Emerald Retirement Residence

Emerald Retirement Residence Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.3Pay & benefits

Poor management

The management doesn’t care about the staff they only care about the money, employees work non stop get payed the least and half the time don’t even get a break. It’s a cruel, terrible place to work I’m so glad I walked out those doors.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Long hours, no break, bad management, unwelcome staff, lazy management

Great times at Emerald

Front Desk - Totally enjoyed working here! Positive upbeat home, resident's are fabulous, enjoyed coming to work everyday. I was able to connect with all the employees including management and made great friends here. Management was very helpful when it came to needing schedule changes. I was sad to leave but my dream job became available and I had to jump aboard. I miss all my co-workers and especially the resident's, they truly do make your day. Keep smiling

Pros

Pays above minimum wage for all departments

I would gladly recommend working here to a friend!

I love working here! I get along great with my fellow employees building connections wit the residences makes coming to work even more exciting! Management has always been great to me and I know I can always trust them. We always have fun activities happening everyday and I love to see the residences engaged and happy.

Overall great experience

Overall I had a great experience working here. I loved having the opportunity to connect with all of the residents. I knew I could always count on management and they always supported me 100%. My favourite thing about working at Emerald was Happy Hour! Everyone always had such a fun time and it was so nice to see all the smiles on the residences faces!

Pros

Fun work environment.

Cons

There are very few opportunities to move up in the company.

Always excited to come to work!

I love working at Emerald. I know I will always have management's full support. I love coming to work every day and I am always excited to see what the day brings. No two days are the same and that's one of the many things i love about working here

Pros

Personal connections with staff and residents

Cons

Busy workday

Jobs at Emerald Retirement Residence