EMCO Corporation

EMCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada72 reviews
n/a
It involves interacting and engaging with plumbers, designers and trades people. Creating spec home design books, meeting budges, guaranteeing peoples kitchens and bathrooms are at full expectation, and being able to use your creativity to abstract and present designs to them. It involves a lot of purchasing, a lot of quotes written up, answering emails, taking payments, and custom ordering specialty product. Following up with orders, and monitoring they are coming on time. Setting up house appointments for consultations.
Watch your step
Manager has a real problem separating his own personal and religious beliefs from his business dealings and day to day work. If your beliefs and morals don't line up, watch yourself. Has a great "public face" but behind doors is a very, very different person
collaborative
a typical day of work would start me off stalking shelves in the morning, then I`d be receiving Large orders and assisting with deliveries for the rest of the day.

I learned

- how to properly receive large orders

- how to read sku tags

- the use of many parts distributed by EMCO (I.E. ABS/PVC pipes, rubber gaskets etc...)

I feel as though management was great, very kind, collaborative and comedic, and this boosted the atmosphere in the work space.

The hardest part of the job was charting sku tags, id get numbers mixed up, it would take long because i had to look at each letter and number twice. But the most enjoyable mart about the job was going out on deliveries, seeing the businesses that rely on the supplies EMCO offers is very interesting.
Worse place
Most of the staff are un professional, verbally poor they don't know how to speak kindly and in a nice way. Managers are un professional all over the place.. this place is a zoo
Pros
Cons
Every thing possible you can think of from employee treatment to professional work all poor
Négative environment
Négative environment
Poor Management

Poor communication

Toilets are not clean at all

No team work

Lot of gossip in

No team meetings only ops managers

No motivation
Overall No Transparency
I would have to state that after seeing how toxic the culture is at EMCO that it is best not to put yourself through the "profit sharing " carrot as it is not worth losing out on a great salary somewhere else.
Toxic culture. Cliques and nepotism
In the end, it was one giant popularity contest. Bonus system was not based on metrics and management could just make up something on the spot. Too much focus on a single KPI without looking at the whole picture.
Tres bon emoloyeur
Tres belle ambiance de travailbcp de solidarité bcp de respect pour les employés belle collaboration entre,employers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EMCO Corporation?
Its a good place to work but they could do better on salaries.
The benefit packages are good, lots of options you can have.

You can advance in the company if you are in the right dept
Handler warehouse
The atmosphere at Emco is one of disorganized chaos. I knew my duties and fulfilled them with little to no supervision and also was available to other parties who required my help. I drove forklift stand up and sit down . Offloaded orders and loaded orders in shipping receiving as well. Every year I worked overtime for inventory days and also built shelves and also picked orders and clean the yard up
Awesome Culture
Leadership building is the main goal for EMCO. If anyone has anything bad to say about this company, they did not have the ambition or the work ethic to make it work.
Great management, most co-workers were easy to get along and work with. As with anywhere there are always a few that challenge that no matter how well a company is manage.
Fairly compensated for the work, with profit sharing, and very good Benicia including RSVP matching Lots of room to advance. Although, job security could be better, as some areas of the operations revolve on building trades , if there is a downturn in the economy, there are lay offs.
Pros
Great People and Culture
Cons
Job stability in recession times
It was a good company especially the dispatch and the operation people. It was a good comapny.
It was a great place to work. Unfortunately due to slow down in the business I was laid off.

It was one of the best places I worked. They were well organized. There were never any mistakes in terms of addresses from the dispatch people. It was a well run company.
Environnement difficile,travail tres physique
Gérer les retours de marchandises des clients.
En 2008 je ne connaissais rien a la plomberie.

Instabilité,manque de communication,tres axée sur la vente.

Travail de plus en plus physique.

Tous les employés(es) que j'ai formé,,coaché,,supporté,,les défis,,les améliorations que j'ai apporté a l'entrepot.
Suck you in with stories of good profit sharing
Run away as fast as you can, this company is huge waist of your time. Low pay for lots of headache. No room for advancement. If management sends you to the leadership seminars it’s just to brainwash you to keep you around even longer. Stay away from this cult like place unless you want to work hard for $0.25 raises
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Not enough money to support a family
Was a good place to work before new managment
This was a respected company before the new management came and put everything upside down.
Pros
Salary, bonuses
Cons
Managment
Aweful environment
Management is the worst I've seen in decades of work. Not a good job for the mind and soul. Many good people but overall don't fall for the image in interviews as it quickly changes when you realize your micro managed and not appreciated.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No pay after hours. And it's often.
Loved this corporation.
I worked for 20 years for EMCO Calgary PC . I can say the best corporations and would be proud to work for them again.
Manager is great guy good at communicating as what was to be done and work alone side team .

A good good place to build a career.
Pros
Helping customers and staff
Cons
I have no cons
Keep looking elsewhere.
40+ hours training required per year - on your own time if need be - with no pay.
Meetings were held after hours, with no pay.

Base salary is low.

Benefits are bottom of the barrel.

Lack of basic safety awareness.

Lack of morality.

Profit sharing- only if your at a profitable establishment. Profit sharing determined by a 6000 character algorithim, so they say, and is determined by management.

Trap!! Find a different company to work for, trust me.

My friend calls the company unique, I call it garbage.
Pros
The people
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work with great benefits!
Emco Corporation is a great company to work for! I worked there for 6 years and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. There is room for advancement and the more you know about each position they have within a location the further you can go. The salary is low but come profit sharing time your hard work will not go unnoticed! I moved to another city otherwise I would still be working there.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Low Salary
Great place to work if you are willing to work hard.
Worked here for a couple year before i had to move away. Company is great. It's not easy work tho. You are constantly on the go and the starting salary is so-so ($38k) but you can make a lot in what they call "profit sharing" basically a bonus system. I made $24k in bonus my second year but another guy only got $12k but he was pretty useless. I would totally work here again but i think it depends on which location you are at becuz some make more than others. Also make sure you have a good manager. They constantly push you to learn more so you have to want to learn and work hard.
Pros
good money, good co-workers
Cons
hard work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.