Emterra Environmental Employee Reviews

definitely a learning experience
Front End Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 March 2018
I was hired through a placement agency, that made almost as much hourly as I did for my work. In addition to this, I was relieved of my position after seeking medical attention for an injury that occurred at work.
hated it
Recycling Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 March 2018
horrible work environment .poor management.poor rly thought out work routes.horrible work ours 14 to 16 hours a day. city of sarnia.long gruelling physical labour.poorest drivers i have ever seen.
Good Place to start out
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 February 2018
I really enjoyed working there. I liked the job position, and found the work easy, and fun. I liked all the drivers, and got along well with everyone.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
I worked on a rearside packer collecting curbside garbage and the odd time recycle
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 February 2018
I didn't like it there. I only worked there for one day and it was a little terrible, I was doing stuff I wasn't suppose to and the driver was unpleasant
Was ok
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 January 2018
Management sucks, don’t even let u stuck up for your employees, no grow for advancement, no overtime allowed and it’s all about favouritism, only certain people get ot
Niagara Region
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 January 2018
hand out route sheets daily to drivers
Deal with PD as needed
unionized workers
fast paced environment
managing 100 plus employees
team environment-4 supervisors managing 70+ drivers
Pros
team environment
Cons
Fun people to work with.
CSR/ Logistics (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 December 2017
This place is a good group of people to work with in the Kamloops office. Always up for some good laughs, and a good environment. Every one there are good people.
team work
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 December 2017
working schedules at day and night shifting so busy and lots of things to be done,creative thinking, and cooperates to supervisor and co workers,makes report every end of shifts, what it done..
Pros
lunch with pay
Cons
three times break a day
Continually understaffed
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 November 2017
This company does not pay well and has a hard time attracting quality employees. As a result there are usually several open positions that the other employees are expected to cover. Management are bullies. They guilt you into the extra work and don't show appreciation.
Challenging environment; endless opportunities for learning.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canada4 October 2017
I totally agree with a previous review: if you are there for the company needs, the company will take good care of you.
My personal experience at this company is very good. I would recommend it for work.
I got support to grow personally and professionally. Being here for the last 10 years.
Pros
Good chances to move up.
Cons
Hazardous work environment and unqualified management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 September 2017
A typical day included sorting through our city's recycling, cleaning loading and organizing. Workers in this position typically earned $13, from $10 after a uni0n was brought in, due to some previously unsavory work practices and management. Unfortunately management is still unqualified with workers assigning their own tasks, and operating machines with no prior training or supervision. The job is still extremely hazardous, with workers on the line exposed to needles, sharp glass, soiled laundry, human and animal waste, dangerous construction materials such as asbestos, acids, concrete dust etc, without the proper protective equipment such as water proof gloves or mandatory respirators. Would not recommend working with this company.
Pros
above minimum wage, uni0nised, a few easy positions available.
Cons
Hazardous work environment for most, very unqualified management
Great Company to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 June 2017
I love working at Emterra. I am here for last 7 years and always get appreciated/awarded for my Work. Its always give and take. If company needs you, you have to be there and then company will definitely take care of you whenever needed. Enjoying everything at Emterra.
Pros
Lunches/Barbecues
Cons
Give an take
Private company
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 May 2017
This company is a private company and the owner has all say. The accounting is a mess. The company always hired people has no working experience on the position, so it's hard to train new employee.
long hours,hard work
Driver/Loader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
management doesn't care about employees they only want the work done.On your own til it's all complete,long hours,work in allweather conditions.Job is o.k i guess
Pros
work byyourself
Cons
long hours, low pay
coffee breaks
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 May 2017
Monday to friday was typical workday Weekends where not as bad sometimes 7 days a week around the clock learned more bout what was good for foot wear ,Work as a team.hardest was when you worked alone for few days getting your hours and making lots of over time
Pros
free water
Cons
14 hours
Day At Work
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2017
Not a nice environment. Keep getting popped with Elastic. Supervisor gets uncomfortable when approached questions. But we keep our heads down and get the job done.
Pros
Free Launches
Cons
Getting blame for others mistake
Loved my job there but they were falling apart.
Curbside Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 February 2017
Unorganized workplace
I enjoyed my job at Emterra, but they are completely unorganized and we, as employees, never knew whether we were coming or goin. Many accidents as well but made some very valuable friends..
Pros
Paid for meals, good pay, awesome friends and loved the workout
Cons
Long hours, lacking communication with managers, let go for reasons beyond my control (medical)
If your not from a staffing agency all of this is worthless
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 February 2017
I would congratulate the business on having a good atmosphere though the office is separate from the field work that the pitchmen and drivers are accustomed to. The CSR staff are highly engaging and are very often undervalued from anyone outside of the St.Catharines location. Tensions with the public are a constant part of the municipal agreement and usually are the talk of the day.
The shining light in the distance for most would be the casual dress code. Free movement when a position becomes available is completely allowed from my current understanding.
Pros
Great culture, Casual dress
Garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection.
Truck driver helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
This is a fast paced job with a lot of heavy lifting and overtime. This job will take you all over the city, to every neighborhood.
constructive work place
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  1122 Pioneer Rd,Burlington,ON L7M1K412 August 2016
Learned technical skills how to use different tools.The management and co-workers are very co-operative and helpful.Change the heavy machinery during any breakdown is challenging but troubleshooting is the most interesting part of this job
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
work load during faults