Emera Inc.

Emera Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews

Outstanding employer

I worked for NsPower/Emera for 6 years, outstanding employer, room for advancement, safety is their top priority, great wage package, good balance between work and home life

Good place to work in

Good place to workSupportive leaders Friendly colleaguesGreat work life balanceLots of security trainingsGreat place to grow your skillsVery traditional company on technical side

Insights into Emera Inc.

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great learning opportunities for EITs

I had a great experience at NSP. I could always ask questions and the work assigned challenged me so I could grow in my career. Once you're in a full-time position and performing well there's job security.

would not recommend this place to work

heavy work loads with too few employees to do the work.low level supervisors were hard to work for.All they cared about was getting a money bonus and job advance.

Pros

always goy paid evert 2 weeks

Cons

heavy workload with ugly boss

Discriminatory hiring practices

Don't expect to get hired based on your suitability for the position. Ahead of you will be people of a more preferred age, gender, or with personal connections in the company.

Bad work culture

Tenured employees are leaving and hiring for new call centre reps is a revolving door. Customers can’t get good service because scheduling can’t get crews to show up for jobs. If you’re building, don’t bother calling the call centre, they can’t get you a date. Really top heavy, a lot of management should be busier.... Front line extremely busy. 42 year old Co worker just took heart attack. Performance management is ambiguous so targets are more “feeling” about someone than actual met targets. Working all of the time during bad weather. You can not refuse. Cannot be single parent working there. 5 sick days per year, no family or personal days and that’s all. If you get 6 sick days in a year, you are made to feel like you could be fired. Very third party call centre feeling there. Went really downhill in the last year. Not well managed. Not a good place to work.

Challenging

Emera is a great place to work. There are work/life balance challenges, however, in the accounting dept. Internal postings are a nice benefit as you get to see opportunities arising regularly.

Great advantages for work and personal growth

Great company to work for but due to business situations changes had to be made and divisions were sold and closed. Great for career development and making sure you can advance and learn other aspects for the business, when available.

good place to work

safety is a culture in the company. its a no. 1 priority I will recommend it to anyone work environment is not bad , peoples are friendly benefits are ok

The most enjoyable part of the job

What I enjoy most about my job is that I get to work outside and enjoy the beautiful four seasons of Nova Scotia. There is an incredible satisfaction of taking in whatever nature has to give you that day.

Independence and support provided in near-perfect balance

Great office culture. Safety is top priority of management and staff alike. Help, support and independence to complete work well balanced. Knowledgeable plant personnel willing to share expertise and understanding of processes.

Pros

Great office co-workers, people and plant success celebrated

Cons

Tight monthly deadlines and longer days at month end

Friendly productive workplace

My usual day at work went by checking my emails, printing invoices, and putting the invoices into the software. I learned about the Jonas software for accounts payable and purchase orders. I learned how to manage heavy loads of work with my time management skills. All of the employees were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The end of every month was very difficult. There was a great pressure to meet the deadline. I enjoyed the environmental safety meetings. They had quizzes and it was overall very fun.

Pros

Friendly staff, clean and tidy workplace

Cons

Small parking lot

Great oppertunities

Emera Utility Services is part of the larger Emera group of companies. EUS is a great entry point to other affiliated companies. Many employees of EUS eventually move on to NS Power of Emera Energy.

Pros

oppertunities

Cons

dependant on extenal work to survive, unlike the regulated NS Power

Great support Staff

Lots of opportunity for advancement with a great support staff to succeed at whatever your task is. Always changing which brings a fast paced, decision based environment.

Pros

all the overtime you want :)

Cons

all the overtime you want :)

productive work place

productive and professional work place. great location and great staff. I learned a lot from the fellow coworkers and felt a professional environment.

Pros

location

Cons

Great place to work & learn

My experience with Emera was excellent, it is a great place to work & learn about the field of Power Engineering. Great place to start out in power generation!

Excellent Company to work for. Really values it's employees

The Employees at Brooklyn are proud and dedicated to the success of the plant. They all help each other when there are issues. Working safe is a top priority when it comes to doing any tasks.

Pros

Great Company Values, Excellent Benifits, Lots of growth potential for employees

Great atmostphere, good people

people are great to work with and good working atmosphere with excellent work/life balance. Good opportunity to learn new things and get involved with how the company is run. Good management and open relationships with management.

A great place to grow your career

A good place to work. You are valued when you are seen as adding value to the business. You are held accountable and the compensation is very fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emera Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement