Emerald Retirement Residence

Emerald Retirement Residence Employee Reviews

Would not recommend

The Seniors are wonderful.Couldn't wait for my shift to end on a daily basis.No matter how hard I tried or worked, there were employees there that tried and succeeded in a negative bullying work atmosphere with all the back stabbing 1 can expect in the current job culture in Niagara Falls.

Pros

Working on my own.

Cons

The staff were awful.

Poor Management

Management It’s horrible all they care about is money everything will land on the employees and not them the GM doesn’t know how to talk to the people extremely rude they are extremely unorganized Residents are super nice PSW’s are sweet and front desk is awesome it’s the management that is running this building into the ground they literally call the place the sinking ship

Pros

PSW’s and residents

Cons

Horrible management

Poor management

The management doesn’t care about the staff they only care about the money, employees work non stop get payed the least and half the time don’t even get a break. It’s a cruel, terrible place to work I’m so glad I walked out those doors.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Long hours, no break, bad management, unwelcome staff, lazy management

Great times at Emerald

Front Desk - Totally enjoyed working here! Positive upbeat home, resident's are fabulous, enjoyed coming to work everyday. I was able to connect with all the employees including management and made great friends here. Management was very helpful when it came to needing schedule changes. I was sad to leave but my dream job became available and I had to jump aboard. I miss all my co-workers and especially the resident's, they truly do make your day. Keep smiling

Pros

Pays above minimum wage for all departments

Stressful, overworked

Having previously worked at this home, it is aweful, management not caring at all, too busy on smoke breaks to care, and owner, well lets say she cares even less. the almightly dollar is what its all about

I would gladly recommend working here to a friend!

I love working here! I get along great with my fellow employees building connections wit the residences makes coming to work even more exciting! Management has always been great to me and I know I can always trust them. We always have fun activities happening everyday and I love to see the residences engaged and happy.

Overall great experience

Overall I had a great experience working here. I loved having the opportunity to connect with all of the residents. I knew I could always count on management and they always supported me 100%. My favourite thing about working at Emerald was Happy Hour! Everyone always had such a fun time and it was so nice to see all the smiles on the residences faces!

Pros

Fun work environment.

Cons

There are very few opportunities to move up in the company.

Always excited to come to work!

I love working at Emerald. I know I will always have management's full support. I love coming to work every day and I am always excited to see what the day brings. No two days are the same and that's one of the many things i love about working here

Pros

Personal connections with staff and residents

Cons

Busy workday

Sinking ship.

Chaotic. Over worked. Paid minimum wage. Co-workers very bossy. My boss was great but was on stress leave. Very stressful place to work. People were quitting daily.

Awful place to work

Zero worth management at all... They only care about money and when you need to talk with them, they are never available neither for the residents...she is always outside smoking cigarettes like there's no tomorrow...this place is f**ked up... Work elsewhere is my advice...

Pros

Residents

Worst place ever

Poor management, low salary, tons of s#it to get rid of.. Retirees are awesome, not the staff.. It's better to work in another place.. Owner and managers are only for the money, they don't care about the residents at all.

Dismal place to Work

Upper Management is poor Fellow employees alright. Revolving door of employees. They called it a sinking ship. Residents were awesome! Weekends off

Pros

Residents

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emerald Retirement Residence. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2