ENGIE

ENGIE Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews
Very nice group of people
offered good per hour rate as a 1st year . friendly people. nice place to work even rainy day no mud. staff listens.everyone do their job. focus on safety.
Bonne entreprise
Avec les employés d'Engie relativement bien. On se doit de répondre au client sur le gun pour toutes demandes stressantes et incessantes.
Pros
Bon environnement de travail en général
Cons
Le client te traite quelquefois comme de la m... parce que tu es une entreprise de services
Passage agréable
Même si il y a quelques améliorations à apporter, j'ai eu une expérience agréable.
Great work environment
ENGIE's environment is very professional. The employees are happy to help. Management listens to you and are always looking to grow. It can be slow paced sometimes given that the company is a big organization.
Revoir le salaire
Augmentation du salaire car le travail est très difficile et beaucoup physique...
environnement de travail hostile
Gestionnaire arrogante, un poison !!! Aucune formation !! Aucune organisation!!! T'es laissé à toi même. Gestionnaire pas du tout présent! Les conflits d'intérêts sont une culture la bas!
Company has no succession planning nor do they have any current direction
Head Office in Montreal has little to no interest in the support required in Ontario to make contract in Ontario successful. Very stressful, as little to no support in all areas of the company.
Fast paced and a lot of downtown projects. Able to work from home on many of the project. Wide variety of projects that range from 100k to 1 million and a paid week off at xmas
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ENGIE?
Great company to work
It was my second time to work this company and it was pleasure to work there forman was excited personally great guy to work both time i work there and i would like to see back and work again
Great team
Great team, thats the best of my job.

I like a lot the workplace culture.

They have trained me as a professional here in Canada.

I am very grateful with Engie.
entreprise en difficulté
société en décroissance et perte d'identité -- nouvelle direction corporative -perte d'entrepreuneurship
Very good environment
Management where very nice and open to work about everything from work to home life. We had a very pleasant team from different trade and the culture at Engie was outstanding.
Une entreprise humaine
Une entreprise pour laquelle je serais resté pour les 20 prochaines années. Humain, professionnel, où les ressources sont au coeur de la compagnie.
Awful
The management in the office would undermine the foremans. The project manager and construction manager would sneak around and literally bird-dog the workers threatening if they didn’t work harder they’d lose their job.
Every single decision that came down from that office, roadblocked is, and when the job wasn’t we were reprimanded and threatened more and more.
fun workplace,
la gestion de l'équipe, l'implication dans l'évolution de la compagnie
good place to work
very family oriented. All the different crews work well together. they teach what you dont know. if you need time off they have no problem giving it to you. good company to work for.
Good company to work for
While working for 4 years with them I had an enjoyable work experience with room to learn and advance to the position I am currently holding. They are a well organized company with a great core group of manpower that is organized and dedicated to quality workmanship.
Pros
Good shop /office staff
Cons
Poor project managers
Love/Hate
The culture is awesome, the mission fulfilling. The job was not difficult. If you know someone, and hope to advance, you are "in like Flynn". Within six months of beginning employment, I beheld people go from data entry to team lead. Flip side of that coin? If you don't know "someone", please don't hold your breath. Yes, promotion appears almost wholly based initially on favoritism. Benefits are waning severely, especially the past three years. Quarterly questionnaires go out to employees, asking what needs to be changed and improved. Management made it clear no matter how much employees want or need, pay increases WILL NOT be a consideration (UNLESS YOU KNOW SOMEONE).So they give verbal pats on the back, and have management learning names and saying hello, in place of increased wages..This alone helped me go elsewhere, as, despite my Engie work experience, and previous MANY years experience in customer service field, it took me more than seven years to make, at Engie, what my previous employer was paying me when I was laid off due to economy.
Entry level pay, though, I don't think can be beat in the Spokane area.

Past the initial year, poor, poor less than the cost of living in most cases, pay increases (again, unless of course you are in the "in" crowd).

Start here, don't stay here...unless YOU KNOW SOMEONE :)
Pros
free coffee
Cons
poor chance for advancement; very little chance for supportive wage
Hard to deal with unqualified low level managers
Good assets in energy sector but poor management with unqualified managers driven by superiority feelings and anger towards employees with real qualifications. No feedback from upper management on real life work issues, just pushing based on profit for company. Financial shares are a joke.
Pros
Flex hours based on manager will
Cons
Decent pay and benefits
Bon environnement de travail organisé
J'ai aimé l'environnement de travail de cette entreprise. Tout étais bien organisé et les consignes de sécurité étaient claires.
great place to work, when its actually running
great place to work when there is work there, something must be up, since a job was supposed to start in september, has still been pushed back nearly 6 months now
Pros
great work atmosphere, lots of hours to work
Cons
in ft sask