Emera Inc. Employee Reviews for Engineer

Great place to work.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia9 September 2018
Great place to work. Great work life balance. However, hard to move up the ladder unless you have the right people above you. Politics are apparent however this expected in such a corporation.
co op power engineer
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Point Aconi, NS28 December 2017
good spot to work. was a very relaxed place with no pressure. management i guess is the same where ever you work. lots of down time and travel to other areas is required
Employees are great to work with, very helpful and proactive
3rd Class Power Engineer- Work Placement (Current Employee) –  Lingan, NS6 May 2016
I am currently a student on my work placement at this facility. I job shadow a few employees, help them complete their rounds of the power plant, recording temperatures, pressures, and conducting daily tests. I also aide in the lock out tag out procedures. I get to spend some time in the control room every day to observe situational issues that may arise. My co-workers are great, they are very helpful and answer any questions I may have. The plant consist of 4 different units, one of which is now down for yearly maintenance. This allows me to view the inside of the boiler, as well at the turbine, which has the shell completely removed. The Generator rotor was removed last week, which was very interesting and beneficial to see.