EllisDon Corporation Employee Reviews

Worse Job Experience in my Career-Head Office in London ON
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 June 2018
Hired for the Payroll Dept.
Unwilling to be friendly and train in a proper fashion to learn the job quickly and be part of a team.
Shallow , immature girls working in this dept that do not like new employee's coming in that have a strong payroll knowledge.
Ignored at a retirement party by this dept. Worked there 5 days only before quitting ..yes that is how bad it was!!
Beware!
Amazing
Contract - Project Administrator/Legal admin (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 June 2018
Have loved every minute working for this company and the people I work with! I have worked with them for a number of years and they are still keeping me employed even though the office closed as they find me valuable and what I have to offer also valuable. I'm really treated very well.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No office in my region anymore
Core values
QA/QC Manager, Civil Division (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2018
EllisDon core values are real.
CEO is great and Top Management is truly amazing.

A lot of freedom and collaboration. A lot of honesty and mutual accountability. Teams becomes family and everyone helps.
Pros
Great benefits in general
Cons
NONE so far...
Lunches were brought in frequently.
Office Manger/ Accounting (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2018
I enjoyed working for EllisDon the work was interesting and I got communicate with a lot of different employees and clients. I did make some friends that I still in contract with.
Pros
I was in charged of the office activities and fundraisers and we had fun.
Cons
I have no cons only that the job would of lasted longer.
Big company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
It was ok to work with them. I learned totally new fild for me . The management was not proffesional. Good bannefits and I met many good guys there. It was Brookfild place
Male dominated; in need of better work-life balance
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 April 2018
This company is behind in work-life balance practices. Although they keep taking steps to get better at it, like all construction companies, they have a long way to go. The word “agile” doesn’t exist in their vocabulary. Unless you are dying, you are expected to show up. Do not be late even by a second, and be prepared to stay late - expect to put in 80+hours a week more often than not.
Pros
If you are just starting your career, are male and have an engineering background, probably a good place to start. Recommend you get out after 2-3 years.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, lack of empathy.
EllisDon
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
Great company to work for. Learned a lot from upper and senior management. Ability to move around the country and into different roles was always allowed where possible.
Major Company in the Construction World
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2018
The company is well known throughout the world. I had the pleasure to work with some of the knowledgeable staff, to help me with my career. I have expanded my knowledge of construction within the time being employed with the company.
best place you will ever work for
Construction Craft Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
Best place you can start a career with.Large client base well respected name in the Construction industry .the company has bean around for several years and it is well managed.
Pros
respect and a good wage
Cons
nothing i can think of
Good Start in your career. More for a seasoned (5-10 plus) professional.
ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 October 2017
Pros:
If learning is your primary focus, EllisDon is where you want to be. The learning is every hour of every day. Overall, EllisDon BC branch was an very good place to work. The people and projects worked on and pursued were second to none. It's a collaborative and flatarchy corporate structure where everyone can talk to anyone if it's conducive to procuring a project.

Cons:
The pay. It's low to start and can extend for a while even if you have proved yourself and experienced moderate success. The management in place keeps wages low in order to finance project pursuits and keep their bonuses high. I can't completely blame them for doing that since I can't say 100% that I wouldn't do the same thing. However, considering the point in time I'm at in life and the production I gave, pay did not match performance. I'm afraid it's a recurring theme there.

Other than that, it was good.
Pros
Benefits and Coworkers
Cons
Low pay

Want to know more about EllisDon Corporation?

Ask a question
great company
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2017
great place to work i really learnt a lot working here and the people who i worked with were amazing. i think anyone who gets the chance to work here will definitely learn a lot
Good company
QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR - freelance (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2017
Great company to deal with. Good communication with all involved in projects. Great initiative and a get-it-done-right attitude with a high end safety protocol and excellent policy management.
Pros
Great company
Cons
seasonal
Terrible place to work if you are an injured worker
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 August 2017
I was a victim of a serious safety violation and I was seriously injured because of it. I was treated horribly when I came back just 4 months later at the beginning of December. They cant make money hiring all Union workers. There were 8 Union laborers on site with 392 private contractor workers. The site was very messy and unorganized as a result i was seriously injured. Almost lost my life.
Pros
they don't out weigh the Cons.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2017
Horrible manager to work with, Back stabber. Having no knowledge in construction. If you are knowledgeable they are your enemy and will be running behind you until you leave your job.
Reputable company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
A solid construction company and overall good place to work and build relationships. Company is way behind with its technology, tools and software to enable the employees to work effectively and efficiently.
Great Environment, Team and Company Values
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
Best company there is out there. Leading construction company in the Canadian market. Working at EllisDon provides opportunities that you would not get anywhere else.
Definitely Okay
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2017
Long hours and minimal room for advancement. Sometimes promises are made, but it takes a long time for things to actually happen.

Definitely not the worst place to work by any means. Most use it as a stepping stone to somewhere else.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
LONG hours.
Stay Away - Bad Management & Toxic Environment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Administrative Manager is all about creating high school drama, gossiping, and setting up the team & employees for failure. They are completely unprofessional and lack leadership and management skill. There is no proper feedback for employees working under them , no communication, no professional development plans, and above all NO RESPECT. They thrive on insulting others and creating rumors to stay on top of things. And of course the top management listens to them as they have been there long enough to control staff with fear and by keeping them in the dark.
Pros
The only positive thing about working there was that colleagues were supportive and respectful, also the company have good and generous benefit package.
Cons
Poor and unprofessional Management, No Respect, Toxic Environment filled with envy, jealousy, and rumors.
mismanaged
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
Expected to give all your time . No thank you's and loads of backstabbing from "boys club" as they smile to your face. On other hand the pay is great .
Pros
co workers
Cons
entire office mis managed. no info to people doing work
Knowledgable co workers
Jr. Project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
Great company to work for, with great co workers. The projects ive worked where awsome. Learned so much working with Ellisdon. My work experience gained there will definately help me in the future on other jobs.