Empire Roofing Corporation

Empire Roofing Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Great working place and a lot opportunities with alot fast energy ad a great working team in touch and out of town and good learning place for those who wanna learn,
This company is a prime example that if you keep it in the family you’ll succeed. Everyone from the daily cleaners to management are internally hired within one specific family. On top of the clear favouritism at play, Management brings their children in to run around, scream and make it impossible to complete tasks.

I was with the company for a month a few months at most and felt like I was in a sinking ship, suffocating from the tense office culture that is created by the negative attitudes of the Toronto Management VS the Windsor Staff. Sure there’s place for friendly competition or stressful work environments, but when you don’t have daily support from those you think you can trust it makes you hate walking into work.

Lastly it’s a comedy routine, smashing glass for good luck, inappropriate comments made by Management towards staff’s appearance and clothing, and the incense that is burning daily makes the work day incredibly unbearable.

Pros
Cons
Many
Waste of time .. looks good for a month then you def hate your life ..pay low .work is very unsafe .you can get fired and hired then next so you don’t get benefits that easy
These people hired me and I worked a week, then they didn't call me with my schedule. They kept saying there was no work, but all my friends kept getting hours. I asked why I wasn't and they claimed that I just wasn't right for "this job". Foremen are dumb as a brick, unsafe working conditions, no tie offs, I was a roofer for years with other companies and the disrespect I felt here is the worst in the city
Excellent environment to develop and grow a career, many employee advantages.Everyday is different depending on the project, but there are always good opportunities to learn and room to grow. Hard working and skilled roofers to work with.

The environment is friendly, people spend their time in getting things done as a team, When suggesting different ways of doing things, suggestions are considered in a respectful way.We plan our work and get it done.

Good Mentoring from sales Manager and other sales Persons.

Management and Co Workers are very friendly.

ALL the Women working in the office are hard working , talented and one of company's biggest strength.

If you have passion to learn and the commitment to put in the effort Empire is the place to be.
Empire Roofing is a great company to work for. The environment can be a bit stressful but the CEO and CFO give back as much as they expect you to put forth. We have employee lunches at least once a month, celebrate employee birthdays and most major holidays. They are always supportive of those with families especially when dealing with a sick child or an issue at home.
Company is structured strong. Room to advance, is based on the individual themselves. Many pros and cons to the job. Alot of travel work. Ideal for young individuals, with young or small families. Overall good employer. Things didnt work out.
Pros
Pay with experience
Cons
Travel, weather conditions
Been working at Empire Roofing for years and have always had the opportunity given to me to advance and grow as an employee.

Empire Roofing provides growth, training and job securement.

The company is growing and always encouraging its employees and there to support them with their goals.

They take safety very serious! You really feel like they care about their employees and their safety.
Pros
growth, stability, job securement
Was injured on the job in Toronto and and the Forman refused to take me to a clinic and made me work the rest of the day. Had to sneak out of my hotel room and take a taxi to have my hand checked out.
This company rifles through employees like no other. Make sure you have a work agreement signed with iron clad expectations.
Interview the company and review what questions you should ask before taking a role. Also, make sure you ask others who worked there why they left. Better to be safe than sorry.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
not very good foremans i dont like the way they treated me when iwas there. they suspended me out out six poeple i felt i was getting singled out so i quit to seek my heavy equipmen certificates.
Too many empty promises, long hours, too much yelling, expect miracles. Financial Controller was very rude. Nepotism very strong in the office. Toxic.
Pros
Cons
Long hours very little pay
Cleaning, cooking, shopping, organizing, task required or special request, ironing and laundry, I did what ever was I could to make this home look picture perfect, colour coordinated 150 or more ties polished shoes, shirt were ironed and hung according to style and colour. cleaned windows and chandeliers .
Pros
they paid me well
Cons
Dealing with the office Financial Controller.
Worked there six months. Push crews too hard.
Little or no quality control. When you finally sell a job you'll spend most of your time making excuses to building owner for poor workmanship.
Pros
Cons
Owners expect miracles. Make empty promises of bonus then use every trick to cheat you.
learned how to make cuts and mark measurements, learned to install steel panels, over time wasnt so good. crew was really well going, i got along with them really well.
Pros
good crew, helpful, great hands on experience.
Cons
over time isnt great, long hours some days.
Empire Roofing Corporation has become one of the biggest roofing companies in Southwestern Ontario. Customers such as Rona, RioCan and Caesars Windsors were serviced by Empire Roofing. It is a fact-paced atmosphere fitting for employees who are eager to learn and improve their skills.
I interact with customers on an hourly basis. Problem solving. Very busy workplace. Managing accounts and making sure everything is up to date. We have 3 different locations therefore there is no shortage of work.
Pros
Friendly enviromnent
Cons
long hours and managing 3 different locations
my day started at 6:00 am.There is no typical day in roofing. Learned all aspects of slope roofing,site safety and materials received and removed. Loved my boss he was always there when needed.As a foreman\supervisor I can't really have co-workers,only workers.Hardest part of day was getting workers up to task(morning excuses or not answering phone thereby altering daily plan). A job well done is always the best part, if the home-owner is happy the Big boss is happy.
Pros
my own hours
Cons
hiring/firing friends
Hard rewarding work with alot of team players, learned many roof related tricks of the trade
Pros
break when need as not over work yourself
Cons
hours were very long but worth it