Enbridge Employee Reviews

great company to work
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2017
"Reasonable for hours of work (aka work/life balance)"
"very conservative work culture, work life balance gets tough as you move up" Great Management
Great company
Records Analyst in Legal (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
While I was there a number of improvements were made to the information governance that greatly improved the accessibility of information for the people who needed it.

I enjoyed the people I worked with, all good sincere people.
A political minefield during slower economy, lots of micro managers
Test Lead/Tester (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
I was brought in on an interesting project and had the opportunity to work with lots of excellent people, however, this seemed to be a culture where there were a higher than average number of opportunists who felt the demeaning colleagues in front of leadership or peers was the best way to advance. This lead to micro management, poor work life balance and somewhat cut throat business practices within projects. Quite unfortunate as the offices were nice and opportunities were exciting and there was a lot of talent in their work teams, but many, many very stressed out people.
Pros
nice office space and opportunities, great customers
Cons
extremely long hours, travel
Team Building
Project Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 October 2017
Team Building were great, to get to work and interact with others .
In the Office the folks were very helpful and great to work with.
We interacted with the field operations and the producers which made the company grow.
Great Company
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 October 2017
Extremely good company to work for, very family oriented, would love to work with them again. learned so much in a short period of time. There was never a dull moment
Pros
no bus, had company truck
Great place
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray13 October 2017
Lots of employee participation. Pot luck lunches, barbecues, every birthday gets a cake. Good management, very safe culture. Place is kept clean. Excellence is expected.
In transition
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
The company has been in transition for some time lately. Particularly the common shared services. These have been a challenge in keeping people motivated with large changes in the last 4 years, continual outsourcing and layoff.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Continuous change with reduction in level of service internally
overall good experience to work in this company
Financial Analyst, Liquid Pipelines (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 September 2017
good place to work
friendly environment
good work life balance
flexible time and hours provision
good health and safety process
good aboriginal program in place.
Ok
Backup Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2017
With the ongoing changes in the work environment there is no longer any job security for certain departments. Prior to the changes for globalization it was an exemplary place to work at. Good work/life balance, good salary with great benefits. Management was typical for a large Enterprise environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Atmosphere has changed, now globalization and centralization, i.e. outsourcing
Great company. Great people
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
I always received support for educational advancement and had a relatively healthy work life balance. The talented workforce was always a breath of fresh air and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
volunteerism, people, compensation, advancement, education
Cons
political, job security

Want to know more about Enbridge?

Ask a question
Good atmosphere
Finance Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC11 September 2017
Good workplace atmosphere. Great hours. Some situations could have been dealt with more professionally by management. Very poor communication between management and employees.
Good salary
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2017
Good salary, but large and complex organization to work in with lots of levels to navigate. Lots of layoffs lately due to the economy, and job security is very low.
Professional work environment, great atmosphere
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
I opened Reception at Enbridge front desk. Directly dealing with 80 + clients and phone calls a day. Directing the clientele to the proper personal upon arrival. Implemented security data management daily including dealing with access cards.

I learnt strong, professional communication skills. Dealing with clients in a high volume area made me learn how to multi task. Management gave me all the training guidelines to succeed and run the business smoothly.

Being the face of Enbridge when you walk through the door was the most important role. I set the vibe of the room and especially the client when they come through the door. I represented the core values of what Enbridge falls by.
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
not enough pay
Amazing
Current a Summer Student at Athabasca Facility (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 August 2017
Enbridge provides and work environment where everyone is welcome. They have your goals in mind they want you to grow with their company. Everyone is family within Enbridge
Enbridge Pipelines
Contract Editor, Engineering Documentation (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
As a telecommuting contract editor, it is really not possible for me to provide a perceptive evaluation of this company. However, I can say that they did not live up to their commitment to me in terms of number of hours.
Change Management - IT way
I.T. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2017
a contract job that serves to roll out email management by Endbridge staff.
Learned about the lack of professional ethics with respect to the emails staff store in their desktop computer hard drives.
Was able to see how the company functions from one department to another - disjointed disunited and disloyal
Pros
easy work weeks
Cons
having to walk long distance within downtown Edmonton from one building to another
Good
Compensation Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
Large Company
good compensation and benefits
Training
Community Service
Structured systems
new HRIS
Strong financials and good run up of stock price recently
Great company
IT roles (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2017
Enjoyed many years at Enbridge and have only good things to say about the company. Every business has its challenges and Enbridge is no exception. I would return if the restructuring and right fit was available.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Restructuring
Company with a good work culture and safety.
Senior Infrastructure Analyst - IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Company with a good work culture and safety. Been through a lot of technology changes that have developed my design and troubleshooting skills. Most enjoyable part was my team.
Pros
Work/life balance.
Productive Work Place
Program Logistic Coordinator/FCA/Administrator/HSA (Current Employee) –  Alberta Avenue, AB28 July 2017
Enbridge ensures that there is a Productive work place environment. Strong safety, community and team atmosphere. Its great working in a strong team - everyone supports each other to achieve the ultimate success.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Downtown work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.