EMCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Loved this corporation.
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2019
I worked for 20 years for EMCO Calgary PC . I can say the best corporations and would be proud to work for them again.
Manager is great guy good at communicating as what was to be done and work alone side team .
A good good place to build a career.
Pros
Helping customers and staff
Cons
I have no cons
Keep looking elsewhere.
Sales professional (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 April 2019
40+ hours training required per year - on your own time if need be - with no pay.
Meetings were held after hours, with no pay.
Base salary is low.
Benefits are bottom of the barrel.

Lack of basic safety awareness.
Lack of morality.

Profit sharing- only if your at a profitable establishment. Profit sharing determined by a 6000 character algorithim, so they say, and is determined by management.

Trap!! Find a different company to work for, trust me.

My friend calls the company unique, I call it garbage.
Pros
The people
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work if you are willing to work hard.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC23 February 2019
Worked here for a couple year before i had to move away. Company is great. It's not easy work tho. You are constantly on the go and the starting salary is so-so ($38k) but you can make a lot in what they call "profit sharing" basically a bonus system. I made $24k in bonus my second year but another guy only got $12k but he was pretty useless. I would totally work here again but i think it depends on which location you are at becuz some make more than others. Also make sure you have a good manager. They constantly push you to learn more so you have to want to learn and work hard.
Pros
good money, good co-workers
Cons
hard work
Ok place to work
Showroom Sales Consultant - Fixtures (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2019
Decent culture, not a strong enphesis on personal growth or personal achievement but lots of focus on team work and team goals. cool products and lots of variety in day to day work life
Fund, fast paced and the people were great
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 January 2019
The typical day was helping the costumers complete their orders. the training was on the job. the management was great. There was always something happening there and never a dull moment. Very fast paced, due to the oil companies needed supplies.
The hardest part of the job was being called back to the office after just getting home to fill a customers order due to an emergency. this happened a lot. the most enjoyable part was the people. They were regulars and they were all great.
Long term career - not just a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BC23 November 2018
Don't let the wordy job description scare you off from applying. 90 percent of the job is learn as you go and a great deal of common sense. Days are challenging but go by fast and each day you will learn something new about the products in stock and the special requests of the customers. This is a great opportunity to earn a descent wage without having a higher education degree or diploma. If you have previous retail sales, hardware, or customer service skills and are willing to take the initiative to persue learning about the products on your own you will do well here. Generally no evening or weekend work is required. Some locations run on very minimal staff so taking unscheduled days off or time beyond your allowed vacation days can be tough as it leaves your coworkers to pick up the slack -so you may not be granted any extra time off even if requested. The goal of Emco is always profit, work hard, be friendly but don't waste time with extra chit chat. In a day you can expect to do counter sales, answer the phones, contact vendors for pricing, do up quotes, help out in the warehouse, load product, or shovel the snow if needed. Everyone works as a team and the expectation is to wear many hats. There can be some stress as you alternate between the many tasks that you will have going on in a day-time management skills are crucial!
Overall this is a place where you would expect to be long term as it takes years to learn the foundations of your job with new learning ongoing throughout your career.
Pros
Long term career oportunity-never a dull day
Cons
Learning curve is steep-extra time off may be hard to get
Great place to work.
Helpdesk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 November 2018
1. Great place to work if you love to wear multiple hats.
2. Every day there is a new challenge which plays an important role in your professional growth.
3. Better management is one of the things that still needs to be improved
Great career choice, lot's of room for growth.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2018
I've spent over a decade with Emco and I do not regret it. Plenty of training and opportunities plus some really great people. Each location is different but if the manager is a good leader the results are a great and lucrative place to work.
Hiring policy creates needless shortages...
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia11 July 2018
A very ordinary work experience. Expected to wear all sorts of hats, but mostly about the sales aspect. A very non-sexy industry and you have to deal with the same customers/contractors on a daily basis, which can be difficult if you dislike some of those people. Hours are good. No late nights or weird weekend hours. Extremely limited opportunities for advancement. Under no circumstances should anyone consider the Management Trainee program. Its an excuse to work the snot out of some young people with very little chance of success.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to make some serious mony.
Cons
The company only hires those who hit a certain threshold on the Wonderlic test. It's ridiculous., No HR department. If your manager is a problem there is no one to address it to.
Great employer and team environment
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2018
EMCO promotes being an owner in the business, no matter what job you have - treat what you are doing with care and importance just like you would if it were your own business.

If you have ideas, they will listen to see if it is something that is feasible - change is possible here, there aren't 100 layers of red tape.

You need to be able to work within a team environment. You need to show initiative. Customers need to be top priority for you. You must have a very strong work ethic as you will be working hard.

