EmergiTel

EmergiTel Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Small company with a startup culture. Good place to start your career. Can achieve heights by working hard. Can visualize staying for a long tenure here.
Excellent company to work with. I made good friends there and are still in touch with. The manager is Super Amazing and she is very supportive. Great Team and Great Company 10 Stars !!!
Pros
Great Management Skills, Great Team - Friendly People
Cons
Nothing as such
I was hired on as a sub-contractor to be a Shaw Cable installer. I was trained and working for 3 months when the company lost the contract all across Canada thus putting me out of a job. I was required to buy a new vehicle to carry an 11 foot ladder. The treatment of employees was sub-par at best. If you had family in the company you got preferential treatment.
A typical day starts with agenda and division of work, managed my excellent leader ( National Recruitment Manager)
Culture is good here

Fun, loving and helping colleagues

Work hard and party hard
Very Good to work for. Good people. Sub Contracted to Shaw. Excellent supervisors coordinating the job duties. Was a Contract job and at the end of the contract Shaw hired some staff.
I acquired good telecommunication knowledge in technical aspects . I used to work in weekdays 40 hrs and the management is quite professional to handle all my issue and question.
Great place to work at.
A lot of opportunities to learn.

Culture is great.

Everyone is amazing to wok with. Always willing to help one another.

Very easy going.
Emergitel takes between 35-60% of their billings for "overhead" . Negotiate hard with them to receive the right compensation.
Cons
No freebies or beenfits from them
Overall great experience working with the company, I learned a lot about my field which will benefit me in my career. As I like to be on the road this was a perfect match for me.
Although I greatly appreciate the experience that I had with this company there were a few things that were not handled appropriately.

Pros: Working From home

Left to work independently

Gave me an opportunity to gain experience and build my resume

Cons:

Aside from the cons of the industry itself....

First of all, the salary is very low. Now I understand that I was an entry level employee, but as they offered me different job titles and responsibilities, no additional compensation was offered.

Secondly, the commission structure was not very clearly outlined at the beginning, leading me to believe that I was going to be compensated better for the deals that I would close. 10% is much different than 10% of the mark-up.

Third, there was an issue with one of my account managers where they essentially told me that a candidate was not suitable for a role, then submitted that same candidate for a similar role where they would receive all of the commission. In the end the candidate was hired for the role I was submitting him on. I had escalated this to my supervisors, and ultimately to the VP. After several months of being told that it would be handled, they decided that they would pay me, half of what I was owed and they made this seem like they were doing me a favor.

Fourth, there were 5 positions that I filled eternally that they did not wish to compensate me for as they were internal hires. Our company policy suggested that there was a 200$ referral bonus, they gave me 50$ for each and made this seem like they were doing me a favor.

Basically, this is a company that does not
 - more...
Pros
remote working, unless you're in gta
Cons
no compensation
This company has been contracted by Telus to hire me. It was necessary to pass an intensive security clearance. I am paid based on an hourly rate, contracted for 3 days a week at 12.5 hrs a day. I have no contact other than emails from Emergitel. My contracts run 6 months at a time. There is no promise of renewal. If I have any questions, they are promptly answered.
My work environment consisted of a small call center with a relaxed setting. The import of the calls meant a no nonsense approach to the job. It was necessary to relax between calls, as they could be highly stressful.

My day involves up to 100 calls that deal with various life and or death emergencies. It was my job to trace and track cell phones; set up and eliminate phone lines for tactical police negotiations; provide aid to Search and Rescue, the Armed Forces and the Coast Guard; provide minute to minute aid in murder, kidnapping and suicide cases; provide I.P. address information for threats made to self and or the public via the internet; and a multitude of other scenarios that may pose a threat to the public.

Management was forthright, honest and blunt.

My coworkers and I rarely have the opportunity to talk and socialize. I don't know them very well, but they are pleasant to work with.

The hardest part of my job is accepting there is no room for advancement, no raises based on performance, and no benefits.

The most enjoyable part is knowing that doing my job well means I help to save lives.
Pros
saving lives
Cons
no benefits
They are not honest and forthcoming. They get information and meeting schedules all messed up. They don't really care about you as a candidate as they have anywhere's from 2-4 more candidates they are representing for the same role, either way they win,
Best Workplace but contract ending in another month so looking new assignment