Encana Employee Reviews

highly ambitious company
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC14 March 2019
Some great people to work with but can be a bit cut-throat. Management cares more about dollars than people. The salary, benefits and shift were great.
Top Notch Organization
Shift Lead and Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Sexsmith, AB5 January 2019
Excellent Safety Culture. Offered professional development initiatives and rewarded/recognized high performance individuals. I was treated well throughout my tenure...
Great place to work with a great team.
Plant and field operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC26 October 2018
Very positive people and rewarding job as long as you got your work done you were rewarded for it and anything extra you did never went unnoticed. Great experience to be on a remote site and work with Helicopters snowmobiles and quads. Great back up for field operators as well as always someone willing to help.
Pros
salary was good. great camps and atmsphere. was a fun place to work and gain experience.
Cons
Remote work, away from home. Field was up for sale when i left.
Records management is fun
Land Records Administrator - contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2018
This job was very high paced and quick. The records management team were really nice and helped me a lot with things. I learned a whole array of knowledge from this company.
Very good workplace culture
Field Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2018
The leadership is great, and employees support to grow their careers within the company. Company culture is great and everyone who works here is passionate about what they do.
was okay
Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC2 August 2018
it was a good company to work for. was not the culture for me, it was a very good learning experience working there with lots of good quality co workers.
Great Company
Records/Document Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2018
This company has now split into two separate entities. So I'm not sure what things are like there now and any comments wouldn't really be reflective of the current situation.
The best place to work
Senior Application Steward (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
I loved working at Encana. Nice working environment, which can be challenging at times. Great team members. However the recessions caused all jobs to be outsourced to India.
Management flaw
CSU Mechanical Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
Management was out of date. He never try to catch up the realities of the job nature and this was the main reason on encountered deficit at 2015. I tried to defend the company benefit but was punished
Pros
Accomodation
Cons
Stressfull
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
Great place to work. Managers were nice and supportive. interesting work. Effort was appreciated and rewarded . worked with a great team who was knowledgeable and fun.
Decent Place to work
Journeyman Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia5 January 2017
I worked at a small site as a contractor and therefore my view of the company in general is very limited. They seemed to treat their own employees much better then contractors but then again that was only at 1 small site of theirs and could be completely different elsewhere.
Spacious offices and staff lounge
Information Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
Excellent team environment
Strong leadership
Fast paced work environment
High volumes of work
Competitive
Technology
Pros
Spacious offices and staff lounge
Productive workplace and worked with a great group of people
Land Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
Was able to learn about negotiating oil and gas agreements
Enjoyed working with different groups - legal, geological, engineering, admin staff
Great place to work, advance and above average pay scale.
Contract Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
Great place to work and / or contract HSE services.
Management is very good to work with and supports on-going education.
Safety culture is well established.
Unfortunately very little work at this time.
Pros
Very good management support and excellent wages.
Cons
Very little work at this time.
Encana Superintendent
Completions Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Calling the wellsite supervisors, engineers, and completions management.

Completing the programs that are provided from engineering group to complete the tasks needed in the field.

Dealing with the different groups involved in the completions activity (development, engineering, production, and HSE)

Learned how to manage and prioritize daily tasks. Up to 8 wells per day to be completed meant a lot of activity in a short period of time.

Management was very task oriented while trying to maintain a safe work record in the field.

Co-workers were great for the most part. Always ready to help.

Time management and dealing with none work related issues were the most difficult parts of the job.

The job was very satisfying when you could see the projects through to completion in a safe manner.
Pros
Every other Friday off., great work atmosphere.
Cons
Unstable industry.
Good company with great culture and people
Engineer/Eng Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
I had worked for Encana for over 8 years since the end of 2007. This is the first and also only one company I worked for after I came to Canada in 2005. My co-works and leads are all very professional and friendly, I got a lots of training and learning opportunities to develop my technical and personal skills. I would like to work for Encana again if possible.
Pros
Great company culture and people
Cons
job secure not very stable resent 2 years.
Good pay, great benefits, loved the 1st and 3rd Fridays off and vacation time allowed
Surface Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
I loved the benefits and the vacation time, but opportunity for advancement was lacking. In my opinion some middle management roles were filled by under qualified people and favoritism was obvious. Enjoyed that I wasn't micro-managed and the relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
lots of free breakfasts, lunches, snacks. great benefits
Cons
little advancement opportunity
Lead Trades Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta30 August 2016
Great place to work, going through some growing pains but you would be hard pressed to find a better group of people. I wish all that remain all the best!
Pros
People
Cons
Long term sales plans
Good Company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary3 August 2016
I worked at the company prior to its split to CVE and ECA in November 2009. Pre split I really enjoyed working there and I felt I worked with high caliber people.
flexible hours were accepted
Cabin Gas Plant, Project Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2016
Couldn't work there unless I was hired through a consulting company, I was a number in the office, everyone worked, not really any team building, didn't feel like a work family
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I felt like a number in the office, didn't feel like it was a team environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encana. Our community is ready to answer.