Base pay I would say is in line with market, maybe a bit below, however with profit sharing you can earn much more.

This is not the right company for everyone - if you don't like change, aren't willing to work hard, don't value customers, can't handle multi-tasking, aren't willing to go above and beyond, then this is not the right place for you.
Pros
People, Profit Sharing, Opportunities to develop
High Potential for Success
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2018
Difficult program to be hired into, but the EMCO family is incredibly devoted to those who show an aptitude for success, and are willing to work for it.
Pros
amazing benefits, great pay
Cons
really long hours, no work life balance
Great environment to work in
Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 March 2018
I've been a Emco employee for 8 months now and i have to honestly say its been an amazing experience. I am a driver with Emco i must say it's challenging sometimes but i have a great support team back at the shop and office and also great management to guide me to the right direction. If you have an opportunity to work for a Emco i suggest to go for it you will not be disappointed at all.
Pros
Consistent, Good pay, great teams
Cons
Theres a lot to learn but that depends on how you look at it.
The Path to Success
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 March 2018
There is not one day at EMCO where I have felt as if my input and work was not needed or appreciated. Now, can I speak for every single person within the company and say that EMCO is the very best place to be in the world? No, I cannot with confidence make such a bold statement.

BUT! I can tell you that the best education I have ever received has been throughout my journey with the company. I have had my ups and downs like everyone else, learned a lot from my mistakes, and have risen above expectations to not only financially better myself, but the team that I work closely with each and every day. Working for EMCO is about "living into your dream;" and that dream can change as you grow into the individual you see yourself to be. What I can truly say is that with a great profit centre manager, a dependable team with a strong work ethic, the sky is truly the limit.

Success is not limited to a pay check deposited every two weeks, it is knowing that your goals can be stretched and achieved day after day.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
High Stress
Great place for a career not just a job
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
Emco is a great place to start your career or boost your existing one. You get to work with hand-picked co-workers since the company is only recruiting high-performing individuals by using a very thorough selection process. The company's culture is top notch, putting a lot of emphasis on people development, empowering its employees and offering substantial freedom to achieve your business goals. The company culture is based on very strong core values that are practiced by almost everyone starting with the President and down to the last employee. It is very entrepreneurial and frugal at its core. Profit sharing is key in Emco's bussiness model and it can boost your income substantially. Very good benefits package.
Pros
Focused on people development, strong leadership, great compensation package
Cons
Base salary is pretty average therefore profit sharing is needed
Great Place to Work
Showroom Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 February 2018
I have been at EMCO for just over a year now. The management and upper management in this company has been great in helping train me and prepare me for my job. EMCO gives each employee the control to be their "own boss", which helps you really enjoy your job because you get out of it what you put in.
The job is challenging at times but the networking system is fantastic when you need help or advice from other PC's.
This job definitely requires a positive attitude and a want to succeed.
Pros
Job Creativity
Cons
Lots of training
Teamwork = Dreamwork
Sales Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 February 2018
Working as a team alongside fantastic teammates is one of the main reasons EMCO is such a great place to work. Any direction you want your career path to go is a possibility. New ideas are always supported and encouraged which allows every teammate countless opportunities for innovation and growth. The workplace culture is always upbeat and happy, making every visitor feel like a welcomed part of the team.
Pros
Free Breakfast Fridays!
Limitless Potential for Development!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON27 February 2018
At EMCO you absolutely get what you put into it! If you are motivated and driven to succeed, your potential for business growth and monetary bonuses has no limit.
From the top down teammate development is the #1 priority in this organization, and the goal for every new hire is an eventual manager.
Expectations are high, but the rewards can be even higher.
BEST JOB I'VE EVER HAD!
Pros
Massive bonus potential
Great place to work for developing talent
Profit Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 February 2018
EMCO is a great place for recent grads looking to start a career. The Sales Development Program teaches the business from the ground up. You'll learn a variety of skills, from shipping/receiving, to inside sales, purchasing, inventory management and outside sales. At the end of the 3 year program you'll be well set to one day run your own EMCO if that's your goal. Management is engaged and supportive, and the culture based on EMCO's core values.
Pros
Great training, very competitive compensation
Cons
Long hours, fast pace, older computer systems
Company Review
Outside Account Manager Development (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 February 2018
The company is well run. Great starting position for students straight from school. Well structured program for professional development and advancement options.
Okay place
NSC (Current Employee) –  Ontario3 February 2018
Not a good place if you are looking for advancement.
Felt somewhat betrayed from what was promised when interviewed as compared to reality
Given a second chance I will pass .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.