EMPIRE COMMUNITIES

EMPIRE COMMUNITIES Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Collaborative, fun and fast-paced
Working at Empire was my first true "corporate" job, and it took a while to get used to this type of environment, coming from mostly unstructured, HR-less organizations. I was immediately impressed with the amount of opportunities available for professional development and advancement, especially for the young leaders in the company. Salary is competitive, benefits are good and the annual review process ensures you and your department have the chance to create and hit goals every year to receive a bonus. Although sometimes things get stressful, the most thought-out and organized plans change on a dime and the work piles up, it is manageable when you are working with a smart and motivated team and have the support and recognition from upper management.
The new home orientation role had little supervision
I was able to work freely with little to no supervision, this allowed me to work efficiently and professionally.
It's a joke
You are disposable unless your a fake or an incompitant idiot it's all about favourites and half the people there are getting paid the big bucks while the assistant does all the work and they get the credit when really they don't know if they are coming or going
Labourer
Hard working fast pace. Good supervisors and employees. Work all year round rain shine snow. The work isn't complicated or extremely hard, but the winter does make it alot harder.
Great organization to work for!
- The Customer Experience/Service organization is a great business unit to work for.
- Senior leadership is engaged and open to suggestions and welcomes ideas.

- Ownership group is engaged and willing to help whenever possible.

- Great team culture and supportive environment.

- Competitive compensation and benefits.

- Management provides opportunity to learn for those that are interested.

- Overall excellent environment and company to be a part of.

- Over the last year I have seen a culture shift take place here, and it's been for better!
Productive and informative
- Attending site or head office meeting
- Plan and conduct inspections on site, review and analyse site reports and interact with site staff.

- Give directions to site staff or junior staff in site/head office for gathering various information related to technical or administrative aspect of projects.

- Follow up on various tasks given to junior staff and guiding them to achieving milestones.

- Doing management work related to cost analysis, engineering design study and vetting, work progress, identifying work related discrepancies and writing reports.

- Conducting meetings with trades, consultants, suppliers and our staff for resolving various technical and cost issues.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
Shortage of technical manpower
Great place if you know the right people.
As with any typical production builder; it’s all about who you know.
The HR department is a joke. Not at all helpful with regards to employee health & safety.

The old school managers are difficult to work with and don’t like new ideas.

It’s not an environment where you feel comfortable being honest without fear if losing your job.
Pros
Co workers, benefits
Cons
Management, Hr
fun place to wrk with a large outside patio
hardest part of the job was dealing with many customer complaints on the phone and in person
many great people except a few people

beautiful office & kitchen
Nice Place to work
Nice Place to work. Gained more experience in;
• Performed month end vendor account reconciliation

• Compiled general ledger entries and prepared AP schedules for audit purpose

• Prepared monthly AP ageing and month on month comparative analysis

• Maintained fixed asset schedule, calculated and recorded monthly depreciation expense

• Perform monthly bank reconciliation as well as other accounting duties assigned by the controller
Former office employee
Empire is a great company had it not been for the heavy workload. While I was employed at Empire, I gave it my all. I worked like an animal. Though the hours were from 8:30 to 5, I put it in 12 hours a day with no extra pay as I was on salary. No one appreciated my work. Managers are not supportive, they don't care. The owners however are very down to earth and very generous. I don't recommend working there mainly because of poor management and heavy workload. There is no life balance.
Pros
Down to earth owners
Cons
Heavy workloads and poor management
small company with mostly great leaders
Unfortunately, my experience was different than most. A temp controller wanted to bring his prior colleagues in and in order to do so had to double cross me and have me eliminated to bring in his guy. It was unfortunate that the good connections I had made were not strong enough to see through this corrupt conduct. Hope they have overcome him by now,
Company has good workplace culture
Had a few summer jobs at this company. All the people I met during my time at Empire Communities were really nice. Work was good but days could be long. This was a few years ago but based on my experience I would recommend this company.
Pros
Celebration Parties, Workplace Culture, Good Pay, and People
Cons
Long days of work
management
didnt agree with upper management they were still stuck in there old ways and would fire anyone who disagreed . They will never grow as a company unless adapt to new innovation and get out of there old ways .
Pros
lots of room to move up
Cons
upper management not open new ideas
Productive and fun workplace
Was a productive and fun environment to work in.
Gained all the necessary experience and knowledge I could and decided it was time to progress and move on.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very reliable, and stable !
Steady hours, and lots of work everywhere
Multiple sites, no layoffs ever

Travel, and company vehicle are provided

Nice people on sites to work with
Pros
Salary, and benefits
Cons
Some outdoor work
Fun workplace ...
Good place to work. I just feel like I need something more.. I love all the people that I work with, and all the residents are great. I just feel like there is something better for me
Intense physical work and constant team work
Typical day would be going into the work site and clocking in, and being sent off to different house to complete my daily tasks given to me by the site supervisor. I learned how to consistently work through difficult situations and environments like extreme heats, rain storms. The hardest part of the job was the hours, it was only from 7:30am to 5:00 pm. The management was organized but often struggled through conditions like weather, and other external forces that affected work.
Great company , lot of opportunities for learning and grow
Great company , lot of opportunities for learning and grow.
Work life balance , excellent management and culture.

Very structured and forward looking.
Employee beware, Do NOT take a job at Empire
They draw you in with an impressive show, nice salary and attractive perks but once the two days at head office are over and you are on site there's No training or support from management. Manipulative cold and absent upper manager. Leave you on your own with no support or direction and then hang you out to dry.

Left a job of 7 years to join the team then in less than two weeks was out of a job because the director of customer service can't do her job and support/train her staff.
Pros
Salary benefits, awesome group of coworkers (tho also frustrated and neglected)
Cons
Lied to, manipulated, horrible building practices.
busy multitasking a must
enjoyed learning experience, worked great co workers,stressful enviornment
Got some good experience
The most enjoyable part of my day was working with all the trades people.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with the harassment from my superiors and getting no training.

The management gave me no support and got rid of me once I tried to let them know of the harassment I was dealing with.