Emera Inc. logo
Emera Inc.

Emera Inc. Employee Reviews

Outstanding employer

I worked for NsPower/Emera for 6 years, outstanding employer, room for advancement, safety is their top priority, great wage package, good balance between work and home life

Management is very responsive to needs of employees along with customers. Pay is slightly low but the work life trade-offs equalize it.

Solid place to work. Knowledgeable and professional employees. Lots of room for advancement. Very rapidly growing company. Expanding use of contractors due to large growth.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Lower than average pay

I like it here.

Great place to work! I really enjoy working for this employer. I believe they care about their employees and safety of their customers. No job is prefect but I wouldn’t mind retiring from this one. I usually hate working for large corporations but I don’t feel like that here plus the pay is pretty decent too.

would not recommend this place to work

heavy work loads with too few employees to do the work.low level supervisors were hard to work for.All they cared about was getting a money bonus and job advance.

Pros

always goy paid evert 2 weeks

Cons

heavy workload with ugly boss

Horrible place to work

Senior Management does not understand people or business. The place is at risk of not working due to poor management. If something happens, no systems will be able to run or people to have power across the service area.

Discriminatory hiring practices

Don't expect to get hired based on your suitability for the position. Ahead of you will be people of a more preferred age, gender, or with personal connections in the company.

Great, supportive place of employment

Welcoming workplace ready to teach everyone. They are supportive and focused on safety. There is room to grow for everyone. They are understanding and all are family oriented.

The bad is favortism and staffing issues.

I have gone back to school to obtain a degree in business administration at the urging of management. Regardless of my sacrifices for this company, I am not rewarded by promoting in positions I apply for.

Bad work culture

Tenured employees are leaving and hiring for new call centre reps is a revolving door. Customers can’t get good service because scheduling can’t get crews to show up for jobs. If you’re building, don’t bother calling the call centre, they can’t get you a date. Really top heavy, a lot of management should be busier.... Front line extremely busy. 42 year old Co worker just took heart attack. Performance management is ambiguous so targets are more “feeling” about someone than actual met targets. Working all of the time during bad weather. You can not refuse. Cannot be single parent working there. 5 sick days per year, no family or personal days and that’s all. If you get 6 sick days in a year, you are made to feel like you could be fired. Very third party call centre feeling there. Went really downhill in the last year. Not well managed. Not a good place to work.

Challenging

Emera is a great place to work. There are work/life balance challenges, however, in the accounting dept. Internal postings are a nice benefit as you get to see opportunities arising regularly.

Jobs at Emera Inc.

See more jobs

Collaborative work place

A typical day at work has team members engaged in ensuring that we provide safe, reliable, cost effective electricity. It is a team based environment where you can express your concerns and develop to be the best.

Negatively charged environment

Management encourage a negative attitude and competition within the business. this causes a poor working environment that is counter productive to ethics of the business.

Great advantages for work and personal growth

Great company to work for but due to business situations changes had to be made and divisions were sold and closed. Great for career development and making sure you can advance and learn other aspects for the business, when available.

good place to work

safety is a culture in the company. its a no. 1 priority I will recommend it to anyone work environment is not bad , peoples are friendly benefits are ok

The most enjoyable part of the job

What I enjoy most about my job is that I get to work outside and enjoy the beautiful four seasons of Nova Scotia. There is an incredible satisfaction of taking in whatever nature has to give you that day.

Amazing Company

I absolutely loved working for their company. Sadly it was a contract position that didn't turn into a fulltime permanent position. They have so many incentives and bonus options working there. It truly feels like you're part of their family.

Great opportunity for entry level workers

Fair compensation, employee incentives, and enjoyable work environment. Management was understanding and provided appropriate employee education to allow me to thrive and learn.

The co-workers are pleasant to work with

A typical day includes talking to customers about their bills and any services required for the majority of the day. I learned more about how electricity is delivered and am better able to explain it to the customers I speak with. The hardest part of the job is when you get customers who want to do nothing but fight and use unacceptable language with you.

Independence and support provided in near-perfect balance

Great office culture. Safety is top priority of management and staff alike. Help, support and independence to complete work well balanced. Knowledgeable plant personnel willing to share expertise and understanding of processes.

Pros

Great office co-workers, people and plant success celebrated

Cons

Tight monthly deadlines and longer days at month end

Good introduction

Management has a strong traditional background for the most part. Performance coach’s at the cooperative level are chosen quite well in general, and mine in particular was very caring and informative. Great start for a career to better comprehend an office experience for new graduates/employees.

Work life balance

Good company to work for. People are friendly and helpful. Excellent work and personal life balance. Never felt over worked and never under paid. Always looked forward to into work, and never felt like I was thrown out there to the wolves. There was always someone available to help in any way, shape, or form.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emera Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement