Emera Inc. Employee Reviews in Halifax, NS

Best place to work
Technical Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2019
Nice to work on projects. this is a very good company but all depends on the manager you are working under. NS Power is affiliate company of Emera company.
would recommend
Protection & Control Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 May 2019
an excellent place to start a career but the administration process is long. I had the opportunity to work at NSP as a co-op student. I gained valuable experience.
Amazing
Communications (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2019
NS Power is an amazing company to work for. They value their employees, there is room for improvement and they offer job security. Management genuinely cares about you and your well being. Amazing work environment
call center
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 February 2019
Handle a large volume of inbound telephone calls, especially for taking orders and providing customer service. administer incoming product support or information enquiries from consumers. Individual communications, including letters, faxes, and e-mail.
Friendly productive workplace
Administrative and Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 January 2019
My usual day at work went by checking my emails, printing invoices, and putting the invoices into the software. I learned about the Jonas software for accounts payable and purchase orders. I learned how to manage heavy loads of work with my time management skills. All of the employees were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The end of every month was very difficult. There was a great pressure to meet the deadline. I enjoyed the environmental safety meetings. They had quizzes and it was overall very fun.
Pros
Friendly staff, clean and tidy workplace
Cons
Small parking lot
Positive and fun loving environment
Accounts Payable representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 November 2018
We will have invoice ready which are suppose to be processed for that day, they are sorted and given to the processors. Management is very supportive and was encourage everyone giving their best.
supportive environment
Marketing & Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 November 2018
Recognize employees for the work they do. Corporate culture but still relaxed. Amazing building - lots of natural light. Innovative and encourages new ideas. Contract position.
excellent company but hard to advance
other (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS3 August 2018
Work/life balance in my department was excellent, lots of flexibility around hours and we were trusted to get our work done - no micromanagement. I was well qualified to work several advancing roles but did not receive opportunity for interviews as a lot of working here and moving up is about who you know. Overall a great company with fantastic people.
Pros
Flexibility, coworkers
Cons
Mandatory overtime during outages
very friendly people
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 July 2018
Everyone is willing to help and answer questions. Very welcoming environment. Lots of fun activities like bbq parties, holiday activities, etc.. I learned a lot in my experience there.
Lovely work place!
Co-op Finance Student (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 May 2018
So far this has been my favourite work experience -- all the employees are extremely friendly and welcoming and looking to make a friendship with everyone, even students which did not happen at any of my other co-ops! Extremely positive work environment focused on teamwork.
productive work place
Power Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 October 2017
productive and professional work place. great location and great staff. I learned a lot from the fellow coworkers and felt a professional environment.
Pros
location
Buyer beware
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 August 2017
NS Power claims to hire from within which is why I took this position in their Customer Care Center, I applied for over 37 internal positions that I had skill sets matching the job, I was only interviewed twice and was not taken serious.
Pros
Free meals during Outage situations
Cons
On call outage situation, treatment of entry level position
CADD operator
CADD Operator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 May 2017
My immediate supervisor was fantastic, worked very hard to ensure his team had everything they needed and was a joy to work with. As was the rest of the team.

The overall management in the department left a lot to be desired. If you work in the engineering department, make sure you are an engineer and not anyone else or you will not be given the time of day.
working on substations construction
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 November 2015
building new sub stations for power system.in Novs Scotia.travel all over the place and work on power systems from 13KV to 138 KV.really nice work and all outside
Pros
great job
Cons
is none
Fast paced, demanding workplace
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 July 2015
Rotating shifts. always learning new skills, very customer driven, great co-workers and team leads, hardest part of the job was the rotating shifts and the work/family life balance, most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers, salary and the benifits
Pros
bonus cheques each year
Cons
rotating shifts
A great place to grow your career
Director Operations, Renewables & Alternate Energy (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 November 2014
A good place to work. You are valued when you are seen as adding value to the business. You are held accountable and the compensation is very fair.
innovative, self starter, work under least guidance
Senior Year Project (Former Employee) –  Halifax20 October 2014
I love to work with challenges as our project was first of its kind. I was able to reach the target and produce the required outcomes
Strong safety culture and reasonable salary and benefits. Expectations of leaders to be available 24/7. Management is strong and diverse.
Senior manager, revenue operations (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 November 2013
Challenging positions with career opportunities. Change is constant. Strong focus on safety and productivity. Strong customer service ethic. Workforce is committed and dependable. My passion is leading people. Being part of the senior leadership team I have lead large groups and have acquired the skills and behaviors to transition the organization into a productive, growing company. The hardest part of my job is influences other leaders on employee relations. The most enjoyable part of my roles have been leading power restoration efforts in major outage events.
Pros
Values leaders and provides career opportunities
Cons
Monopoly and extremely regulated environment
Not a bad place to work
Work Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia22 October 2013
It's a fast paced environment where everyone works hard and has a lot of dedication to ensuring that the power stays on. On the negative side, management doesn't tend to spend the time really getting to know what their employees do and therefore put unreasonable expectations on them and/or minimize staffing levels to a point where it's impossible to keep up with the work load. My most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the hundreds of power line technicians, wiring inspectors, customer service field reps, and regional planners who work tirelessly to provide the best customer service that they can in a very challenging and sometimes dangerous environment.
Pros
Comeraderie
Cons
Management doesn't get it