Enbridge Employee Review

Enbridge sub contractor.
Contractor - Powell Canada (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB9 January 2014
I worked on a site which included a pumping station, 2 vfd buildings, along with 2 high voltage substations, 4166v switch gear and 2 huge storage tanks. The project was interesting, I dealt with mainly tying in the high voltage to and from switch gear to substations, vfd bldgs, and pumps. Along with this I hooked up controls for vfd's, lighting circuits, pumps and remaining systems.

I worked for a subcontractor to Enbridge, we finished our contract in full prior to deadline, and without injury.

Was a fun show.

Other Enbridge Employee Reviews

Loved working there
Supplier Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2018
A good place to work, challenging projects, technology based, work from home, good work, life balance, dynamic work place, training offered to CWR's, coffee......
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Disorganized at the management level
Downhill fast
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
Years ago Enbridge was THE place to work if you wanted to work for a large company. Excellent compensation, benefits, and a defined benefit pension plan that you rarely see any more.

Aside from compensation, nothing else was particularly great, though. The entire organization is structured so that no one has any power or authority, so nothing really ever changes or gets done. The company operates the same way it has since the '50s, old-fashioned to the point of being comical, with no direction and only their virtual monopoly stopping them from going out of business a dozen time over.

Nowadays, even the compensation isn't very good. The pension has been scaled back and most employees haven't had a raise in years. Lay-offs abound, opportunities for advancement are rare, and morale is so low you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who cares about anything.

Worse, the company has started outsourcing its jobs to India. Seriously - they've already laid off their AP and IT staff and given their jobs away to a foreign country. If you work for Enbridge, you spend your days knowing that management will kick you to the curb the moment they see an opportunity to save a buck by outsourcing your work.

My advice - stay far, far away from this soulless company.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, no opportunity to progress, constant threat of lay-off, low morale, cold and uncaring management, outdated processes, poor corporate culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.