Enbridge Employee Reviews

Analyst
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2018
Enbridge used to be a fantastic place to work for, but since the Spectra acquisition, they care more about their bottom line than they do their employees. Their work/life balance is hit or miss, depending on who you work for. Some floors, such as the Corporate Floors, talk about it, but don't really demonstrate it. Working hard is fine, doing overtime is fine, but it's expected. They say they don't want it, but because Corporate floors are all about optics, they care.

The Salary is okay, but it's far less than industry. I know other companies where they have employees doing the exact same capacity of work as I do, and they make almost 50% more.

Job Security doesn't exist anymore. There is so much uncertainty, you never know if you're going to stay or go. If you do get let go, you are done so very respectfully.

Management is hard to trust. I wonder how certain Directors got the job they have, making sexually inappropriate comments and not really caring for the Enbridge value of respect that exists. For some Directors, it's all about who they love, and if you don't fit their mold, you won't last. If Al Monaco heard the comments made by certain Directors, he would be out the door. But there is a strong impression that HR does not care for the employees and would rather save a Director than make the harassed employee feel comfortable. And because people are afraid for the jobs, they won't go and report everything they should. The work environment is NOT safe.

Culture sucks. Maybe it depends on the floor you work on, but it's not the same throughout
  more... the company. If you don't feel safe going to work, its definitely not the best place to be.  less
Pros
Great place to work if you are with the right crew
Cons
Managers don't care as much as they claim all the time.
Not a great place to work anymore.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2018
Constant threat of down-sizing (while the top 10 increase their bonuses) makes this a stressful (toxic) environment. Current CEO is an accountant and bean-counting is his specialty - not a great place to work.
Pros
great people
Cons
short-sighted management; insecurity; stressed staff
Positive
Manager Engineering and Construction (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
Strong system and processes to facilitate people to do their jobs. some politics in upper management. experience resources across the organization and lots of growth potential
Was a great place to work, but the culture has changed
IT Disaster Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
So many changes to management over the past few years has left a culture of uncertainty and constant change. Frequent reorganizations make it difficult to have consistency in direction of day-to-day tasks.
Pros
The people who are in the trenches along with you
Cons
Leadership - constantly changing
Great Company To Work With
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC3 February 2018
Enbridge is a great company. Management is still trying to finalize the shape of company after merger with Spectra. Compensation package is not very competitive
Decent place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2018
Pretty good corporate culture that cares about employees. Can have some difficulty with organization in management, but for the most part there are various opportunities to advance, good benefits and pay as well.
Great company with great employees
Environmental Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 January 2018
Very good at following regulations. Very busy and very rewarding employment, Very good company on safety policies. Great work environment if you enjoy being very busy & moving around lots
too many reviews to submit
MANAGER - Information Technology Support Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
I see no reason for me to fill out all these company reviews. It has been quite some time since I have worked at the company. For that reason, I will fill in meaningless information.
Not for me anymore
None (Former Employee) –  Calgary21 January 2018
All management cares about is the bottom line. And if a manager does not like you, it will not matter how effective you are at your job. If you like brown-nosing, this is for you.
Pros
Money
Poor leadership & Management
Planning Advisory (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 January 2018
This review based on my experience at Enbridge Gas. I was unlucky to work with one of the worst managers and hence i had a bad experience. I believe that Enbridge should be a good place to work but any company can be either fantastic or bad place based on your manager leading style.
In my situation, i was struggling as my manager has no appreciating to work/life balance and he didn't care that i was spending 2 hrs commuting (one way). he made it hard for me to feel welcomed as he kept mentioning that he prefers working early and that he would like to see me in the office earlier than 9 am.
Also, as we didn't get a long he avoided talking to me as well as i was no more part of the team discussion unless it was a pre-scheduled meeting.
It was my worst year working at Enbridge gas and i now since i joined different company with much better leadership i can feel the difference and i wouldn't recommend EGD for anyone looking for an enjoyable work place.
Pros
Big Company, Average salary, Good education support after 10 years service
Cons
Wrong people as leaders, job instability, limited growth, poor life / work balance.
Best employer
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2018
Great management team with fantastic coworkers. Multiple opportunities to advance as well as opportunities for learning (personal and career wise). Work/life balance is greatly emphasized.
Very productive. A dream place to work
Sales and Customer Service consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
Very productive and outstanding atmosphere to work in this Company. Very friendly culture. Management is very cooperative. A place to lean a lot to accomplish your goals.
Pros
occationally
Unfortunate Company
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2017
At this moment in time this company is a terrible place to work. I don't know how it used to be in the boom times or any other time but as of now it has reduced itself to a combination of poor to non-existent management and little to no organizational structure. Somehow these guys still churn a profit but I think its a fraction of what it could be and its most likely because they have given staff 3 pay cuts in the last year alone. there are layers upon layers of mgmt. that most employees don't even know about and speaking of employees, we are almost one year after the merger w/ Spectra and we still have no clue wtf we are supposed to be doing on a daily basis! Everyone makes it up as they go along due to the lack of leadership because managers are too busy at each others throats most of the time. if you have a choice, save yourself the grief and stay away from this company altogether.
Pros
Pay on time LOL
Cons
Selfish mgmt
Best Work Environment and Culture in Canada
Strategic Buyer (Current Employee) –  North York, ON14 December 2017
Canada's 4th largest infrastructure company with 4500 employees in Toronto only. Standards Day Off and Annual Bonus and benefits are outstanding.

Flexible working hours and friendly environment
Pros
Enshape Exercise Centre
Cons
Merger and Acquisition
Great field management teams
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Integrity Digs - AB, SK, MB, ON and PQ12 December 2017
The overall structure of the company is lacking in the upper management area. The field management teams are experienced and do what it takes to get the job done, which can be a challenge to my profession.
Good Pipeline Company
Project Specialist, PMO (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2017
A good company with a lot of very good people. Current environment is in a state of constant change. There has been an atmosphere of change over the last 3 years.
Great company
Field Sr. Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2017
Enbridge is a great company to work for. Safety culture and practices was the #1 focus. The company provided the opportunity for anyone to advance their knowledge by providing online courses and training.
Extensive Microsoft Excel experience
IT Development Specialist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
Using the pivot table with slicer, and graph chart for reporting. Identifying data mapping, supporting business analytic requirements and creating reports.

And enjoying working with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) for creating the reports from SQL servers.
Pros
Excellent trainings, independent work
Cons
Stress, project deadlines
great company to work
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2017
"Reasonable for hours of work (aka work/life balance)"
"very conservative work culture, work life balance gets tough as you move up" Great Management
Great company
Records Analyst in Legal (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
While I was there a number of improvements were made to the information governance that greatly improved the accessibility of information for the people who needed it.

I enjoyed the people I worked with, all good sincere people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.