Embr Events

Embr Events Employee Reviews

If you don't mind having a different supervisor every other week and having to choose and compete for four hour shifts on Thursdays nights and weekends then this is definitely the job for you. If you have your smart serve, initiative, and are willing to buy snacks to go alongside the sample of alcohol they want you to sell (which they reimburse for after your paperwork is finished) then this is definitely the job for you. This position offers little training and direction on what to expect on your first shift. You are required to learn your product (which changes every shift) and then socialize with LCBO customers. I had my supervisor switch three times in the month that I was employed. When the third supervisor wanted me to retrain (clearly indicating there was very little communication or organization on management's end) before taking on a shift, I quit. I have never worked somewhere and felt so insignificant, and under appreciated. Even at a mindless factory job, my manager at the very least learned my name. I seriously tried to forget that I even considered let alone chose Embr as a choice for employment.
Not enough hours. Need more available hours for employees. Can't make a living on casual hours. More sample locations needed. Hard to get a hold of supervisors too.
Embr Events has great potential and is still growing. Whatever you put in is really what you will get out of it. The team is intimate, supportive and always learning together. You can vocalize your concerns with no judgement. Workplace culture at Embr is like no other! You'll build relationships since you are in touch with your supervisor and team every day. The management is a young and vibrant team and is always in tune with what you need help on. The hardest part of the job is inconsistency...you never know how many tastings you will be working every weekend, which can be difficult when budgeting expenses. Pay is not always the same. However, one of the most enjoyable parts of the job is managing your own schedule. I have learned that you will not enjoy this type of work if you are not a team player. The work itself makes it effortless when you are passionate about learning new brands and are eager to display a level of professionalism on behalf of well known clients and brands!
There are many benefits to working at Embr. The culture and spirit at the office is very friendly and open. It really feels like you are supported by a team.
Very unorganized and they expect you to drop money before you even start the job. The supervisors sound desperate over the phone for you to sign up because they get a commission for you signing up. The second I asked any follow up questions that made sense for the job they terminated me.
4 different supervisors in one month. Would show up ready to demo product I prepared for only to not have the product at the lcbo and have to scramble to demo different product with no prep. Expect you to buy the food and mixers on your own time as well as being there 15 minutes before to set up unpaid and clean up after shift also unpaid. Also terminated for their schedule mistake.
Highly supportive upper management and the opportunity to grow into the role you want. Frequent reviews of goals with managing partner to accommodate a mutually successful career path. Location and office are great, right in Liberty Village, plus the office dog is friendly! Snacks are provided and the company outings are a blast. A small group of employees that all work together to get things done.
Pros
Free Snacks, Advancement, Location, Culture
Cons
None.
  1. Employee reviews