Emera Inc. logo
Emera Inc.

Emera Inc.

Emera Inc. Employee Review

Friendly productive workplace

My usual day at work went by checking my emails, printing invoices, and putting the invoices into the software. I learned about the Jonas software for accounts payable and purchase orders. I learned how to manage heavy loads of work with my time management skills. All of the employees were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The end of every month was very difficult. There was a great pressure to meet the deadline. I enjoyed the environmental safety meetings. They had quizzes and it was overall very fun.

Pros

Friendly staff, clean and tidy workplace

Cons

Small parking lot

Same location

would not recommend this place to work

heavy work loads with too few employees to do the work.low level supervisors were hard to work for.All they cared about was getting a money bonus and job advance.

Pros

always goy paid evert 2 weeks

Cons

heavy workload with ugly boss

Bad work culture

Tenured employees are leaving and hiring for new call centre reps is a revolving door. Customers can’t get good service because scheduling can’t get crews to show up for jobs. If you’re building, don’t bother calling the call centre, they can’t get you a date. Really top heavy, a lot of management should be busier.... Front line extremely busy. 42 year old Co worker just took heart attack. Performance management is ambiguous so targets are more “feeling” about someone than actual met targets. Working all of the time during bad weather. You can not refuse. Cannot be single parent working there. 5 sick days per year, no family or personal days and that’s all. If you get 6 sick days in a year, you are made to feel like you could be fired. Very third party call centre feeling there. Went really downhill in the last year. Not well managed. Not a good place to work.

Challenging

Emera is a great place to work. There are work/life balance challenges, however, in the accounting dept. Internal postings are a nice benefit as you get to see opportunities arising regularly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emera Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement