Engineered Air

Engineered Air Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB24 reviews
Overall, the company offered amazing opportunities, however it was difficult to see your future path. Everyone had a different career journey to get to where they ended up, but it was often random and not related to performance or tenure with the company.
good management team
good working environment
It's good to work to get some experience. But it's not good to stay the salaries is to low and you don't have future to learn more because no apprentice.
Its fun and i learned a lot but just a low salary rate.its strong company and compitative.gave chance to anybody.all personal protection equipment gaven to us
I learned many things from the team members in accounting. It was very helpful in giving me the chance to shift towards finding my new career as a Non-Destructive Testing Technologist.
Pros
Shutdowns
Cons
Lack of challenge
The salary rate raises very little every year, and it has something to do with the quality of leadership, and it has nothing to do with your level of technology.No upgrade training.
Engineered Air was a company that manufactures Industrial grade HVAC, they have a lot of people working for them. The manufacturing line was good and ppretty safe workplace.
Pros
benefits provided
Cons
Low grade salary
I have worked at engineered air a bit now. I love the people in the plant, but management seems to not care about the plant employees.

hard work little pay
Pros
no lay offs
Cons
long hours little pay
Typical job once get used to it..No pressure unless there is a job orders to meet with their demands and deadlines.All employees seems relaxed doing their job it just that they complain so much about their wages which I understand.I dont have a problem with mine as they compensate me at median rate after proving myself and trying to impress them from the start.Very supportive foreman and leadhand all the time..makes my life worthwhile and easier while in there..thanks to them! If you are looking for job security you are in the right place (if you believed you arent so equipt to compete in the outside world please stay).
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no union.mandatory overtime
Good company because of its job security but low salary for its kind of work.
Assembler

Electrical

Piping

Welder

Sheet metal
Pros
N/a
Cons
Typical day at work: plant or design office, cubicles for engineers, everybody working together, easy to ask for help, fun workplace they have badminton and table tennis at lunch.

Hardest part of the job: possibly when working in the plant floor

Enjoyable part of the job: definitely co-workers and the material of work. opportunities to work in different areas.
Pros
environement
Cons
salary
I can do the job but the salary is not compensated with the work you are doing in this company specially they ask you to work in other department and you work it hard without proper compensation.But the good thing is this company is not doing layoff to the employee that they have they keep you or you stay as you wanted.
Pros
occassinally there are free snacks or lunch
Cons
Sometimes the job is rushed
We work long hours, but very happy for the result that we have done for the day

We manage to load and unload the big air conditioning units
Pros
Experience in loading big air condition units
Cons
• Assisted field manager and supervisor.
• Built custom rooftop air cooled and indoor water cooled air conditioning units.

• Built electric wires throughout the air conditioning units.

• Openly invited training from executives member to improve my skills.

• Manufacture different kinds and sizes of heating, air conditioning, ventilations and etc.

• Ensure all the custom air conditioning units are well designed and according to customer’s needs.

• Train new employee with the help of field manager and supervisor
Pros
free lunch
Cons
They start you off in their training program, at the time I thought it was bs because it was just manual labor and I hated the hours in the plant. You learn lots by getting your hands dirty and actually getting to see how it is all built and shipped to customers. When you are in the design office, it is really fun. You get your share of design work, and as long as you get them done, they will leave you alone. During the training program, they will have a sit down with you every month with every managers. It is really intimidating at first because you have no idea what they are going to ask you but after a while, you just learn to smile and answer the best as you can.
Since a lot of your co-workers are going through the same thing, they all complain about the same thing and it is nice because you get to hang out with them outside of work as well.

It was a lot of manual labor and you are exposed to fiberglass everyday when you work inside the plant, this is something everyone has to get used to or else you will hate your job.
Pros
you learn hands on experience
Cons
long hours, sometimes saturdays. they use you to get the plants caught up
A place where I started to work on electric panels and wiring and then to set HVAC motors to hi voltage to low voltage such as another basic electric skills.
Pros
Indoor place
Cons
My time to work started from 7am to 3pm, and I am doing doors, dampers, burners and insulation of unit. I learned new design regarding HVAC unit. I can manage the time of what I am doing especially if there is a rush order from the clients. The hardest part is If I I encountered from this job is not co-ordinate other supervisor regarding the orders.i finished my job without wrong,
Pros
learning new design
Cons
overtime required if lots of orders
If you are looking for a company with structure and proper process/procedures in place, this is probably not the company for you.
Pros
Some out of office type work
Cons
High stress environment
less pay, more work, no career advancement, mismanagement
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
mismanagement
I feel sorry for customers that have purchased products from this company. I have never seen such low quality work....ever! The place is a pigsty and its painfully obvious that the company doesnt care about their warehouse staff. The people in the offices are treated like gold however. Double-standards and hipocracy run wild here.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engineered Air. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8