Empire Life

Empire Life Management reviews

Canada32 reviews
ts very productive and fun workplace. i like environment its very positive motivating and fun. i like management there they are good people.I would love to see them growing. Its great place to work. I highly recommend working there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Management was extremely supportive and training was very helpful.
The nature of the job was difficult and not made for everyone but if you are patient and handle stress well you can make it . I recommend this company to anyone looking for stability and a good work life balance .
The job in itself is pretty simple and very doable. Doing my job and completing my tasks was actually the easy part of being in that office.
Your problem will be with management and their lack of logical reasoning and common sense. The supervisor is a complete idiot who has no clue about the products and procedures. There is favouritism in the Kingston office. And they expect you to be a yes man with no opinion of your own. There aren't many advancements opportunities as they are all given to the people in Kingston over the Montreal office.
An old company striving for new modern advances into digital and cloud systems.
Relatively new management with an eye to the future of the company.
Good internal culture.
Sitting down for long periods of time, stressful, no gratitude, not professional. High turnover in customer service, like a revolving door.
People working there are not complemented and supported by managers. Lack of support.
Pros
People
Cons
Stressful
Great place to work.
Management did not micro manage
Friendly co-workers
Head Office in nice location by the water.

The team I worked with was very self sufficient.
Pros
Onsite coffee shop
Cons
No parking on site
I was recruited by a head hunter, and left a big bank to work for them, because the money was good. They lacked decent product offerings for the broker-dealer channel on wealth management. They did not provide training until a year after the job. Constant turnover. Biggest waste of my time.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
growth and opportunity are available but the claims department was a very toxic environment, lots of cliques and unfairness, your not allowed to talk to anyone at all
I had a great time working for Empire life while I was still attending university. They allowed me to extend my summer position and work from home during the school year. I was given responsibility and was rewarded for my hard work. Management was very considerate and I learned a lot.
Older mentality. Lots of turn overs. Not many chances of getting in full time and benefits. Poor mentality toward contract employees. Poor attitude from older staff...
Pros
m-f
Cons
Mostly contract
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Empire Life?
Contract after contract and no one went to bat for us. Top performers were some of the temps and contracts, but they never got any company perks or benefits. The salary is low for the amount of responsibility. It's always a blame game and the gossip is cancerous.
Pros
It's downtown
Cons
It's downtown, parking is $100+/mth
Working at Empire Life is fantastic. The management is great, the people are great, and the hours are great. The work/life balance is excellent, which as nice as a working mom.
Pros
excellent advancement, good hours, paid benefits, paid vacation
Cons
can be stressful at times
It was always a busy day which I enjoy. I have learned so many things with Empire Life. The management was excellent. My co-workers were good and friendly. The hardest part of the job is when it was not busy, because when Im not busy I feel like I did not accomplish something for that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with clients, because, I enjoy people.