Enbridge

Enbridge Employee Reviews

Canada511 reviews
Would recommend Enbridge as a good company to work for. It is a large company so moving up into new roles can be challenging. Enbridge offers yearly bonuses based on company, business unit and self performance.
This is a good company but unfortunately HHRR was not careful enough to avoid racism and poor management in the department were I worked; I didn’t even have the opportunity to demostrare my skills as a Civil engineer, Architectural designer with more than 10 years of experience as Facilities Manager simply because the manager at that time was not a good fit for the position; as soon I started she fired her administrative assistant and wanted me to do two positions at the same time, the manager was always making despicable comments during staff meetings and nobody said anything to stop her; the worst is that was evident that she hates immigrants and people that speak more than 2 languages (like me) thinking that’s a problem instead of a big plus for the department. I hope after few years this changed and they are taking good care of excellent professionals and their careers.
Pros
Cons
Racism and terrible work/life balance.
Overall a good place to work with good people however, there tended to be a high degree of competitiveness amongst some mnagaers. Mostly at the higher levels.
Lots opportunities to learn and further skills. Overtime available. Great pay. Good job culture. Respectful co-workers and team environment. Opportunities to work outside and in shop.
Pros
free lunches on occasion, community oriented, volunteer work available through company, happy fridays every other week
Most employees are related to one another. Most managers are related and are generations of families in prominent positions across the board. Same as Ontario Power Generation; maybe worse,

Most VP's and Directors are all friends with management.

Employees are outstanding individuals. Management is the cancer.

Cannot speak your mind because of fear of retaliation.

No avenue for advancement of career unless you are in bed with management.
This was a great place to work at, a lot of room for advancement and the management team were respectful and encouraging of advancement. Unfortunately everything changed with the downturn of the oil and gas sector. It was 3 years of constant lay offs and waiting for my number to be called, which it was.
Love working here everyday is a busy day and the time goes by so fast. It is a great place to work I have met many different experienced people in this company and I enjoy coming to work each and every day
Typical day at work.
Most enjoyable part of the job.

Learned new technology.

Workplace culture.

Good Management.

Easy getting along with other team.
Productive and fun place to work. Collaborative team mates. the company cares about work life balance and well being of staff.
there is also the ocassional free lunches
Worked under CIO for close to six years. Best group of people I had had the opportunity to work with.
I was well supported by my manager as I developed the subject matter expertise necessary to maintain and continuously improve IT change management and compliance processes for my team.
Really liked the position I had at Enbridge. Company worked hard to keep employees involved in ever changing energy landscape in Ontario. Would recommend this company to others.
great people to work with and a generally nice atmosphere. Aside from them foolishly deciding to outsource their IT, it was a good work experience. I would have loved to have stayed there.
Good people,culture,technologies. Good work lofe balance and flexible work hours.Holiday schedule and safety meetings regularly, appreciation for work and achievements and celebration.
If you like to have an exciting roller-coaster ride with unreliable and unpredictable machinery operated by operated by half-witted operators - this is the right place for you. There are certainly exceptions that proves the rule.
Pros
salary and parks
Cons
completely misaligned sr. management and rotten work culture
The environment was very negative and harassment is very obvious. I was discriminated against and Human Resources would not help me even though I had approached them as well as contacting the companies ethics line.
Loyalty to employees is non existent. Many long term people let go to save small amounts of money for a 3/4 of billion sales company per year.? 7th largest Canadian company however employee moral is very low.
i am grateful for my career at Enbridge,you are fully trained to do your job, they set you up for success not failure.
great people made lifelong friends and amazing community outreach programs
Huge volume of work, time sensitive work, collaborative environment but the Management was not very supportive. Moral was very low within the department mainly due to the workforce reductions going on within the company. But overall the systems and processes were very matured and i enjoyed working for Enbridge.
I truly enjoyed working with the management and field personnel. The team were Professional and all worked very well together. I would like to work for Enbridge again on another project in the future.
Good employer, lots of training, opportunities to relocate nationally, good benefits, technical tools that are not always available with smaller organizations.
Worked with some of the best on site. Great opportunities for growth and continuous learning. Role was a contract position and they do not often move people to employee due to the uncertainty of business.