Ellison Surface Technologies Employee Reviews

poor management
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Wartburg, TN9 September 2017
i was doing a great job keeping machinery going but things slowed down and the plant manager refused to work me 40 hours when things picked up so i was expected to do 40 hours of work in a 32 hour week.
Pros
good fellow employees
Cons
bad management
Please do not waste your time appying for job here
Bench/ Bow Warp (Former Employee) –  Clarendon, VT30 August 2017
This company does not care about employees, especially when HR tells a person they can not go be at the bed side of a parent passing away. This manager does not like employees talking to the owner when he is at this site, you will get spoke to about it in a negative way. Health benefits are not as good as they used to be. Employees are leaving this company every day. The managers and HR person should be fired.
Very professional work environment
Document Translator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH26 June 2017
Very talented professionals in the area of aerospace engineering specially when it comes to thermal coatings. Great environment for technical workers and engineers.
Lying backstabbing management and Harassment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KY18 March 2017
HR is the worst in this company. Management will talk to you about putting in another position but gives it to someone with little to no experience. They allow inexperienced people to mess with programs which makes bad parts. They allow harassment from co workers who do very little work and think they own the place. I would stay away from this company. It is just another dead end job. Plus they don't care about you or your family but only their families. A very bad place to work.
Pros
A small amount of people
Cons
Low pay, management, and HR
Horrible hr and management
Blisk and masker (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VT19 July 2016
Worse place I have ever worked. Total currupt company! I wouldn't suggest ever wasting your time. No leadership at all. Each day everyone struggles to figure out what the next plan is.
Pros
Learning a new trade
Cons
Harassment, pay, constant work, no leadership
just a normal day
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VT6 July 2016
a typical day includes dealing with 2-3 problems a day while still trying to make your quota for parts. It makes it interesting but at times, frustrating. I love my co-workers. They are fun and excellent workers. I have learned a variety of things from my job, like how to operate a grit blast machine. The hardest part of my job is trying to watch each and every part as it is being processed because if you dont you could miss a potential problem. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the co-workers and everyone working together.
family oriented business good people
Specialty Coatings Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY1 April 2016
Extremely good employees. Management that is willing to go the extra mile. Strong sense of employee support emotionally. Accountability a must.
not so good
grit blast (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY21 January 2016
not so good,not a job i would recomend.did not learn much.company not focouc on employeees.working in heat,not enjoyable
Good comraudery
leader (Former Employee) –  Mason, OH6 January 2015
Good company to work for. Leading edge in technology in the industry.
Productive and talent challenging work enviroment
AlSeal Sprayer (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VT12 October 2014
A position of growth and learning as this is the companies first trial run at spraying this type of sealant, lots of learning curves to be had. Great management and coworkers.
Stressful work with a family enviroment
Thermal Sprayer (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KY19 February 2013
•a typical day at work: Process production parts, Maintain equipment, Report any abnormalities.
•what you learned: I've learned alot during my time here, more than I can post; personally and professionally.
•management: Favortism and Nepotism
•your co-workers: Some of the best people in the world, Ellison has a real family enviroment.
•the hardest part of the job: High risk of injury, High accountability, Little support for off-shifts,.
•the most enjoyable part of the job: The people and the pay
Pros
family enviroment, higher pay, overtime available
Cons
politics in production, weak healthcare