Emily Carr University of Art and Design Employee Reviews

Diverse and challenging work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 March 2018
The people at ECU are very nice and accepting.
The company benefits are the best I've ever seen.
The job itself was very challenging and I learned a lot.
Many changes are happening at this time; the campus just moved from Granville Island to Great Northern Way.
Benefits
Cons
The uncertainty
Probably could be a good place to work, maybe.
NA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2018
Unfortunately I cannot find anything good to say about working here. I cannot be complimentary nor can I be objective without using an expletive.
I would not recommend anyone talented take on contract work as it will not benefit your career.
Pros
Union some people like that.
Cons
Union
Friendly environment and productive workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 March 2017
I work closely with client and provide professional services. Our mentor provide insight advices to help ups move along with the project and give clear directions.
Productive and friendly; process-oriented
Studio Assistant/Student Monitor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 June 2016
The first thing I do is to check my clipboard for the day's list of activities, class and/or event including times, venue and the materials/equipment needed, and the desired/requested set-up. Then I collect everything on the list and deliver to each activity and complete the necessary set-ups. After which, I make a list of items delivered and indicate for pick-up. I do the pick-ups after each activity. Everything needs to be done in a timely manner. Everyday is not completely the same. I need to be ready for last minute changes/requests.

I have learned to prioritized depending on the scheduled time and importance of activity/event, I have done this a lot more effectively and efficiently.

The management and co-workers are friendly, supportive and a tight-knit. Because of their positive feedback and guidance, the work seems easier and less exhausting.

The hardest part of the job is when there are too many activities happening at once and I need ti finish all the set-ups and deliveries before they start. But I seem to finish everything before then and never once been late.

Apart from the positive environment, the best thing about this work is the continuous learning.
Pros
challenging, fun, never a dull day, respecting empoyer/colleagues, continuous learning
Cons
short hours
Work-Life Balance
Accounting Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 October 2015
Working at Emily Carr University of Art and Design gives you the perfect work-life balance that you need. Accompanied with good job experience and benefits, it will surely make your day to day life easier.
Productive and Friendly environment
SHELVER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 July 2014
Flexible hours, excellent work flow, always something to do.
Good environment
Continuing Studies Admission Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver22 January 2014
Good environment to work in. The staff is all very supportive and the day to day job is ever changing.
Extraordinary site to work at.
Security Supervisor / First Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 October 2013
- Everyday is a different and enjoyable learning experience.
- Great team of co-workers
- Most enjoyable part of the job; interacting with the people.
Pros
working hours
Cons
Job is contract, not 'In House'