Emergent Biosolutions

Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
I was a Practicum Student
I had my work experience for my college course at Emergent Biosolutions. I learned a lot from the IT team there and value the experience that I acquired there.
Great peers, but can do a lot better for management
Loved the job, great core values. Great quality control system in place, the top management is very supportive. Expect the same from the managers.
The co-workers are the best part of the job, management, not so much.
Fast paced environment
Typical daily maintenance work but challenging. Work priorities could change in a matter of minutes depending on how severe or important the problem is.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Could be long hours of work
Enjoyable place to work. Fun family days. Free lunches and barbeques.
Interesting place to work. Started up a totally new records department. Was able to take charge and make the position my own by analyzing the needs of the company. Records rooms contained highly confidential material, rooms had to be fire proof and temperature and humidity controlled. Charge of binding and labelling all old records and implementing a recording and tracking system, so at any given time we could find records ASAP.
Pros
Free lunches. Bonus days off.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Excellent
I was only an intern at Emergent Biosolutions, but they offer a diverse and challenging program for students. I highly enjoyed working with the IT department and was provided appropriate knowledge and training during my daily demands. I was also given opportunities to show my initiative by providing ideas on how to streamline processes to get the job done faster. I enjoyed the daily activities as well as the team members I interacted with.
Productive but with challenges
Could be a great working place except that employees (at least in my area) are very apprehensive at genuine working in teams, info sharing and cross-team brainstorming
good people good friends
hard working people that make the company go, layoffs whenever they feel like it, hard work normally goes un noticed. good hours, clean safe place to work
Pros
people
Cons
some
Great job, mired in structure
A good mix of routine and analysis, felt very valued at this company, and like my opinion mattered.
The hardest part was being told we need to work faster but no ideas ever came forward to achieve that goal. Constantly insisted the level of validation was too much in the accounting department, regardless of a GMP facility with government contracts.
Pros
Great Benefits, Happy Employees
Cons
Inflexible to change and lower validation
werken in het buitenland binnen een groeiende organisatie
De werkzaamheden waren wisselend, waardoor je meerdere aspecten leerde kennen binnen het bedrijf. Het werken binnen teamverband was een aangename ervaring.
Pros
Werken binnen een team.
Cons
het werken bij piekdagen als oproepkracht
Great Job
The best job I've ever had. Work was fun and fast and everyone was willing to learn and teach new techniques. All employees participated in group activities that kept everyone close. I learned how to work in a lab and that communication is the key to successful relationships. Management was great and encouraged group activities. Hardest part of the job was when the company went under and had to leave. The best part of the job was the people.
Pros
great people with great philosophy
Interesting work, and interesting people
Oversee different research tasks, cleaning and other duties as assigned, learned about working in cleanroom environments.