Elite Educational Institute

Elite Educational Institute Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Great place to pick up some work in-between a busy schedule. If you read the materials ahead of time and invest in becoming familiar with the class structure, you can find a lot of time to make a big difference in the learning of your students. Co-workers will help you out, though collaboration isn't facilitated. Communicate with the admin staff once you've shown you can be reliable and you will find opportunities to personalize your class to the student's needs.
I worked for Elite for a year and I would have to say it is pretty much a Mickey Mouse organization. When I worked there, I did not get many hours and the work schedule was not regular and consistent. Also, the manager asked me if I could continue working there and promised to wait for my response before making a decision to hire another teacher. Unfortunately, the manager was trigger happy and made the decision before I could get a chance to reply to the email.

The teachers at Elite are severely underpaid and are expected to do a lot of work for their lowball salaries. I would not recommend anyone to work at this school, unless they don't care about their salaries.
Elite is the most professional and comfortable school I've ever been in. I like the supportive working environment, they always have a lot of teaching materials for you to consult with. and all the colleagues are friendly and helpful. I will never leave this school.
Elite has a great work environment where you get to meet lots of dedicated students and learn great interpersonal skills. There's a big emphasis on professionalism in the classroom, and the support staff are very helpful.
Elite is a solid after school prep college. The management is the best part of the job. The worst part, as with any such industry, is the insecurity of hours. The changing enrollment controls the number of classes.
The curriculum is well developed, but could use some improvement.
Pros
Management and staff are helpful and reliable
Cons
Curriculum needs better development
good opportunity for new grads and teachers working towards the teaching certificate,professional teaching staff
well developed materials; the workload is extremely overwhelming and parents are not always cooperative; work culture quite is quite intense
Pros
good teaching materials
Cons
too busy, irregular work hours, overwhelming workload
Good company and experience as a start of the career, if you can handle fast spaced environment and stress, as well as afternoon to late evening office hour.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Late office hour
Most teaching jobs are part-time during evenings and weekends, making these jobs most suitable for teachers who are in school or just want a side job. Elite staff works hard to adjust the schedule to suit teachers as well as students. Teachers can take time off to complete a thesis or study for Bar exams without losing their jobs. Students are encouraged to work and improve with a focus on skills development and not just test scores. Classes are small (under 6 students) to allow for individualized attention.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Working Saturdays
working at Elite is a good experience, and I am glad that I have the chance to help students with my knowledge and skills. This position also provides me with a chance to enhance my communication skills and interpersonal skills.
A good place to learn how to communicate with kids and parents. Nice co-workers, blended cultures. Time arrangement of the team is a little bit messy. Often has no time to eat. Overall is good.
Pros
High pay rate
I have worked at Elite Vancouver for years. The pay is very good for this kind of work. The management are very kind and willing to work around your schedule. It's a great opportunity to teach English in other capacities besides strictly ESL.
Pros
Good hourly pay, flexible hours, good atmosphere
Cons
Part time only, no benefits
Fast paced multitasking environment and educated work place. Studied a lot there and build solid work ethic and strong admin/office skills. A typical day at Elite will be fast and busy. Preparing coffee and tea and setting up the classrooms for the day;welcoming visiting students and parents and conducting tests and consultation; preparing daily material for students and instructors; answering phone calls and handling payments; end of day bookkeeping.There will also some other assignments like weekly learning workshop which everyone working at the campus take turns to give presentation reviewing the industry update. It's a very challenging work there, which multitasking skills really matter! Not only require fast and accurate, but also require pay attention to details and strong organizing skills and team works.
Pros
team work and fast paced working environment
Cons
work hour 1-8:30 and Saturdays
Elite Canada runs very well. Staff are well trained and organized. They truly care for the students. Teachers are well prepared and they teach with well established curriculum and material.
Pros
Nice campus, friendly coworkers
Cons
Work hours