Encana Employee Reviews

Very good workplace culture
Field Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2018
The leadership is great, and employees support to grow their careers within the company. Company culture is great and everyone who works here is passionate about what they do.
Records management is fun
Land Records Administrator - contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2018
This job was very high paced and quick. The records management team were really nice and helped me a lot with things. I learned a whole array of knowledge from this company.
was okay
Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC2 August 2018
it was a good company to work for. was not the culture for me, it was a very good learning experience working there with lots of good quality co workers.
Good pay, great benefits, loved the 1st and 3rd Fridays off and vacation time allowed
Surface Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
I loved the benefits and the vacation time, but opportunity for advancement was lacking. In my opinion some middle management roles were filled by under qualified people and favoritism was obvious. Enjoyed that I wasn't micro-managed and the relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
lots of free breakfasts, lunches, snacks. great benefits
Cons
little advancement opportunity
Great Company
Records/Document Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2018
This company has now split into two separate entities. So I'm not sure what things are like there now and any comments wouldn't really be reflective of the current situation.
The best place to work
Senior Application Steward (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
I loved working at Encana. Nice working environment, which can be challenging at times. Great team members. However the recessions caused all jobs to be outsourced to India.
Growth driven and supportive
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2016
Encana offered a wide range of career advancement opportunities and was very driven on helping their employees reach their career goals. Daily work was interactive, positively challenging and interesting. The workplace environment was driven, focused, and supportive. The hardest part of the job was...I can't think of a hard part. And the most enjoyable part was feeling satisfied and accomplished after each completed project!
Pros
Excellent benefits
Management flaw
CSU Mechanical Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
Management was out of date. He never try to catch up the realities of the job nature and this was the main reason on encountered deficit at 2015. I tried to defend the company benefit but was punished
Pros
Accomodation
Cons
Stressfull
What an experience
IT Web Architect (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2014
I participated in the split. They worked me to death with long hours and many challenges and never skipped a beat. Management was well organized and communicated everything like champions. Superior leads and managers.

Great corporate family. A model of resilience. The management had all contractors working ourselves out of a job and we all loved every minute of it.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Renumeration
Great place to work, advance and above average pay scale.
Contract Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
Great place to work and / or contract HSE services.
Management is very good to work with and supports on-going education.
Safety culture is well established.
Unfortunately very little work at this time.
Pros
Very good management support and excellent wages.
Cons
Very little work at this time.
Corporate Culture Change
it support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2015
When first employed by Encana, it was a vibrant, fun, and technologically relevant place to work. Since upper management changes, and a change in CEO, the culture has changed dramatically. Trying to get and keep quality people has become a challenge. IBM has become entrenched and service and support have drastically decreased as a result.
Good company with great culture and people
Engineer/Eng Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
I had worked for Encana for over 8 years since the end of 2007. This is the first and also only one company I worked for after I came to Canada in 2005. My co-works and leads are all very professional and friendly, I got a lots of training and learning opportunities to develop my technical and personal skills. I would like to work for Encana again if possible.
Pros
Great company culture and people
Cons
job secure not very stable resent 2 years.
Encana Superintendent
Completions Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Calling the wellsite supervisors, engineers, and completions management.

Completing the programs that are provided from engineering group to complete the tasks needed in the field.

Dealing with the different groups involved in the completions activity (development, engineering, production, and HSE)

Learned how to manage and prioritize daily tasks. Up to 8 wells per day to be completed meant a lot of activity in a short period of time.

Management was very task oriented while trying to maintain a safe work record in the field.

Co-workers were great for the most part. Always ready to help.

Time management and dealing with none work related issues were the most difficult parts of the job.

The job was very satisfying when you could see the projects through to completion in a safe manner.
Pros
Every other Friday off., great work atmosphere.
Cons
Unstable industry.
No place for advancement
Wellsite supervisor/Operation/Optimization (Former Employee) –  Clearwater BU17 June 2014
I have worked for EnCana for 9 years and have been promised new roles and advancement with time but has never happened and I feel like there is no future in this company as it is slowed right down
Pros
good benifits and salary
Cons
would rather not
This was a very long time ago
Mineral Land Administration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2013
I was on a 6 month clean up project, from what I can remember they were a really company to work for. Even though I was consulting I was still treated by the Management and other co-workers as a team member.
Pros
Free Encana Coat, Fun Company events like fun poker tournaments, Town hall meetings
Cons
only 6 month project
Student Production Engineer
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
Excellent exposure to the oil and gas industry with great training for students. A very good work-life balance company.
IT Business Analysis/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2011
If you are in IT there is no job security or advancement as Encana is outsourcing and cosourcing their IT services
Great group of guys, great culture.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Duvernay21 August 2014
I feel I was very fortunate to have had the chance to work with such a great group of people. Consultants and field personal alike, all on board concerning the safety of everyone. It was a great culture to be part of.
Well compensated
Joint Venture Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2015
Limited room for advancement. I didn't think my work was respected or appreciated despite taking on more and more responsibilities.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of recognition
Spacious offices and staff lounge
Information Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
Excellent team environment
Strong leadership
Fast paced work environment
High volumes of work
Competitive
Technology
Pros
Spacious offices and staff lounge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encana. Our community is ready to answer.