Enbridge Employee Reviews

Overall, not a bad place to work.
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2019
Enbridge is overall not a bad place to work. They pay decent. Management doesn't always make the best decisions in regards to staffing and work volumes. The work environment is fear based, due to many job losses in the recent years/months.
Pros
Decent pay & benefits
Cons
Not open to what people really think. Just say yes and do as you are told.
I loved the work culture at Enbridge
BI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2019
I loved the team and the way things work at Enbridge.
I as part of the Implementation of R12 and had OBIEE and oDI implemented along with it.

After the Implementation was completed supported the system for a while
Wish I could stay!
Senior Business Analyst/Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2019
As a contractor, I was renewed on my contract four times. The people I work with (TIS/SCADA Replacement Project) and the stakeholders are amazing. They treat me like they treat everyone else - there is no difference to them between a contractor and an employee. Our managers live what they preach - sending us home on bad days to ensure our safety. The pay is great - I can't speak to the benefits because that's the one place where contractors don't get but everyone I talk to here thinks highly of them.

Management on our team honestly cares and recognizes people. I've been recognized by our director and he's agreed to be a reference for me.

There's a great culture here, potlucks, pizza, game days, parties.

They work hard, but they reward people.

I'm actively looking for another position (preferably permanent) with Enbridge. Honestly I'd sell my own mother to come back here.
Enbridge provided a positive work environment.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2019
It was a productive and fun workplace. The workload was extremely demanding, and the shift work inflexible. The position did not align with my career growth and goals.
Productive department with many awards
Large volume collections & billing (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON22 April 2019
Working collections call list and setting client payment guidelines.
incoming call for billing/collections.
outbound collections calls.
Maintaining call quality expectations.
Pros
excellent incentive program
Cons
micro management
Enbridge Inc.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 April 2019
This business division does not have the future within the company that it once did. A very small but dedicated team supporting this division, and likely limited opportunities within that team at this time.
Enbridge Inc
Environmental (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2019
The best part of working with this company is the people; professional, team-oriented, and willing to work towards common goals and objectives.

The workplace culture has shifted over the years; some of which is driven by the current economy. Besides managing the day-to-day workload, all levels of support are also managing rapid change due to the economy and recent acquisitions.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2019
- Every person may have a different experience. I had good times and bad times.
- Possibility to work in different areas and to relocate within North America.
Operations Supervisor McMahon Gas Plant (Former Employee) –  Taylor, BC27 March 2019
Unionized work environment my be difficult to adjust to. Things do not move fast due to this. Fair salary and benefits. Lots of good people in the organization.
Good working environment
Sr. Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2019
Good working environment.
A leading company in North america. Good environment however less work load due to low oil prices.
Over all a good place to work.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
less work due to low oil prices
productive great safety culture
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Richardson, SK4 March 2019
they are very environmentally conscious. very safety orrentated. great understanding of the work cultures of getting things completed in a safe maner . a great open door policy .
Productive and very nice place to work
CWR Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2019
Great working environment with focus on staff training and work-life balance. Good place for someone interest honing their professional skills and develop a better understanding of the pipeline industry.
Pros
Great working experience
Cons
wonderful and knowledgeable team members
Poor Morals and Strong Nepotism
Utilities (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 February 2019
The worker attitude is horrible. Yes the pay is good and you have alot of time off, but due to the constant threat of layoffs and poor moral from self entitled employees, you are stressed and miserable all the time. I would not recommend working here. I have worked many places before working at Enbridge and Enbridge takes the cake by far for the most twisted and screwed up places to work. I was glad to finally leave and I don't look back. Any job is better than a job in this company. This place is full of nepotism. Can I say that again? FULL OF NEPOTISM. If you a great worker but are not friends with the right person, you will be disliked. Most people who work here are incompitent and do a horrible job but they kiss the right persons butt. Hence why they have so many leaks and spills. If an agency came in and done a survey on who is related/close friends with management, they would see that 80% of people only got in Enbridge because of that and not because of their credentials. Then once those ones are in, it becomes of battle of who can kiss the most butt and backstab the other person. Don't be blinded by the pay. Money doesn't buy happiness.
Pros
Benefits, Time Off, Salary
Cons
Workplace Moral, Incompetent Managment, Constant Layoffs, Nepotism, Backstabbing
good place to work
utility fitter (Former Employee) –  North Cental district, Richmond Hill3 February 2019
service fitter for 42 years,great place to work,really enjoyed meeting my customers and helping them meet their goals,hardly any recognition for doing a good job, lots of incentives for safe driving,perfect attendance disappeared,25 year club,felt great pride in being a member,cut to save money-big loss to me, company would spend on feel good initiatives freely but cheaped out with employees,stopped giving food cards at Christmas,said money donated to a charity( like in Seinfeld) Layoffs happened with no planning,felt they spinned a wheel and threw darts to choose
Pros
on the road all day meeting people
Cons
none for me
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2019
I was a consultant for Enbridge. I cannot comment on the work life balance, management, salary/benefits, job security/advancement or job culture, although I did enjoy my time there.
Great culture and Respect for all.
Production Services and Backup Recovery Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 January 2019
Team leaders and management very supportive in daily tasks and helping you reach your goals.

Social activities are prevalent and employees rewarded with lunches, annual Christmas party and other like events throughout the year.
Pros
Discounted Cafeteria.
Cons
Some positions require shift work.
Dynamic workplace where the rewards matched the demands of the job.
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER, LEAD (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2019
Policies, programs and perks are first rate. Leadership development has lagged in recent years. Executive and Senior leadership is somewhat oblivious to the everyday reality of the impacts of their decisions. There is no real focus on the development of talent so unfortunately, good people leave far too frequently. There is a deep culture of "who you know" instead of "what you can do". That said, there is a lot to learn and its a great training ground for those who are not afraid to work hard.
Pros
total rewards package has few equals in the industry
Cons
career development is a tough go
Awful company culture
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2018
Enbridge culture is truly awful - years of layoffs and thousands of jobs lost and very little leadership to help employees through this or help staff focus on an "end game"... few employes (if any) would be able to explain what the point of the endless restructuring is. Very profitable company, but employees feel like a liability and easily disposable. High performers are jumping ship, with high voluntary turnover in some offices. Leaders only communicate in a very scripted way, and while Corporate can churn out endless programs, initiatives, and hashtags to try to improve the culture, they've missed the obvious - that people just want to be talked to and treated like humans, respected and valued.
Pros
Recognition for experience at other companies counts for vacation time seniority
Cons
Horrible company culture, poor leadership at the top, poor communication, inauthenticity, everything is scripted
Fine place
Cost Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 December 2018
Fine place to work. Nice people to work with. i don't want to write anything more about them because this is unnecessary for me finding a job. thank you and goodbye
Fantastic Place to Work
System Analyst & Design Analysis (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 December 2018
This is an truly incredible company, fantastic people and management. Everyone is supportive and respectful. I cannot speak highly enough of this company.
Pros
My co-workers are beyond amazing.
Cons
Hard to advance and achieve full-time employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.