Enbridge Employee Reviews

Horrible management. Horrible team spirit. Watch yourself.
Work Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2018
Over the years I’ve been working here I’ve been seeing the team spirit and employee satisfaction go down. Christmas parties removed. No more team engaging activities. No encouraging team leads. Poor management and job advancement.

The only thing that is good is the money and the benefits are OK. Could be better for union employees. After a while you get tired of the money and your happiness goes down the drain. I’ve spoken to many senior staff over the years and they have been there for so long because they have settled basically. There is no challenge in the work you do and there is a lot of criticism. The TEAM spirit is simply not there. You have to watch yourself at every turn. You have to make sure you note everything down in case something happens and you can prove it was not of your doing. This job has made me a follower and no longer a leader. I shy in my corner because of fear of retaliation. Little things
Pros
Salary, children’s party, staff lunches
Cons
Low team spirit, bad management, poor leadership
Great Company - Fun to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 December 2018
Enbridge is gas utilities provide natural gas to about 2 million customers primarily in Ontario. Great place to work, friendly environment. lot of technologies under one roof.
Toxic Group, watch your back!!
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2018
They are all out for themselves and don’t care who they stab in the back. As long as they look good they don’t care what they do to others! They are evil people!

The so called “Team Lead” has no leadership skills what so ever! He has no clue what our role as a Document Controller is. He is also the biggest hypocrite of them all.

For a well known company there are no written and approved procedures, you fly by the seat of your pants everyday.

I would never recommend working with this Document Control group until they are all replaced especially the Team Lead. They are awful people and you know who you are!
Pros
Cons
Toxic Group Environment, Contract positions only in the DC group, no room for growth no matter how hard you work!
Excellent benefits
AP Scan Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2018
If you became a full-time permanent, Enbridge has a great benefits for you and your family. Also, the company has great deal of Life and work balance as well.
Pros
Scheduled Day Off once a month
Cons
N/a
An alright place to work but limited growth opertunities
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2018
Has been a good place to work as I have learned lots about the industry. Have a great supervisor so work-life balance has been great. Unfortunately with all the resent restructuring there is very limited job growth potential within this organization. When I first joined the culture was very pro-employee development and pro-employee retention. This is no longer the case. Employees are just numbers now.
Compensation, they pay alright but not great for the industry. Pay within the company is very inconsistent which can be frustrating.
Pros
Depending on the manager, great work-life balance
Cons
Low job security, limited growth potential
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 November 2018
I worked for Consumers Gas for many years, it was a great environment, the pay was good and so were the benefits. Management was great, and I enjoyed my job. Unfortunately, they began downsizing and things started to change. Job security was no longer there, and many people left.
Pros
Great culture
Good experience
Senior Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2018
Enbridge was a good place to work, great people, great safety culture, Daily meetings, the hardest part of the job was educating people on processes. I enjoyed helping people to understand work processes, and working on a continuous improvement ideal.
Pros
People
Cons
People
Utility
Governance and Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2018
Utility in Toronto that distributes natural gas to 2.1 million customers.
Good work/life balance.
Flexible work arrangements can be made.
Risk adverse.
Good Exp
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, NB9 November 2018
My bosses were always great fed into my potential and pushed me to new heights . It took me a while to get into working wit people who didn't share my ideals but at the end of the day it was fun and productive .
Pros
Projects
Cons
Red Tape
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2018
Good company to work for overall. downsizing is one of its cons. Work environment is generally healthy however there are some workers who are not happy with recent company organizational changes.
Awesome workplace, but quailty has decreased
Pipeline/project Engineer - Major Projects (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta2 November 2018
Working at Enbridge initially was a dream. The company cared for its employees and pushed them to be better. Now its the exact opposite. opportunities for advancement are also minimal and acknowledgment of good work is few and far between.
Work Enviroment
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Canada28 October 2018
The work environment is very toxic. Frontline leaders and directors are making damaging staffing decisions. Many solid employee have been and are continuing to be exited based on "fit" vs. skill, experience, education, and performance. This is not the case for all areas of the organization, but will continue to impact the company for years to come.
Great place to be at !
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2018
Excellent team environment, attractive benefits, good team of leaders and management. Flex floaters day off, downtown location, work life balance, social people.
Corporate focus
Project Engineer/Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Engineering offices22 October 2018
Big company that understands their core business it was challenging to develop non core capital projects that could prove as successful. Good place to work
Pros
Diverse project portfolio
Cons
Big Machine to operate
Good inovative and dedicated people
System Architect/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Great team to work with in a an employee focused work environment.
Enbridge is moving incrementally towards developing a network to support their IOT needs. Enbridge has a unique structure to develop their safety, security and telemetry requirements further. Gas distribution and telecom will merge going forward.
Hard working company with lots of great talent
Manager Capital Maintenance and Pipeline (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2018
Great company that has consistent leadership messaging and strong values of safety, integrity and respect.

Company is currently undergoing downsizing.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Downsizing
Vipers Nest of nasty people
Senior Administrative Assistant (Assistant IV) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2018
Watch your back. Colleagues are out for themselves and do not care who they knife in the back. Management leads by example.
I would never recommend it as a meaningful workplace.

The more efficient you are the more work they give you and when things start to fall through the cracks, they won't listen or help you.

I survived 6 years before 8 people stabbed me in the back. All of the work, the stepping up and supporting the team meant absolutely nothing. Neither did the truth.

I do not recommend this as a good employer and never will again.
Pros
money was good but it wasn't worth it
A great place to gain valuable experience
Pipeline Integrity Engineer/Subject Matter Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2018
Being the largest oil transmission network in North America, you cannot beat the level of experience you gain working in the field of integrity management.
Excellent work life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
Lots of time off.
Not much of a work culture/team atmosphere in area of the business I work in, though many other groups seem have it..
Work not overly challenging but well rewarded. Very limited opportunities to advance career due to corporate structure and lack of direction.
Loved it
Senior ITSM Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 August 2018
Management listened to concerns/ideas. Had one paid day off every month and work from home wasn't a policy but management was opened to it. People work collaboratively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.