EnCana Corporation

EnCana Corporation Culture reviews

Clear

Productive and fun

EnCana was a fantastic company to work at. We were encouraged to take training to improve technically. Team building events were regular in order to strengthen relationships within the work environment.

Great company suppprt

Amazing company support and team support committed to making the team successful. Great training capabilities and furthering education where needed so that everyone is aware of why is expected and how to work with all types of personalities in the event you have issues in the field of management sectors.

Industry leader with a strong corporate culture

Great work/life balance employer. 8 and 6 shift with a lot of diversity in job tasks. Company culture encourages personal growth and development and provides opportunities for such growth.

Strong company ethics, wonderful place to work

Had a wonderful experience working at Encana. The company overall is great as are the employees. Had the pleasure of working with many old colleagues and establishing new ones.

High Energy, Flexible and Fun!

A very pragmatic and high energy environment. Lots of flexibility, friendly, great cohesion and the resultant business productivity is absolutely unforgettable!

A positive and rewarding experience

Encana is an aggresive company that always challenges its staff. Encana also maintains the highest safety expectations of any company I've worked for in the past requiring all management to have the highest priority set towards safety.

My review is that the Job Culture catered to favorites. But hard work paid off. Job culturistics were One, Agile and Driven and those were the basis of everything you did.

Great place to work, nice people, beautiful offices

There's an earlier start to the day, I was typically in around 8am, got a cup of coffee and got settled in for the day. I would then have a meeting with my supervisor just to go over my project and what the focus of the day was. I was always able to ask any questions I had. There was a great culture of inclusion and open flow of communication, ensuring all employees were on the same page. I would also often get lunch with colleagues, with regular social events to meet employees in other departments.

Challenging and Rewarding

EnCana was a great company for diversity. As a young engineer you will meet a ton of field and office staff who all have a common goal to produce Oil and Gas economically, safely, and ethically. I learned the basics of almost everything from the reservoir to the sales point with a little more depth in Facilities Engineering and Internal Process Improvement. The culture demanded initiative, collaboration, and drive to succeed. The hardest part of some roles was managing career development with a face paced environment, while other roles it was overcoming personal misconceptions of roles and responsibilities.

Pros

Field Time, Training, and Driven Management Team

Cons

Management of Change

Good people; Challenging work environment

Encana used to be a great place to work at. Current market conditions have made it more difficult with long hours, rotating property sales and constant change in budget/scheduling plans. Despite that I have always enjoyed working with the people at Encana and hope that the culture maintains a positive outlook.

Lots of work

Great group of people to work with. Being a large E&P company there are many opportunities to work on different projects and with different groups. Great building to work in.

Fun work place

EnCana is a great company to work for. I was a contractor for them, therefore I cannot comment on employee benefits. As a contractor for the company I was treated well. The company culture is excellent. All company events included contractors as well as employees.

Good work/life balance

Alternating Fridays off are always welcomed for those individuals who are family orientated. Unfortunately, the ongoing office politics eventually becomes tiring - affecting overall productivity as well as morale.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

Too much office politics

O&G in Calgary

When oil is up, its great and pay is fantastic, everyone is happy. When oil went down or groups were reducing the culture was much different. The opportunities are endless and they treated me right in the end. Its exactly how any major oil company would act

Pros

great pay and bonuses, opportunities to advance

Cons

layoffs

Great Team Environment

EnCana works very functionally between divisions with resources always just a phone call or email away. A very strong and open team environment. Strong focus on health, safety and the environment.

Good work culture

Great place to work. Great team. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow. The office is great and the view from the bow is breathtaking.

I enjoyed working at Encana for over 5 years. Culture was quite good.

As a contractor, had no benefits of job security. Overall working for Encana was great. I was able to work on my own for most of the time but counted on great team lead support when needed.

Pros

Culture and work environment

Cons

Job unsecurity, especially the last two years

Most enjoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was participating in the Encana information sessions in the community. I had the opportunity to to communicate face to face with landowners and stakeholders. I was responsible for the logistics of the information sessions (venue, food, promotional material, give-a-ways, travel and more),

Pros

Excellent culture and benefits

Cons

Good Culture overall. Healthy working environment. First and Third Fridays off.

Would gladly work at this company or refer other people to work there. They go through transitional changes as in any company which can change the culture temporarily, overall its very good. Facilities are pleasant and well maintained.

Pros

First and Third Fridays off. Contractors and Employees.

Not what it used to be

Unfortunately, with the recent changing if the reigns at Encana (which WAS desperately needed), company culture and morale have been severely eroded, and in some cases now non-existent (Facilities Engineering - Technical Services, specifically). People are unhappy and simply cash their paycheck with no passion or enthusiasm for the job - which previously existed and oozed everywhere. The only "perk" that keeps people at the company are the two Fridays off per month. Recruiters and HR personnel actively root out and shred resumes with Encana on them. I am sure Gwyn would be proud to see the ship steered in the right direction, but not at the expense of ripping out its soul. RIP to a once great company.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Work environment, middle management, compensation

Was Good Place

Excellent Work Life Balance Culture has started to shift Benefit were excellent Long term incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EnCana Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement