Elgie Bus Lines

Elgie Bus Lines Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Management doesn't like their job. They are quick to point fingers. They get annoyed easily by staff issues. They don't show compassion for sick days and make the employee feel guilty.
Management bullies the drivers and office staff. Yells and screams at workers. Lies to HR, higher management and head office. Any conflict and management is ready to pull you from your run. Even when proven your not in the wrong. Lack of respect,.
Pros
Great drivers
Cons
I feel this company my home, I hope it was a full time job. Best management. Continuance training, Everybody goes by roles to keep children, and how are on the road safe.
Drive morning and afternoon school bus. Learned its not as easy as it seems to drive a school bus full of kids. Management was good they were there when you needed them. The hardest part of the job was having to have eyes everywhere on the road with traffic and on the kids on the bus. The most enjoyable part was the thanks you received from the kids and their parents.
Pros
having weekends and summers off
Cons
at the time we were not paid for the responsability of all the kids safety
My time at Elgie was not enjoyable. Office personnel were not working together. got different answers to the same question from different people. Working with grade school students was enjoyable.
stressfull to fact to many conflicting direction in orders too many people giving orders.. never knew who to listen to ... too many bosses in my opinion.
Great place for retired people or stay at home moms 10 months of the year minimum 3.5 hours chance for more hours with trips,great co workers kids are great
Everyone is great. The management listen to you and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. The pay should be higher as we have a responsibility to make sure the precious charges are delivered safely
Elgie is a great place to work, great people to work with. You meet all parents and their children every morning and after school,I have learned lots about the construction and different things that happen on a daily basis, ie road closures, detours, delays. Hardest part of the day, finding a road or street that isn;t closed, that's frustrating, I had the great pleasure of seeing happy faces every morning!!!
Good work environment. Great for stay at home mom or dads. Good training and supportive staff. Felt like you were part of a work family. Could improve on wage.
Good work for those looking to supplement income , not intended for those looking for a high wage, job does not pay well but has its benefits of creating great repors with parents and school staff.
Pros
Learning to drive a larger vehicle
Cons
Low pay
The yards are very cold in the winter, but the office is always full of welcoming friendly people.
I normally was responsible to ensure safe transport to and from school. I also did charter runs for schools and other facilities as well. I had limited contact with coworkers as it was a driving position but they were a good bunch. The hardest part was driving in bad weather conditions and sometimes dealing with parents. The best part was the relationships that I built with the students. I also really liked the interactions with charters when the customer was pleased with my services.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Difficult to get full time work. Ultimately the reason I left was for another job that was full time
I really enjoyed working for Elgie Bus Lines, very flexable, great management staff, and excellent in house training.
Designated runs are the best but you can be a spare driver or just do charters. The management treats you fair and you become part of the family. The hardest part is the noise of your kids on the bus and the weather conditions you have to drive in at times. The best part is getting to know the kids...they make me smile everyday!!
Pros
no weekends or holidays
Cons
not paid alot of money