Enbridge Employee Reviews

Productive and very nice place to work
CWR Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2019
Great working environment with focus on staff training and work-life balance. Good place for someone interest honing their professional skills and develop a better understanding of the pipeline industry.
Pros
Great working experience
Cons
wonderful and knowledgeable team members
Poor Morals and Strong Nepotism
Utilities (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 February 2019
The worker attitude is horrible. Yes the pay is good and you have alot of time off, but due to the constant threat of layoffs and poor moral from self entitled employees, you are stressed and miserable all the time. I would not recommend working here. I have worked many places before working at Enbridge and Enbridge takes the cake by far for the most twisted and screwed up places to work. I was glad to finally leave and I don't look back. Any job is better than a job in this company. This place is full of nepotism. Can I say that again? FULL OF NEPOTISM. If you a great worker but are not friends with the right person, you will be disliked. Most people who work here are incompitent and do a horrible job but they kiss the right persons butt. Hence why they have so many leaks and spills. If an agency came in and done a survey on who is related/close friends with management, they would see that 80% of people only got in Enbridge because of that and not because of their credentials. Then once those ones are in, it becomes of battle of who can kiss the most butt and backstab the other person. Don't be blinded by the pay. Money doesn't buy happiness.
Pros
Benefits, Time Off, Salary
Cons
Workplace Moral, Incompetent Managment, Constant Layoffs, Nepotism, Backstabbing
good place to work
utility fitter (Former Employee) –  North Cental district, Richmond Hill3 February 2019
service fitter for 42 years,great place to work,really enjoyed meeting my customers and helping them meet their goals,hardly any recognition for doing a good job, lots of incentives for safe driving,perfect attendance disappeared,25 year club,felt great pride in being a member,cut to save money-big loss to me, company would spend on feel good initiatives freely but cheaped out with employees,stopped giving food cards at Christmas,said money donated to a charity( like in Seinfeld) Layoffs happened with no planning,felt they spinned a wheel and threw darts to choose
Pros
on the road all day meeting people
Cons
none for me
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2019
I was a consultant for Enbridge. I cannot comment on the work life balance, management, salary/benefits, job security/advancement or job culture, although I did enjoy my time there.
Dynamic workplace where the rewards matched the demands of the job.
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER, LEAD (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2019
Policies, programs and perks are first rate. Leadership development has lagged in recent years. Executive and Senior leadership is somewhat oblivious to the everyday reality of the impacts of their decisions. There is no real focus on the development of talent so unfortunately, good people leave far too frequently. There is a deep culture of "who you know" instead of "what you can do". That said, there is a lot to learn and its a great training ground for those who are not afraid to work hard.
Pros
total rewards package has few equals in the industry
Cons
career development is a tough go
Awful company culture
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2018
Enbridge culture is truly awful - years of layoffs and thousands of jobs lost and very little leadership to help employees through this or help staff focus on an "end game"... few employes (if any) would be able to explain what the point of the endless restructuring is. Very profitable company, but employees feel like a liability and easily disposable. High performers are jumping ship, with high voluntary turnover in some offices. Leaders only communicate in a very scripted way, and while Corporate can churn out endless programs, initiatives, and hashtags to try to improve the culture, they've missed the obvious - that people just want to be talked to and treated like humans, respected and valued.
Pros
Recognition for experience at other companies counts for vacation time seniority
Cons
Horrible company culture, poor leadership at the top, poor communication, inauthenticity, everything is scripted
Fine place
Cost Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 December 2018
Fine place to work. Nice people to work with. i don't want to write anything more about them because this is unnecessary for me finding a job. thank you and goodbye
Fantastic Place to Work
System Analyst & Design Analysis (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 December 2018
This is an truly incredible company, fantastic people and management. Everyone is supportive and respectful. I cannot speak highly enough of this company.
Pros
My co-workers are beyond amazing.
Cons
Hard to advance and achieve full-time employment.
Horrible management. Horrible team spirit. Watch yourself.
Work Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2018
Over the years I’ve been working here I’ve been seeing the team spirit and employee satisfaction go down. Christmas parties removed. No more team engaging activities. No encouraging team leads. Poor management and job advancement.

