EnCana Corporation

EnCana Corporation Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Dynamic workplace

A good company with good benefits and challenging opportunities; change is a constant at this organization; morale at times was low as a result of constant change

Great company with good work/life balance

Great company to work for. Good benefits and work/life balance. If it wasn't for the low gas price, it would have been a dream company for petroleum engineers.

Horn River and Kiwigana

First introduction to remote camp life, Excellent camps at these locations with great food! (too good). Was the first 2 weeks in 2 weeks out jobs I every worked. It was an excellent home/work balance. Money was pretty good as well. but after 3 years the contract money ran out.

Surface Land

Was a great place to work. Was laid off during the first big layoffs in Calgary. Would defiantly not have left had I not been laid off. Excellent benefits.

From Excellent to Horrible in 4 Years

Encana, specifically IS, was a great place to work 4+ years ago. Moral was high, the staff were talented, compensation was good, and it was all about excellence. Fast forward to 2017 and nearly all of IS has been outsourced and many talented people were let go or left of their own accord. Management has destroyed their reputation's through the advancement of an obvious but never admitted to downsizing over the last 4 years. The opportunities for career advancement dried up and staffing decisions were obviously biased.

Pros

1st and 3rd Friday's of the month off.

Cons

Poor management, no career advancement, poor compensation

Fun work place

EnCana is a great company to work for. I was a contractor for them, therefore I cannot comment on employee benefits. As a contractor for the company I was treated well. The company culture is excellent. All company events included contractors as well as employees.

Excellent Company to Advance

EnCana was great to the employees. Good philosophy of happy employees are productive employees. Fantastic benefits and incentives. Expectations of self-betterment and advancement.

Pros

Freedom to grow personally and professionally

Cons

I enjoyed this job very much.

In this position there is both inside and outside work. Part of our job was adjusting gas wells, maintaining the engines in the process plant and keeping production at required levels.

Pros

Good chance for advancement and good pay/ benefits.

Cons

Changing ownership of gas companies.

Great Company

Excellent place to work, full of challenge and benefits. Tough time for the oil and gas industry in Canada. Leadership is excellent, clear winning vision.

Pros

Great pay and benefits and challenging work

Cons

Tough time for the oil and Gas industry

I enjoyed working at Encana for over 5 years. Culture was quite good.

As a contractor, had no benefits of job security. Overall working for Encana was great. I was able to work on my own for most of the time but counted on great team lead support when needed.

Pros

Culture and work environment

Cons

Job unsecurity, especially the last two years

Most enjoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was participating in the Encana information sessions in the community. I had the opportunity to to communicate face to face with landowners and stakeholders. I was responsible for the logistics of the information sessions (venue, food, promotional material, give-a-ways, travel and more),

Pros

Excellent culture and benefits

Not what it used to be

Unfortunately, with the recent changing if the reigns at Encana (which WAS desperately needed), company culture and morale have been severely eroded, and in some cases now non-existent (Facilities Engineering - Technical Services, specifically). People are unhappy and simply cash their paycheck with no passion or enthusiasm for the job - which previously existed and oozed everywhere. The only "perk" that keeps people at the company are the two Fridays off per month. Recruiters and HR personnel actively root out and shred resumes with Encana on them. I am sure Gwyn would be proud to see the ship steered in the right direction, but not at the expense of ripping out its soul. RIP to a once great company.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Work environment, middle management, compensation

Good company to work for.

Good company to work for. zgood benefits, goow working environment.