Elk Island Public Schools Employee Review

View all Elk Island Public Schools reviews

I love working here
Noon Hour Supervisor, Sherwood Park (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 June 2017
I prepare the milk list, help the students stay quiet during lunch, walk around the playground and make sure the students are playing safe. The other supervisors are supportive, helpful and cheerful. The manager is the example of being supportive, helpful and cheerful! The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job is the students. They want to push some rules and as a supervisor I need to encourage the rules. But they love to have someone to talk to and they want to be good!
Pros
Good Pay

Other Elk Island Public Schools Employee Reviews

Most distracted driving job possible
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 May 2018
Too much responsibility and not enough back up from administration; most kids are really good; some have no respect for anyone; have to be able to monitor all children on the bus plus keep your eyes on the road - impossible task, especially if someone is acting up; must be able to drive in adverse weather condition; paid for 181 days a year at about $75 per day; split shift so you can do other things in between
Pros
morning & afternoon split shift
Cons
driving in adverse weather
No Appreciation on Cleaning side of the school
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 February 2018
I was a custodian in one of the schools of Elk Island Public School and for those times I worked for them I can say that I did not feel any appreciation at all from the management (principal, vice principal, head office). I did not know and was confused what could exactly make them happy the fact that the school is so big to clean. They keep on complaining more than seeing the good sides. No recognition and they can only see the faults of the custodians but never asked how were we doing as employees who keep their school clean and safe. It was a very hard job and I know that I and the rest of my co custodians really did our very best to keep the school clean but I ended up giving up my job because I was not happy at all with the management.
Also the pay was not good for a very hard job.
Pros
some of my friend teachers in that school are appreciative
Cons
Too many inspection and pressure in a month.