Engineered Air

Engineered Air Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
Fast Paced
You learn a lot, but you need to learn quick. They do a good job training you, a lot of nice people but also some bad ones. I enjoyed it and it inspired me to pursue a career in the gas trade
Pros
Time flies since you are always busy
Cons
You are in a factory
It's good to work to got some experience
It's good to work to get some experience. But it's not good to stay the salaries is to low and you don't have future to learn more because no apprentice.
Diverse and full of knowledge
At Engineered Air there is a vast wealth of experience in all of the departments that makes it an ideal place to go for training with the best in the field. With a competitive wage and great benefits it gives each employee everything they need to define their own success and rise to the top.
assembly line
Very great opportunities within the company, however you don't have much say in the path you are lead down.
Overall, the company offered amazing opportunities, however it was difficult to see your future path. Everyone had a different career journey to get to where they ended up, but it was often random and not related to performance or tenure with the company.
only good for experience
Human resources/management will ensure no problems are solved if the company is to spend money on top the workers are well under payed but its a good place to find employment if you have no experience.
Fun place to work
Its fun and i learned a lot but just a low salary rate.its strong company and compitative.gave chance to anybody.all personal protection equipment gaven to us
Good work setting
I learned many things from the team members in accounting. It was very helpful in giving me the chance to shift towards finding my new career as a Non-Destructive Testing Technologist.
Pros
Shutdowns
Cons
Lack of challenge
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Engineered Air?
The company organizes many activities every. Our child is love.
The salary rate raises very little every year, and it has something to do with the quality of leadership, and it has nothing to do with your level of technology.No upgrade training.
Average
Engineered Air was a company that manufactures Industrial grade HVAC, they have a lot of people working for them. The manufacturing line was good and ppretty safe workplace.
Pros
benefits provided
Cons
Low grade salary
Smoke and mirrors
This is repetitive labor work that runs on the body hard overtime, try and keep up. It's a multicultural environment and a way to share cultural influences in the workforce. Training is there and is enforced but not always available. Management has a problem not getting rid of constant company issues between itself and staff, it rather regard itself as perfect then review it's practices towards individuals in it's working environment and never keeps staff up to date with company progress only the needs of production.
Pros
The people, the hours
Cons
Management has an ego problem, low pay for work involved, does not deal with issues of staff and internal company relations
Job Security and Variety of Task
It's not everyday you find a place to work in the Newmarket area where you are not standing at an Assembly line pushing parts. The job is filled with a variety of task that make the day's go by quickly. I found that I was learning something new everyday I was there.

I don't think anybody is truly happy with what they get paid, but i found the Pay to be fair.

Supervisors are knowledgeable but could work on a few things to improve there teams.

Overall a positive experience
Pros
job security
Fun place
Place is not the best for management working there had fun with coworkers but the management promises things but never fallow through with it always imside
The worst job I ever had
I spent 9 months working for Engineered Air. Management treated the employees like dirt. The pay was the lowest in the industry. Employees were expected to work overtime every day and Saturdays.
Pros
Cons
Terrible work environment
Great people in the plant
I have worked at engineered air a bit now. I love the people in the plant, but management seems to not care about the plant employees.

hard work little pay
Pros
no lay offs
Cons
long hours little pay
Receiving Department/Driver
Typical job once get used to it..No pressure unless there is a job orders to meet with their demands and deadlines.All employees seems relaxed doing their job it just that they complain so much about their wages which I understand.I dont have a problem with mine as they compensate me at median rate after proving myself and trying to impress them from the start.Very supportive foreman and leadhand all the time..makes my life worthwhile and easier while in there..thanks to them! If you are looking for job security you are in the right place (if you believed you arent so equipt to compete in the outside world please stay).
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no union.mandatory overtime
Sometimes fun, productive
Good company because of its job security but low salary for its kind of work.
Assembler

Electrical

Piping

Welder

Sheet metal
Pros
N/a
always a challenge
always a challenge to overcome. The work itself was engaging and never repetitive. Management tends to favor whom they like. Very discriminating work place, unless your one of them. If not, good luck they treat you with very little respect, cheap did i mention that.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
management
Can't even talk on the phone in break times
Forced to work on weekends, can't talk to co workers very very very very very bad air quality of welding metals and wet paint to damage your lungs. Never trust them they don't keep their promise. If it is the last job to take on the planet then take it else please do yourself a favour and find a better place to work and do yourself a favour. They swing you all over you will not a fixed position. And yes you are way under paid in this trade they treat you like animal not even safe water to drink. Smells like rust.
Pros
Nothing about it
Cons
HR is just iconic and General Manager is is interving in everything
Productive fun workplace with tennis table (Calgary)
Typical day at work: plant or design office, cubicles for engineers, everybody working together, easy to ask for help, fun workplace they have badminton and table tennis at lunch.

Hardest part of the job: possibly when working in the plant floor

Enjoyable part of the job: definitely co-workers and the material of work. opportunities to work in different areas.
Pros
environement
Cons
salary
Its fun to work .
I can do the job but the salary is not compensated with the work you are doing in this company specially they ask you to work in other department and you work it hard without proper compensation.But the good thing is this company is not doing layoff to the employee that they have they keep you or you stay as you wanted.
Pros
occassinally there are free snacks or lunch
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engineered Air. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7