The only thing that is good is the money and the benefits are OK. Could be better for union employees. After a while you get tired of the money and your happiness goes down the drain. I’ve spoken to many senior staff over the years and they have been there for so long because they have settled basically. There is no challenge in the work you do and there is a lot of criticism. The TEAM spirit is simply not there. You have to watch yourself at every turn. You have to make sure you note everything down in case something happens and you can prove it was not of your doing. This job has made me a follower and no longer a leader. I shy in my corner because of fear of retaliation. Little things
Pros
Salary, children’s party, staff lunches
Cons
Low team spirit, bad management, poor leadership
Great Company - Fun to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 December 2018
Enbridge is gas utilities provide natural gas to about 2 million customers primarily in Ontario. Great place to work, friendly environment. lot of technologies under one roof.
Challenging, productive, technical, work/life balance
Major Projects & Programs - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 December 2018
- manage complex pipeline and/or facility related projects
- manage on-site work of different portfolios
- work/life balance is very strong here
- everyday is a different day in terms of challenges, which keeps things very interesting
Toxic Group, watch your back!!
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2018
They are all out for themselves and don’t care who they stab in the back. As long as they look good they don’t care what they do to others! They are evil people!

The so called “Team Lead” has no leadership skills what so ever! He has no clue what our role as a Document Controller is. He is also the biggest hypocrite of them all.

For a well known company there are no written and approved procedures, you fly by the seat of your pants everyday.

I would never recommend working with this Document Control group until they are all replaced especially the Team Lead. They are awful people and you know who you are!
Pros
Cons
Toxic Group Environment, Contract positions only in the DC group, no room for growth no matter how hard you work!
Excellent benefits
AP Scan Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2018
If you became a full-time permanent, Enbridge has a great benefits for you and your family. Also, the company has great deal of Life and work balance as well.
Pros
Scheduled Day Off once a month
Cons
N/a
An alright place to work but limited growth opertunities
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2018
Has been a good place to work as I have learned lots about the industry. Have a great supervisor so work-life balance has been great. Unfortunately with all the resent restructuring there is very limited job growth potential within this organization. When I first joined the culture was very pro-employee development and pro-employee retention. This is no longer the case. Employees are just numbers now.
Compensation, they pay alright but not great for the industry. Pay within the company is very inconsistent which can be frustrating.
Pros
Depending on the manager, great work-life balance
Cons
Low job security, limited growth potential
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 November 2018
I worked for Consumers Gas for many years, it was a great environment, the pay was good and so were the benefits. Management was great, and I enjoyed my job. Unfortunately, they began downsizing and things started to change. Job security was no longer there, and many people left.
Pros
Great culture
Good experience
Senior Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2018
Enbridge was a good place to work, great people, great safety culture, Daily meetings, the hardest part of the job was educating people on processes. I enjoyed helping people to understand work processes, and working on a continuous improvement ideal.
Pros
People
Cons
People
Utility
Governance and Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2018
Utility in Toronto that distributes natural gas to 2.1 million customers.
Good work/life balance.
Flexible work arrangements can be made.
Risk adverse.
Good Exp
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, NB9 November 2018
My bosses were always great fed into my potential and pushed me to new heights . It took me a while to get into working wit people who didn't share my ideals but at the end of the day it was fun and productive .
Pros
Projects
Cons
Red Tape
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2018
Good company to work for overall. downsizing is one of its cons. Work environment is generally healthy however there are some workers who are not happy with recent company organizational changes.
Awesome workplace, but quailty has decreased
Pipeline/project Engineer - Major Projects (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta2 November 2018
Working at Enbridge initially was a dream. The company cared for its employees and pushed them to be better. Now its the exact opposite. opportunities for advancement are also minimal and acknowledgment of good work is few and far between.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.