Emerson
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Emerson Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
the leader of Automation control area in the world
Emerson is a leader of industry automation area in the world. I very like the culture and technical advantage of Emerson. At the same time the people working here is another highlight and many of them are working hard.
Management is petty and unprofessional
You are not rated by what you know but by who you know. The environment is highly political and there us a lot of threat to staff especially with the job situation in Alberta.
Enjoyed my experiences
Was a fast pace enjoyable job. Communication was great.. would have loved to stay on longer. My contract was up. Was able to work all 3 shifts.. enjoyed the continental the most as it allowed more time with my young babies at the time during the week.
Tv in the Lunclhroom ..... some catered lunches for all staff
If you are a skilled tradesmen that likes to complete a job/part from start to finish … this is the place for you. Good training and support from all staff members who work together as a team. This is a company that wants to treat their employees better then other companies!!! Lost my job due to illness but the company gave me every opportunity to recover after my surgery.
Pleasant enough work environment
Work is usually low stress but can get busy at times. Management is pleasant but not always on top of things, which can get frustrating. Straight days.40 hour weeks.
There are some incredibly intelligent people working in the Calgary office.
I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with both in Calgary and other locations.

Emerson is a very well run company and the upper management are very focused on delivering a great product to their customer. While there were a few bumps along the way I think Emerson is a good company to work with.
Pros
Good compensation, good people
Cons
There were a few managers in Calgary who were not great
Great culture and knowledgable employees
I worked through shut down at Emerson in Edmonton. Everyone is helpful and consistantly share their expertise. The days are 10 hour minumum and you can work more if there is work available. Management allows for personal growth and doesn't push an expectation.
Conversations during all hours are common and a positive attitude is encouraged.

Management make attempts to make employees feel valued and promote safety and listen to feedback.

Daily morning weekday meetings and weekly meeting are held to touch base with all workers.

Coffee is unlimited and often various refreshments are offered particularly on hot or heavy workload days.

Equiptment is in good to very good condition and there is a large variety to choose from. Often jobs can be selected within your skillset and most common tooling is available. Specialty items are provided however

It is best to have your own variety of tools and measuring items to avoid search time or the need to improvise.

There are quite a few long term employees however I believe there is also a fairly common turn over as well.

Management openly express concerns with foul language and bad attitudes. Culture is important to them and troublesome employees will not last long in the enviornment.

I enjoyed my time there despite a large amout of repetative jobs. Long term employment may produce a lack of variety however the pay and enviornment help to make up for it.
Pros
Free coffee, great culture, great pay, good machinery, a tool program, great pension plan
Cons
Repetative jobs, a bit light on tooling, uncertain long term employment
productive and fun work place
A typical day at work is fun to consider you're working with your good friends and colleagues and everyday is a learning process of different things in life. The hardest part of the job is working at night shift which we follow the US timezone. and the most enjoyable part of it is when its weekend and we have lots of different activities.
Pros
free unlimited coffee or hot chocolate
Cons
working night shift
Good place to work.
Projects and coworkers are always changing. so you don't get bored doing the same tasks.

They ensure employees have an acceptable work / life balance.

I enjoyed my time working there.
Fun workplace with Table tennis at lunch
Typically the work hours are long.
Able to learn lot about the work & various aspect of project management.

Work culture is very open.

The hardest part of the job is unclear future prospects and sometimes feels like no growth opportunities.
Pros
International exposure
Cons
Long Hours
Company has opportunities to grow
It was my pleasure working with such talented Sales Reps and with Marketing with programs distribution and market research with targeted customers and contractors.
Productive workplace with a good work environment
The management was good, with workdays consisting of 8-hour shifts. A typical work day included specific jobs that needed to get done, working with a specific machine.
My first ever job
The job has taught me a lot of things not only in the business but also in life. You really have to love what you are doing to keep going and that's what I most love in Emerson. I don't feel working. Cause i love what I am doing.
Decent place to work
Canada division is relatively small and is constantly downsizing with little room to advance. The staff is all very nice but most of them have been working there for 10-15 years.
Great company
Great company to work!
The management always empowers and challeges employees to work well. Loved the culture of engineering, caring values. great experience!
Pros
work and life balance, good management
Nice Company
Good company and friendly coworkers and pay was also good. They also had good hours and work was not really difficult. Hours were also reasonable. Overall nice place.
J'étais propriétaire
Difficile d'évaluer car j'étais un des associé dans cette entreprise avec mon mari.

Alors j'évalue pour les employés
Pros
Bon salaire, ouverture
Cons
Travaille très fort et des heures difficilles
Good company, multiculture, hard working enviroment
This company provided trainings to employee, focus on customers, it has multiple culture, hard work environment. Focused on technologies improvement, provide engineering service to projects
Friendly work place
managment is very friendly.everybody helping each other.company pay good. money ,health and dental benefit.locally managed,reflected a relaxed work enviorment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
40 hr
Excellent place to grow as a leader
Emerson Process Management provided me with numerous opportunities to grow as a leader and technical opportunities to implement world-class engineering.
Pros
Challenging, Structured Engineering Processes
Cons
Lack of flexibility and variety
Good Company
Have opportunity to learn a lot stuff, Especially for Emerson DeltaV control system, have opportunity to work on some largest project in the world.