Elk Island Public Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
No Appreciation on Cleaning side of the school
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 February 2018
I was a custodian in one of the schools of Elk Island Public School and for those times I worked for them I can say that I did not feel any appreciation at all from the management (principal, vice principal, head office). I did not know and was confused what could exactly make them happy the fact that the school is so big to clean. They keep on complaining more than seeing the good sides. No recognition and they can only see the faults of the custodians but never asked how were we doing as employees who keep their school clean and safe. It was a very hard job and I know that I and the rest of my co custodians really did our very best to keep the school clean but I ended up giving up my job because I was not happy at all with the management.
Also the pay was not good for a very hard job.
Pros
some of my friend teachers in that school are appreciative
Cons
Too many inspection and pressure in a month.
I love working here
Noon Hour Supervisor, Sherwood Park (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 June 2017
I prepare the milk list, help the students stay quiet during lunch, walk around the playground and make sure the students are playing safe. The other supervisors are supportive, helpful and cheerful. The manager is the example of being supportive, helpful and cheerful! The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job is the students. They want to push some rules and as a supervisor I need to encourage the rules. But they love to have someone to talk to and they want to be good!
Pros
Good Pay
Educational Assistant
Special Needs Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2016
Although I was very excited to be leaving for maternity leave, I was so sad to be leaving my school!

I loved that job and my school and my students and co workers!

FANTASTIC place to work!
Pros
Amazing support for staff and students
Cons
I had to leave due to maternity leave
Friendly people. Ever changing principals.
Subtitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 September 2015
Co-workers were friendly. There's an under representation of ethnic minorities in the students and staff, it can be a red neck place to work depending on the school. Good place to work if you can get a teaching position.
Love supervising the Kindergarten class
Noon Hour Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 November 2014
I arrive to supervise the children while they eat their lunch and then we go out to the playground. The hardest part of my day is taking them to the playground in winter.
Very professional and enjoyed educating students about business and law
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 February 2013
Teaching students, planning for lessons and marking exams and assignments.
Research current events and careers in business and current events related to business and law in the news.
Fast paced, constant need to learn and be creative developing plans and working with other staff in regard to administrative and collaborative endeavours.
A must is being able to multitask.
Pros
professional work environment
Cons
lack of full-time jobs and job stability