EllisDon Corporation

EllisDon Corporation Management reviews

Canada184 reviews
No assistance they preach safety but don’t supply the equipment to work safely No communication under qualified people in roles they have no buisness bieng in I’m leaving this job because I worry about the shortcuts causeing someone there life and I will not be held responsible for there corner cutting ethics when it causes some one to loose there life
Underbid the job. Almost zero resources to work with. Poor planning for schedule along with man power allocation.
Management unable or not willing to listen.
The foreman's yelled and belittle the labours on there sites. The Labourers were to did not say anything because if they did they would be fired. Not a good place to work for some labourers.
During my team at EllisDon, it was honestly the best 4 years. Coming in as a co-op than coming back as contract in which transitioned to full time.

I've learned so much during my time there starting from learning the basics such as Active Directory, using the ticketing system.
From there i've learning more on my path as to dealing with hardware issues (Windows machines & Macs), making documentation for the user experience, work with multiple vendors on getting hardware items for the company, being cost efficient during the whole process, working on asset management, change management and much more i can go on about.

A typical day for me during my time was me coming into the office, settling in and getting ready to help the users with our full 100% support. When working with a construction company, they usually get a lot of new projects in which builds up to being busy. Within Ellisdon, that was a good thing because that means vendors rely on us on what needs to get completed.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the day to day tasks as to a point it would get so busy we would feel that we would have to multi-task on alot of projects to help support the business. Whenever EllisDon hires more people, that means more of a workload for user to make sure we provide the best user experience.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my fellow teammates/colleagues as we all try to help each other out as much as possible. Also, we always learn from one another so that we can use that knowledge for future projects etc. Along with that, i enjoyed
 - more...
Ellis Don is the good company to work and they have lots of work in Canada. EllisDon using best project management system to control their construction projects.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
lots of employees, so its hard to convey our message to higher managements.
Ellis Don has great workers and management that make it easy to feel comfortable in your work environment. As a construction job there are stressful days but most people are easy-going and relaxed so long as you get your work done and can adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Pros
Scheduled breaks, Team environment, regular hours, great pay rates
Cons
daily duties are constantly changing as things change or go wrong
Very busy, and very engaging, but slow to grow within and poor culture and management. Poor work-life balance - they expect you to love the company more than your family.
Great place to accelerate your career
Work-life balance is achievable, but you need to stand your ground

Reasonable Management, willing to listen to concern/plans for improvement.
They were competitive, closed and many political games were played. Internally focused and no information sharing. Expected you to read management mind instead of clearly stating expectations
I liked working with everyone. Sometimes rules had to be created because staff were not being "adults" about cleaning up after themselves but everyone was good natured about it in the end.
My direct manager and site supervisor was great but the new project manager was inexperienced and lacked people skills making it difficult to work there. Other sites and the overall management though was much better at EllisDon. I would go back if my current role ceased and I was given the opportunity to. Great place to work overall!!
good management team. good workplace culture.
they help you to learn. fun place to work. friendly staff. they let you start a new task. good benefits.
Frustrating Experience, provided with no real level of mentorship. Always felt like being thrown to a fire, which was started by someone with a higher salary than me, with no consequences for there actions
working for EllisDon taught me a lot about facility management and maintenance . an ideal company to work for, unfortunately my contract ended .i recommend
I started working for Ellisdon almost a year ago and I am beyond glad that I did. I have been working on site and the job has not only been rewarding it has also been great for advancement. Management is beyond supportive and encourages you to be the best version of yourself. The team I work with goes above and beyond to help you with anything you may need assistance with! The culture at Ellisdon is something I have never experienced in my life. They truly care about their employees.
Pros
Support, Work/Life Balance, Career Advancement.
Cons
N/a
lack of communication from top level management.
long work hours but adequate compensation

learned technical skills

good co-workers

excellent on site managers
Pros
good managers
Cons
Management was excellent and they give good training, give us enough time for finishing our job task and very helpful collegeus. The location was awesome and office timing was also good.
EllisDon culture is work-work-work.
Management expect you to stay long hours, because you are on salary base.
Unorganize from top management to site management.

Lots of nepotism and favoritism, although they don't qualify for their roles.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours. No work-life balance. Unorganized management
No training or support provided. Hostile work environment and
dangerously lax accounting practices. I would strongly discourage individuals from seeking employment here.
EllisDon is growing and the opportunities are endless. They have an amazing Management group and the culture fosters advancement. There is an energy in the workplace that is infectious and makes you want to exceed your expectations.
Pros
Financial Compensation
EllisDon is an excellent construction company but the facilities department operates as an island and does not follow the corporate core values and principals. Innovation and expertise are shut down in FS department by a militant managing director who micromanages with no facilities management knowledge. The department is an old boys club and full of gossip.
Pros
Excellent CEO, good benefits
Cons
Wrong department head in Facilities
Ask a question about working or interviewing at EllisDon Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.