Enbridge Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2018
Pretty good corporate culture that cares about employees. Can have some difficulty with organization in management, but for the most part there are various opportunities to advance, good benefits and pay as well.
Great company with great employees
Environmental Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 January 2018
Very good at following regulations. Very busy and very rewarding employment, Very good company on safety policies. Great work environment if you enjoy being very busy & moving around lots
too many reviews to submit
MANAGER - Information Technology Support Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
I see no reason for me to fill out all these company reviews. It has been quite some time since I have worked at the company. For that reason, I will fill in meaningless information.
Not for me anymore
None (Former Employee) –  Calgary21 January 2018
All management cares about is the bottom line. And if a manager does not like you, it will not matter how effective you are at your job. If you like brown-nosing, this is for you.
Pros
Money
Poor leadership & Management
Planning Advisory (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 January 2018
This review based on my experience at Enbridge Gas. I was unlucky to work with one of the worst managers and hence i had a bad experience. I believe that Enbridge should be a good place to work but any company can be either fantastic or bad place based on your manager leading style.
In my situation, i was struggling as my manager has no appreciating to work/life balance and he didn't care that i was spending 2 hrs commuting (one way). he made it hard for me to feel welcomed as he kept mentioning that he prefers working early and that he would like to see me in the office earlier than 9 am.
Also, as we didn't get a long he avoided talking to me as well as i was no more part of the team discussion unless it was a pre-scheduled meeting.
It was my worst year working at Enbridge gas and i now since i joined different company with much better leadership i can feel the difference and i wouldn't recommend EGD for anyone looking for an enjoyable work place.
Pros
Big Company, Average salary, Good education support after 10 years service
Cons
Wrong people as leaders, job instability, limited growth, poor life / work balance.
Best employer
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2018
Great management team with fantastic coworkers. Multiple opportunities to advance as well as opportunities for learning (personal and career wise). Work/life balance is greatly emphasized.
Very productive. A dream place to work
Sales and Customer Service consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
Very productive and outstanding atmosphere to work in this Company. Very friendly culture. Management is very cooperative. A place to lean a lot to accomplish your goals.
Pros
occationally
Unfortunate Company
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2017
At this moment in time this company is a terrible place to work. I don't know how it used to be in the boom times or any other time but as of now it has reduced itself to a combination of poor to non-existent management and little to no organizational structure. Somehow these guys still churn a profit but I think its a fraction of what it could be and its most likely because they have given staff 3 pay cuts in the last year alone. there are layers upon layers of mgmt. that most employees don't even know about and speaking of employees, we are almost one year after the merger w/ Spectra and we still have no clue wtf we are supposed to be doing on a daily basis! Everyone makes it up as they go along due to the lack of leadership because managers are too busy at each others throats most of the time. if you have a choice, save yourself the grief and stay away from this company altogether.
Pros
Pay on time LOL
Cons
Selfish mgmt
Best Work Environment and Culture in Canada
Strategic Buyer (Current Employee) –  North York, ON14 December 2017
Canada's 4th largest infrastructure company with 4500 employees in Toronto only. Standards Day Off and Annual Bonus and benefits are outstanding.

Flexible working hours and friendly environment
Pros
Enshape Exercise Centre
Cons
Merger and Acquisition
Great field management teams
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Integrity Digs - AB, SK, MB, ON and PQ12 December 2017
The overall structure of the company is lacking in the upper management area. The field management teams are experienced and do what it takes to get the job done, which can be a challenge to my profession.
Good Pipeline Company
Project Specialist, PMO (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2017
A good company with a lot of very good people. Current environment is in a state of constant change. There has been an atmosphere of change over the last 3 years.
Great company
Field Sr. Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2017
Enbridge is a great company to work for. Safety culture and practices was the #1 focus. The company provided the opportunity for anyone to advance their knowledge by providing online courses and training.
Extensive Microsoft Excel experience
IT Development Specialist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
Using the pivot table with slicer, and graph chart for reporting. Identifying data mapping, supporting business analytic requirements and creating reports.

And enjoying working with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) for creating the reports from SQL servers.
Pros
Excellent trainings, independent work
Cons
Stress, project deadlines
great company to work
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2017
"Reasonable for hours of work (aka work/life balance)"
"very conservative work culture, work life balance gets tough as you move up" Great Management
Great company
Records Analyst in Legal (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
While I was there a number of improvements were made to the information governance that greatly improved the accessibility of information for the people who needed it.

I enjoyed the people I worked with, all good sincere people.
A political minefield during slower economy, lots of micro managers
Test Lead/Tester (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
I was brought in on an interesting project and had the opportunity to work with lots of excellent people, however, this seemed to be a culture where there were a higher than average number of opportunists who felt the demeaning colleagues in front of leadership or peers was the best way to advance. This lead to micro management, poor work life balance and somewhat cut throat business practices within projects. Quite unfortunate as the offices were nice and opportunities were exciting and there was a lot of talent in their work teams, but many, many very stressed out people.
Pros
nice office space and opportunities, great customers
Cons
extremely long hours, travel
Team Building
Project Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 October 2017
Team Building were great, to get to work and interact with others .
In the Office the folks were very helpful and great to work with.
We interacted with the field operations and the producers which made the company grow.
Great Company
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 October 2017
Extremely good company to work for, very family oriented, would love to work with them again. learned so much in a short period of time. There was never a dull moment
Pros
no bus, had company truck
Great place
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray13 October 2017
Lots of employee participation. Pot luck lunches, barbecues, every birthday gets a cake. Good management, very safe culture. Place is kept clean. Excellence is expected.
In transition
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
The company has been in transition for some time lately. Particularly the common shared services. These have been a challenge in keeping people motivated with large changes in the last 4 years, continual outsourcing and layoff.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Continuous change with reduction in level of service internally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.