EllisDon Corporation Employee Reviews

Toxic environment and high turnover in employees
No available (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON1 August 2018
Every department in this company runs the way they feel. There is no consistency, lot of micromanagement and managing director of facilities is unpleasant to deal with. There’s no balance between work and life, they expect you to be on call 24/7. Pay is low for what their expectations are. May be a good starting point for young individuals but not recommended for long-term employment. People like to gossip about other employees and if you don’t join the club you will be out.
Pros
Ceo
Worse Job Experience in my Career-Head Office in London ON
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 June 2018
Hired for the Payroll Dept.
Unwilling to be friendly and train in a proper fashion to learn the job quickly and be part of a team.
Shallow , immature girls working in this dept that do not like new employee's coming in that have a strong payroll knowledge.
Ignored at a retirement party by this dept. Worked there 5 days only before quitting ..yes that is how bad it was!!
Beware!
Great company
Zoom Boom and Bobcat Operator general labourer. (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 June 2018
Every day was a new line of work.Worked with many trades and got to perform many different jobs.Had a great supervisor.Working around the public was alot of fun.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
Contract work.
Amazing
Contract - Project Administrator/Legal admin (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 June 2018
Have loved every minute working for this company and the people I work with! I have worked with them for a number of years and they are still keeping me employed even though the office closed as they find me valuable and what I have to offer also valuable. I'm really treated very well.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No office in my region anymore
Core values
QA/QC Manager, Civil Division (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2018
EllisDon core values are real.
CEO is great and Top Management is truly amazing.

A lot of freedom and collaboration. A lot of honesty and mutual accountability. Teams becomes family and everyone helps.
Pros
Great benefits in general
Cons
NONE so far...
construction company with lot of opportunity to learn
Planner - Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2018
construction company with lot of opportunity to learn I enjoyed working with talented professional in this company. they provided me a lots of experience
Great
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 April 2018
Great place to work great people fantastic benifits lots of things to learn and to be trained on great hours great pay just have no work right now super are awesoume to deal with safety is top of the list for them
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enogh work
Lunches were brought in frequently.
Office Manger/ Accounting (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2018
I enjoyed working for EllisDon the work was interesting and I got communicate with a lot of different employees and clients. I did make some friends that I still in contract with.
Pros
I was in charged of the office activities and fundraisers and we had fun.
Cons
I have no cons only that the job would of lasted longer.
Big company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
It was ok to work with them. I learned totally new fild for me . The management was not proffesional. Good bannefits and I met many good guys there. It was Brookfild place
Male dominated; in need of better work-life balance
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 April 2018
This company is behind in work-life balance practices. Although they keep taking steps to get better at it, like all construction companies, they have a long way to go. The word “agile” doesn’t exist in their vocabulary. Unless you are dying, you are expected to show up. Do not be late even by a second, and be prepared to stay late - expect to put in 80+hours a week more often than not.
Pros
If you are just starting your career, are male and have an engineering background, probably a good place to start. Recommend you get out after 2-3 years.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, lack of empathy.
EllisDon
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
Great company to work for. Learned a lot from upper and senior management. Ability to move around the country and into different roles was always allowed where possible.
Assistant Site Surveyor / Concrete (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2018
Overall I had a great experience at Ellis Don, I worked with a lot of great guys and I learned a lot of valuable work skills< If the opportunity ever came up to work with them again I would
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
lack of work currently
Hoist Operator
Hoist Operator (Former Employee) –  Para Casino Vancouver, B.C.15 February 2018
I really enjoyed working for Ellisdon, safe environment, friendly crew.
Hoist Operator  Prompt, efficient and safe construction hoist operations  Daily hoist inspection and documentation  Safe delivery of all materials and equipment as requested  Proficient in the operation of Boada and Oxford hoists  Safe delivery of personnel to all floors  Flying table operations experience & safety  Hoist areas housekeeping  Duties as assigned
Major Company in the Construction World
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2018
The company is well known throughout the world. I had the pleasure to work with some of the knowledgeable staff, to help me with my career. I have expanded my knowledge of construction within the time being employed with the company.
caring and joyful people to be around, helped get great work done
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greater London23 January 2018
During my time at Ellisdon, it was very joy-able coming in every morning. I learned how to scan in files as well as filing them and people there were great to work around
Pros
positive people
Cons
little work
Proven
Labourer/Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
I've worked with ED on and off now for quite awhile and they have proven themselves to be an out classed company to work with. I believe they have always had good reviews.
Energetic company/ Fun environment
Safety Officer NCSO, Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
During my time at EllisDon I had the opportunidy to excel my skills and expertise in the safety industry.
I was safety operator for this multicultural company, I was able to speak all my three languages and assist other contarctor as a translator.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Contractor / Security
Fast paced
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Do form work,set forms.They have a good work place.People working there are good,fun to work with.Repetive work gets boring.they give you all training you need and you get payed.
Management excellence
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Worked for two summers as a project coordinator. Management of the site was well maintained and tasks were easy to come by. Depends on the job site and pm though.
Good company to work for all around
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
The management here was easy to get along and work with. Met a great group of carpenters while with this company. Felt pushed at times due to unrealistic deadlines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EllisDon Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.