Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,953 reviews

respectful culture

very good place to work, good benefits and career growth opportunities. Good strategy for future and strong positioning Diverse work environment good health benefits

Overall Good

Only a few select people move up, mostly because they have a network so hard work doesn't always pay off. Great company culture. Competitive environment as well, sales rep are often more likely to transition to home office than the other way around.

Insights into Eli Lilly

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good Internship Experience

It was a good internship that allowed me to get a feel for the pharmaceutical industry. I had a chance to learn first hand from experts in the field in order to get an all encompassed experience of the industry

They recognize achievement and good collaboration

Overall an excellent place to work if you are in the right disease areas. Pharma happens when patents expire and changing priorities happen but it has a wonderful culture that fosters learning.

Great people culture, be patient regarding career advancement

Started my career there and really was able to be exposed to all kinds of different functions early on. This gave me the appetite for R&D as well as commercial functions. Career advancement however, could be slow and for type-As like me, it can be difficult to wait for the right opportunity. That's why I ended up leaving.

Pros

people, culture, products

Cons

career advancement

Great Place to Work

Although I was laid off from Lilly due to shifting work to the US company, I did enjoy my time there. I was made to feel welcomed immediately and the culture was very open and relaxed. I was well trained and mentored by my colleagues. My manager was very flexible and supportive. She did not micro manage us, she treated the team with respect. The negative part of Lilly is the influence of the US office as they held the strings and shifted many jobs from Canada to US, thus leaving my entire team unemployed.

Pros

Cons

US Office

Patient Focused Approach

Very passionate and mature team, who's focus on patient care is second to none. Leader in providing solutions in Diabetes Care and other disease states.

Nice office and nice people

You can spend many years without getting a chance to move on, not much opportunity to advance. There are limited benefits to employees compared to other companies

productive

• Organized and planed for a product-launch • Prepared a launch and pre-launch plan and organized activities including advisory boards, according to company’s guidelines. • Developed and planed a re-launch campaign by focusing on a specific indication of the product in Women’s Health • Managed different projects to build company’s image as a leader in diabetes market

Great place to work. The work life balance makes it a wonderful environment. The freedom to work from home whenever needed was incredible for morale.

Productive, fun culture

Team filled with fun and highly productive individuals. Managers foster growth and development. Strong work-life balance.

Great

I liked this organization. They were very disciplined and focsed. I learned a lot about good work ethic and performnce

Best job I've had

Lilly has the best work environment. They expect a lot out of their people but they give a lot in return. They have fantastic facilities and put a focus on work/life balance. The only downside is that, as a huge international corporation, a lot of their marching orders come from the US, and can negatively affect their subsidiaries.

Pros

great work environment, great co workers

Cons

Job security

good work with great people

Unique environment where you accomplish good things with great people.

A nice place to work

-Not a busy typical work day - Pharmaceutical industry market and risks - Management is highly professional, open and honest, easy to communicate with. - My co workers are nice people always helpful.

Productive workplace that values its employees

Supportive management Flexible working hours Values Innovation Developed extensive skills in process improvement and change management

Great people to work with

Good core values and a very customer focused company.Always giving back in to the community. Big supporter of the United Way Campaign.

Pros

included in all extra cirricular activities

Cons

can't think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement