Enbridge Employee Reviews

Loved working there
Supplier Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2018
A good place to work, challenging projects, technology based, work from home, good work, life balance, dynamic work place, training offered to CWR's, coffee......
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Disorganized at the management level
Downhill fast
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
Years ago Enbridge was THE place to work if you wanted to work for a large company. Excellent compensation, benefits, and a defined benefit pension plan that you rarely see any more.

Aside from compensation, nothing else was particularly great, though. The entire organization is structured so that no one has any power or authority, so nothing really ever changes or gets done. The company operates the same way it has since the '50s, old-fashioned to the point of being comical, with no direction and only their virtual monopoly stopping them from going out of business a dozen time over.

Nowadays, even the compensation isn't very good. The pension has been scaled back and most employees haven't had a raise in years. Lay-offs abound, opportunities for advancement are rare, and morale is so low you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who cares about anything.

Worse, the company has started outsourcing its jobs to India. Seriously - they've already laid off their AP and IT staff and given their jobs away to a foreign country. If you work for Enbridge, you spend your days knowing that management will kick you to the curb the moment they see an opportunity to save a buck by outsourcing your work.

My advice - stay far, far away from this soulless company.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, no opportunity to progress, constant threat of lay-off, low morale, cold and uncaring management, outdated processes, poor corporate culture
Enbridge was once great, now struggling
Specialist, Root Cause Analysis (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab8 April 2018
issues with debt have had Enbridge tightening their purse for the last two years and opportunities for education and promotion have dramatically decreased. Combined with a merger with a similar sized company, there is no continuity in the company from what it was when I started.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Management is powerless, leadership is rudderless
Was a great company to work.
System Analyst Level II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
Was a great company to work. My supervisor was a great leader. The company used to promote employee growth. If you like the Open Concept Office design, you will like it.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2018
Enbridge has a great culture. Great group of people who understand their respective topics very well. I would highly recommend that you work there. People are great.
Overall a great employer to work for
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 March 2018
Great work life balance. Good industry and great benefit. The company has went through merger recently and many restructurings lately. There are some great people leaders.
not pleasant
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2018
very poor
everyone is placed on who you know not what
they preach safety but that's all
very secretive in Fort McMurray and ran with a iron fist
thats about it
Friendly workspace, but didn't do much
Customer Relations Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
I was a summer student and it seemed as if they forgot I could do work, meaning I was sitting around for a lot of the time I was there. There was a full day where I did absolutely nothing.
Other than that, the workplace was friendly and it gave me lots of time to do other things.
Very corporate
Assurance Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
No jean Fridays
Room for growth
Lots of change occurring all the time
Great internal education programs on communication.
Women at Enbridge was a group who helped put on network session
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not flexible
Working as a Contractor at Enbridge
Contracts & Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
I worked at Spectra Energy before it merged with Enbridge in Sept. 2016. The supply chain group is well organized when compared to major upstream O&G companies.
Pros
Excellent rates and well-organized supply chain group.
Cons
Constant restructuring
Great company
Independent Consultant/Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
I was an independent consultant, part of the team implementing Oracle EBS at Enbridge. It was a great environment at Enbridge, and we had a very cordial and a very professional relationship with the client
Enbridge - Great Company
Supervisor Engineering Upstream Facility (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 March 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Enbridge. The work environment was challenging, fun and productive. The opportunities within the company were vast and the company took a good approach to the work/life balance of their employees.
fun and busy office with nice hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 March 2018
Good, extensive training with great pay and incentive and motivation to learn. Ability to advance within the company.
Great lunch room with good food. Restaurants near by.
Pros
good wages and hours
Cons
No jobs available
Work place culture and safety
Sr. Capital Assets Analyst NEB Assets (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2018
At Enbridge, we're all part of one team – one company with one shared set of values: Integrity, Safety and Respect. Our values hold the key to our lasting success, and we rely on our team members across the company to bring these values to life.

One of the ways we demonstrate those values is in how we work together. It’s up to each of us to take the initiative to improve the ways we work – to work collaboratively, with clear accountabilities and the ability to make decisions effectively and free from the constraints of hierarchy – in order to make us a more efficient and effective organization.

Within this section there are many tools and resources to support how we work together, including information on decision effectiveness as well as the new Service Delivery model.
Pros
Paid upgrade courses
Cons
no cons so far
Analyst
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2018
Enbridge used to be a fantastic place to work for, but since the Spectra acquisition, they care more about their bottom line than they do their employees. Their work/life balance is hit or miss, depending on who you work for. Some floors, such as the Corporate Floors, talk about it, but don't really demonstrate it. Working hard is fine, doing overtime is fine, but it's expected. They say they don't want it, but because Corporate floors are all about optics, they care.

The Salary is okay, but it's far less than industry. I know other companies where they have employees doing the exact same capacity of work as I do, and they make almost 50% more.

Job Security doesn't exist anymore. There is so much uncertainty, you never know if you're going to stay or go. If you do get let go, you are done so very respectfully.

Management is hard to trust. I wonder how certain Directors got the job they have, making sexually inappropriate comments and not really caring for the Enbridge value of respect that exists. For some Directors, it's all about who they love, and if you don't fit their mold, you won't last. If Al Monaco heard the comments made by certain Directors, he would be out the door. But there is a strong impression that HR does not care for the employees and would rather save a Director than make the harassed employee feel comfortable. And because people are afraid for the jobs, they won't go and report everything they should. The work environment is NOT safe.

Culture sucks. Maybe it depends on the floor you work on, but it's not the same throughout
  more... the company. If you don't feel safe going to work, its definitely not the best place to be.  less
Pros
Great place to work if you are with the right crew
Cons
Managers don't care as much as they claim all the time.
Not a great place to work anymore.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2018
Constant threat of down-sizing (while the top 10 increase their bonuses) makes this a stressful (toxic) environment. Current CEO is an accountant and bean-counting is his specialty - not a great place to work.
Pros
great people
Cons
short-sighted management; insecurity; stressed staff
temp job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada12 February 2018
Great group of people to work with. Temporary position so not a lot more to say... just trying to get to 150 characters here...

some good some bad like many
Positive
Manager Engineering and Construction (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
Strong system and processes to facilitate people to do their jobs. some politics in upper management. experience resources across the organization and lots of growth potential
Was a great place to work, but the culture has changed
IT Disaster Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
So many changes to management over the past few years has left a culture of uncertainty and constant change. Frequent reorganizations make it difficult to have consistency in direction of day-to-day tasks.
Pros
The people who are in the trenches along with you
Cons
Leadership - constantly changing
Great Company To Work With
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC3 February 2018
Enbridge is a great company. Management is still trying to finalize the shape of company after merger with Spectra. Compensation package is not very competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.