Emera Inc.

Emera Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada66 reviews
Okay not the best
Dirty plants and bad work conditions for long term health. The company needs new management fresh ideas and a culture change .I would stay clear of these plants no long term future in coal fired generation.
Collaborative team
I like the work with the document Control team. They are amazing people, helpful, kind and sweet. They also answer and help me a lot when I ask them any question.
Stressful environment. What was expected of an employee was beyond.
I worked a term position in Meter Services, Sackville, NS location. The work load (amount of meters read per route) expected of an individual was beyond. On top of that, the supervisor/manager of Meter Services was a degrading bully and would lash out at the team when she was having a bad day.
I truly believe companies loose good employees because of poor and demotivating management.
Bad work culture
Tenured employees are leaving and hiring for new call centre reps is a revolving door. Customers can’t get good service because scheduling can’t get crews to show up for jobs. If you’re building, don’t bother calling the call centre, they can’t get you a date. Really top heavy, a lot of management should be busier.... Front line extremely busy. 42 year old Co worker just took heart attack. Performance management is ambiguous so targets are more “feeling” about someone than actual met targets. Working all of the time during bad weather. You can not refuse. Cannot be single parent working there. 5 sick days per year, no family or personal days and that’s all. If you get 6 sick days in a year, you are made to feel like you could be fired. Very third party call centre feeling there. Went really downhill in the last year. Not well managed. Not a good place to work.
great company to be part of
Good company overall with safety as top priority good benefit and lots of opportunities to grow. I would definitely recommend this company for anyone that wants to work for stable and well established company in NS and abroad.
Challenging
Emera is a great place to work. There are work/life balance challenges, however, in the accounting dept. Internal postings are a nice benefit as you get to see opportunities arising regularly.
Great advantages for work and personal growth
Great company to work for but due to business situations changes had to be made and divisions were sold and closed. Great for career development and making sure you can advance and learn other aspects for the business, when available.
good place to work
safety is a culture in the company. its a no. 1 priority I will recommend it to anyone work environment is not bad , peoples are friendly benefits are ok
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Emera Inc.?
The most enjoyable part of the job
What I enjoy most about my job is that I get to work outside and enjoy the beautiful four seasons of Nova Scotia. There is an incredible satisfaction of taking in whatever nature has to give you that day.
Well balanced work environment
Management understands people, they don't see you as a number, but a person. Conversion and team-work is important to complete tasks. Depending on your position you may be required to be on call to help with power troubles during storms. Though they do highly value your safety and are not unreasonable.
Independence and support provided in near-perfect balance
Great office culture. Safety is top priority of management and staff alike. Help, support and independence to complete work well balanced. Knowledgeable plant personnel willing to share expertise and understanding of processes.
Pros
Great office co-workers, people and plant success celebrated
Cons
Tight monthly deadlines and longer days at month end
Awesome place to work. The culture is wonderful and the opportunity for growth and advancement is always there. Management is awesome, and always looking to take on co-op students, and/or young professionals.
Pros
Flexible hours, fun spot to be
Cons
Outage
Best place to work
Nice to work on projects. this is a very good company but all depends on the manager you are working under. NS Power is affiliate company of Emera company.
would recommend
an excellent place to start a career but the administration process is long. I had the opportunity to work at NSP as a co-op student. I gained valuable experience.
Amazing
NS Power is an amazing company to work for. They value their employees, there is room for improvement and they offer job security. Management genuinely cares about you and your well being. Amazing work environment
call center
Handle a large volume of inbound telephone calls, especially for taking orders and providing customer service. administer incoming product support or information enquiries from consumers. Individual communications, including letters, faxes, and e-mail.
Friendly productive workplace
My usual day at work went by checking my emails, printing invoices, and putting the invoices into the software. I learned about the Jonas software for accounts payable and purchase orders. I learned how to manage heavy loads of work with my time management skills. All of the employees were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The end of every month was very difficult. There was a great pressure to meet the deadline. I enjoyed the environmental safety meetings. They had quizzes and it was overall very fun.
Pros
Friendly staff, clean and tidy workplace
Cons
Small parking lot
Best job possible in Nova Scotia
Excellent salary, safety mindset company. Lots of very knowledgeable tradesmen and great opportunity to grow. Enjoyed my time here very much, would love to work here as a fulltime technician.
Pros
Salary, very cool job, build knowledge
Cons
difficult to get a fulltime job for a young guy in the E&I field, labour pool very hard to get a hold of
Great oppertunities
Emera Utility Services is part of the larger Emera group of companies. EUS is a great entry point to other affiliated companies. Many employees of EUS eventually move on to NS Power of Emera Energy.
Pros
oppertunities
Cons
dependant on extenal work to survive, unlike the regulated NS Power
Excellent company (no longer active)
A company created for a transmission line project that now only has minimal staff for maintenance and close-out. Enjoyed working with all co-workers. The job was challenging and exciting.
Work term
- Tool box / safety meetings, recording pressures, temperatures & vibrations.
- To always have your eye opened to prevent maintenance. keep your work place tide. Inspect task & identify problems.

- Friendly environment

- Nothing overwhelming hard. Just always being on the ball.

- Asking questions and learning the processes