Elliott Coach Lines Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Pay sucks
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 September 2017
The bus industry must change it is still back when farmers wives drive bus the wages have not changed this is 2017 not 1969
If something is not done soon there is going to be a major accident with school bus the wages have to change no one coming in the door as far as elliots great company
Goosip
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 August 2017
Very poorly run.

Staff and magagers dont even drive a Bus or have a lic B. Make you do things as a driver that is not proffenionall . Never get extra hours only given to favorite employees. Goosip is horrable . Managers also goosip about there drivers. So not proffestional. Company Awful. I belive not all companys are the same. Shop around other very good Transportantion companys are hiring all the time.
Pros
Left alone not mirco managed
Cons
Goosip. Heavey goosip with office staff
Amazing opportunity - Change is good and we are going first!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellington, ON6 July 2017
Doing the very best we can to be a first in class School Bus Company. Our Number one concern is always safety.
I have learned how important of a job it is to be a school bus driver.
You are not micro managed and you are able to take ownership of your job. Great group of people, who all have the same goal. Changing with the times and helping people grow in their positions.
the hardest part of my day is how fast it goes by. The most enjoyable is when I hear a great story from someone who made a difference for someone else.
Pros
Group activities, summer hours flexibility, amazing family!
Cons
Snow :)
Focus on bottom line over driver safety.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 March 2017
Company willing to pass blame for poorly maintained vehicles onto the drivers rather than taking responsibility. Gossip circles cause tension in the workplace and led to my leaving the company.
Pros
Driving a bus is fun!
Cons
Low wages, lots of unpaid work and responsibilities.
Excellent Management team - low pay
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 July 2016
This company has an excellent management and dispatch team who are willing and able to help accommodate anything and everything. Great work culture and a good group of people. They will help you get your BZ license for free as long as you give them one full year of work. Well worth it. The pay and hours are a bit of an issue. Great for retired person but not anyone who is trying to work two jobs or more.

Bus drivers transport the most precious of cargo and need to be excellent, alert drivers. This is constantly told to the drivers but is not reflected in their pay. Nowadays, you will have to be EXTREMELY careful around children as they will complain about drivers whenever they can. With the advent of cell phones etc, you are best to keep to yourself and not engage too much as it can be read the wrong way.

Also, in the winter months they will expect you to drive in horrible weather that is unsafe. You can refuse to drive, but you will be pressured as there is not a lot of back up. This does not reflect on the local management as they are just upholding a decision made by the higher up. The decision on whether or not buses are running is an arbitrary one and at the discretion of one person who does not actually drive a bus. Be wary of that.

Again, this job is great if you are retired or have young children.
Pros
Great management team
It's All A Game
Driver (Current Employee) –  Breslau, ON23 February 2016
Working for this company or any other school bus company is all a game. They pretend to take you seriously so you don't quit because for every 10 people that quit (always for good reason), they can only hire .5 people. Yes, I said 0.5 people. This is true for ALL the school bus companies. Parents are cruel and don't parent and expect the bus driver to sort their problems for them. They get mad at you, threaten you and try to get you fired because you're doing your job which is driving the bus and not pulling over every 2 minutes to break up a fight which results in the traffic behind you losing their minds because you're stopped and then a whole other type of He11 starts. They don't do this to a City Bus, but they will to a school bus and all with children 12 and under on it! Tells you what kind of society you live in where a bus driver is expected to keep angry people from boarding the bus when there's a emergency latch on the outside which gains them instant access to the bus. Drivers have NO physical protections and they often go home angry, upset and stressed to the max.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Highly abusive and stressful job
Family environment
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON18 August 2015
Management is very easy to talk to and genuinely try to resolve any issues that you bring to them. All those in management have done your job before and quite often still do.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Pay
A very convenient job
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Breuslau ON.4 August 2014
A typical day at work
- Checking bus and getting it started and then driving kids to and from school.

What you learned
- I learned good time management skills.

- Very effective management.

Your co-workers
- Only saw co-workers every now and then and they where pleasant people.

The hardest part of the job
- The bad whether.

The most enjoyable part of the job
- Always moving around.
Pros
Get the summer off
Cons
No benefits / low wage
Fun workplace
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 January 2013
Excellent schedule, worked perfectly for myself and my kids. I was able to take them with me on the job rather than worrying about daycare expenses. Management was great and very understanding with any issues that arised. Great team to work with!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elliott Coach Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

Elliott Coach Lines Reviews by Location