abolished because of the budget cut. The social benefits were also great.

It was a very clean and classy work environment. The managers are trying to be friendly with their team members. Some co workers were competition with each others but over all was good.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at English Montreal School Board (EMSB)?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at English Montreal School Board (EMSB). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7
2.3
2.2

Compare English Montreal School Board (EMSB) with

English Montreal School Board (EMSB) Reviews by Location

• English Montreal School Board (EMSB)