EllisDon Corporation

EllisDon Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada183 reviews
Good place
Good place to work in general if you're able to handle the stress of high pace construction. Pay was good, yearly bonuses for salary staff were modest but reasonable.
Management was poorly ran
The foreman's yelled and belittle the labours on there sites. The Labourers were to did not say anything because if they did they would be fired. Not a good place to work for some labourers.
Poorly managed.
No assistance they preach safety but don’t supply the equipment to work safely No communication under qualified people in roles they have no buisness bieng in I’m leaving this job because I worry about the shortcuts causeing someone there life and I will not be held responsible for there corner cutting ethics when it causes some one to loose there life
Experience at EllisDon
During my team at EllisDon, it was honestly the best 4 years. Coming in as a co-op than coming back as contract in which transitioned to full time.

I've learned so much during my time there starting from learning the basics such as Active Directory, using the ticketing system. From there i've learning more on my path as to dealing with hardware issues (Windows machines & Macs), making documentation for the user experience, work with multiple vendors on getting hardware items for the company, being cost efficient during the whole process, working on asset management, change management and much more i can go on about.

A typical day for me during my time was me coming into the office, settling in and getting ready to help the users with our full 100% support. When working with a construction company, they usually get a lot of new projects in which builds up to being busy. Within Ellisdon, that was a good thing because that means vendors rely on us on what needs to get completed.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the day to day tasks as to a point it would get so busy we would feel that we would have to multi-task on alot of projects to help support the business. Whenever EllisDon hires more people, that means more of a workload for user to make sure we provide the best user experience.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my fellow teammates/colleagues as we all try to help each other out as much as possible. Also, we always learn from one another so that we can use that knowledge for future projects etc. Along with that, i enjoyed
 - more...
Good Company
Ellis Don is the good company to work and they have lots of work in Canada. EllisDon using best project management system to control their construction projects.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
lots of employees, so its hard to convey our message to higher managements.
Fast-paced job with regular days that feel short
Ellis Don has great workers and management that make it easy to feel comfortable in your work environment. As a construction job there are stressful days but most people are easy-going and relaxed so long as you get your work done and can adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Pros
Scheduled breaks, Team environment, regular hours, great pay rates
Cons
daily duties are constantly changing as things change or go wrong
Excellent Company
EllisDon is a great company to work with. Great company benefit include company shares,profit sharing and dividends. 3-5 week paid vacation. The salary is fair enough.
good crew to work wit
good crew but would be nice to have a better option to do shift work
they had busing to location but would of been nice to have more pick up locations
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EllisDon Corporation?
Excellent company
Excellent work place, collaborative, coaching and mentor ship available. Respectful environment, support for all employees, entrepreneur available. Good place to work
Excellent placement for a summer student.
I really enjoyed spending the summer as a Project- Coordinator for EllisDon. The company gives a great deal of responsibility in their summer students and ensures you make the most of your placement.
A lot of experience
Very busy, and very engaging, but slow to grow within and poor culture and management. Poor work-life balance - they expect you to love the company more than your family.
Fast pased work enviroment with hot conditions
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment in the early morning. The work is hot with the sun beating down on you. so be sure to bring lots of water.
Good work environment
always celebrating public and special occasions, inviting all employee
Remote projects celebrate at location with project team . For example going to a restaurant near by
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
each has the time off assigned to his/her
Productive and Fun Place to work at
Typical day at work was 70% site work and 30% office work
Learned - Teamwork, construction planning, traffic control plans

Very good team culture with team lunches
Good
It was overall a good company to work for. If you are in the right circle you will advance faster then others but otherwise there was possibility for advancements.
Lots of Opportunity to Build Large Projects
Learned a great deal of construction knowledge, focus was on large construction projects, but changed as market shifted. Opportunity to travel within company/relocate.
Pros
Large Projects - Diverse Experience
Cons
Travel
Fast paced construction
The hours worked in the good weather portion of the year is typical of the construction industry.
All team members are super nice and very helpful.

Supervision is willing to listen.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
long hours in summer
Great Place to work and advance your career
Great place to accelerate your career
Work-life balance is achievable, but you need to stand your ground

Reasonable Management, willing to listen to concern/plans for improvement.
Difficult culture
They were competitive, closed and many political games were played. Internally focused and no information sharing. Expected you to read management mind instead of clearly stating expectations
Professional Organization, Great working environment
World-leading construction and building services company that completes projects, in every market sector and across the globe. On a typical day i would conducted mechanical estimating for commercial and industrial buildings including HVAC systems, fire protection, plumbing and duct work.
EllisDon
EllisDon is a world-leading construction and building services company that completes in excess of $4 billion worth of contracts annually, in every market sector and across the globe. Over the last 65 years, we’ve grown from being a general contractor to a multi-faceted company that can deliver any aspect of a project.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at EllisDon Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.