Empire Drywall

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and great people to work with

This is a great company to work for. The people are great and are willing to help. They have good values and there is a good work/life balance. Benefits are pretty good. They do try once a month to either go out for lunch or bring it in. They have fun employee events like axe throwing and have bbq lunches in the summer. If not for covid, would probably still be there.

Pros

Free lunches and keep kitchen stocked with items.

Cons

Covid

Not a great office environment

Management sucks they do not care how long you have been with the company as a matter of fact they will try to get rid of people that have been with the company the longest so that they can hire new people at a lower wage.

Pros

nothing

Cons

poor training

Good place to learn a trade

I enjoyed working for Empire drywall.i worked part of a crew that was easy to work with and thought me many things. especially my mentor G this not guaranteed because the limited interactions I had with other crews came off as complete a holes.you need your own toolsi found work to be at a good steady pace but not rushed overall this has been my favorite job i've ever had unfortunately i lost it to ending up in the hospital D

Pros

good pay chance of advancement

Cons

you need your own tools

I was an IPAC cleaner and general laborer for this company. I liked my team mates and meet a lot of great people.

This was a good job for good pay but was grossly unorganized! The supervisor of labourers was friendly enough, but so scattered that it made the job very frustrating.

Pros

reasonable pay

Cons

Unorganized

Don't waste your time!

At Empire drywall it's all about the office staff, they will happily kick anyone to the curb. Especially if you do quality work! Never stand up for yourself here if you wanna keep working for your pennies. Right Doug? Definitely won't be missed...

Was fun place to learn new skills

Okay place to receive work from. Don’t have anything bad to say about them. Nice office building. Polite employees inside office and out of office. Lots of work to go around.

Great place to work for, learned a lot with this company over the years. Drywall taping is what I am good at and it's all thanks to Empire drywall for giving me the experience.

Productive work place

all my co-workers are nice and we help each other out. We also have fun while working. The job requires a lot of physical work. We carry metal and other construction materials from floor to floor

good small feel large workplace.

Good company to work for, upper and middle management are great, communication and direction are excellent. staff appreciation BBq's good work life balance

Good place to work ... if you put in an honest days work the management pays you fair and treats you fair

Excellent place to work if you actually work.... if your a slacker you won’t like it ... management is good and fair ( again if your a good worker) planning isn’t perfect but no one is perfect there’s glitches but as a professional you should be able to deal with it ...

Pros

Good wages nice management

Cons

No RRSP opportunities

typical construction

Made me work as a sub contractor and allowed others to work as employees....guess it depends on who you are, they play favorites. After I paid my own taxes it brought my wage down quite a bit, not worth the hard work and long hours. Bringing in people from wherever they can to get the jobs done. Management is reactive, not proactive. Its always after something happens that they do something about it. Some workers go hard all day, others do time burns and never get told to do much.Younger lead hands don't know when to keep quiet about private and personel HR . No benefits you will be wasting your time.

Pros

they pay on time

Cons

make you subcontract, brings your wage down after your done paying your own taxes

Empire

Good place to work always has been always will be the atmosphere the employees that work there are all very accommodating friendly and professional I would definitely work there again

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

Work slows down you have no work

Toxic Culture - everyone is on the chopping block

Empire Drywall used to be a fantastic company to work for. With the introduction of some new management and new ownership, the moral is tanked and there is no accountability.This new ownership/management does not care about it’s staff or trade partners. Empire is quickly getting the reputation for the worst Drywall company in Edmonton.

Pros

Past Reputation

Cons

The best drywall company ever!!!

If you ever have an opportunity to work for Empire, DO IT! Perform your skill at a top level of professionalism with a focus on delivering a customer product and you'll have a long and prosperous career.

Pros

The company

great place to work

owners of company were great to work for also to deal with would start around 630 am finish around 500pm put in lots of hours hardest part of job would be builders changing dates to start projects after I had set everything up to start on particular day material and labour

Pros

co. let me do as i wanted

Cons

laid off shortage of work

Enjoyable and fun

I enjoyed my time at Empire and would gladly recommend the company to any job seekers. people are fantastic work is hard but rewarding.

great company to work for

good company wish they would have gave me more heads up when it slowed down but overall great company good staff and really smooth operation

no comment

busy fast pace environment work under lots of pressure, company expects lots of over time but wont pay out for it as they pay you in salary and not hourly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Drywall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8