Elemental Data Collection Employee Reviews

Stay away.
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  170 Laurier14 May 2019
This job is horrible. People quit every day and now I know why. The job is very demeaning and unless you have an extremely positive attitude or you can disregard others opinion on you then this is the job for you.
Poor work environment
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2019
Instead of helping you when you're struggling, they tell you one of a few things that are clearly just repeated from some manual.
HR doesn't care about you, or you're mental health.
There's no benefits for actually doing good.
They're the perfect example of a company that doesn't care about they're employees, and only cares about money.
Cons
Tedious, strict
Not a god place to work at
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 April 2019
I worked there for about three weeks and when I quit they refused to pay me. It's been about 3 months now and still no pay. I believe that it has something to do with the contract they make you sign. If you haven't worked there for at least 3 shifts you won't get paid. This job is soul-crushing, please for your mental health and well-being DO NOT apply for this job.No matter how desperate you are.
A complete mess
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2019
If you're comfortable working in a 3x3 foot cubical knee to knee with your employees, belittlement, as well as having hours that aren't guaranteed and very little hours at that, then this may be the job for you. For the average person who has self respect that wants to work in a healthy work environment however, stay away. Only professional thing was the initial interview and orientation, she was great.
Pros
Might appeal to people who have to sit when working
Cons
Unsupportive, condescending mangement, over staffed, zero job security, minimum wage, scarce hours, disrespectful team leaders.
Decent workplace
call center representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 March 2019
Hours are not flexible, there was not a most enjoyable part, management is sup bar at best. Typical day was higher ups yelling at employees. Did not enjoy this place one bit, also no job security
Pros
Cons
long hours, not flexible
Not enough hours
Market Researcher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2019
Worked 21 hours in my first week and immediately after they started to cancel one shift after another. Would not recommend if you need to pay bills or rent
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Repetitive
Horrible place to work,
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2019
They take money off your first cheque, always cancel your shifts but are looking for people. They send people home during shifts if you call in sick you get in trouble even though they cancel all your shifts, regardless. Good luck on getting a first cheque you'll be waiting a month 1/2 like me
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
N.A
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2019
Overall good work experience. I liked the atmosphere of the fellow employees and the managers of the job. Good work environment, and good area to work.
Worst workplace in town
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2019
One 2 words for people applying there : GOOD LUCK!
They have the most disrespectful team leaders/supervisors. Respect is a myth there, to be honest.They are the most unorganized company ever. I dare you to tell them you won't come in and they'll consider you simply did not show up with no reason and threaten to fire you (which they'll never do simply cause dozens of people resign every week, the company is always in desperate need of employees. Reason why you're seeing a hiring post from them).

The job in itself can be okay but the environment makes it worse. There's literally zero thing to enjoy about the place/job, just a bunch of humans making your job way harder than it already is.

The job is simply not worth your time unless you really are in desperate and urgent need of money.
Pros
Cons
disrespectful staff, tough work
Unprofessional
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 February 2019
They will give you little to no training. They will throw you on a computer and expect of you to succeed and will be shocked when you don't pass the expectations. The atmosphere is disgusting, they will seem strict about their rules, but don't care when they are broken (No scent rule is broken daily, also by one of the supervisor with his B.O.). They are disrespectful and will not respect your availability hours. You are barely rewarded when you surpass expectations and when you don't quite reach them, they will target you in front of everyone. They do not tell you how to reach them in case of emergency or when you want to call in sick. They will not show you the emergency exit, or where the first aid kit is kept. THEY TELL YOU NOTHING AND GET MAD WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Pros
Manage your voice control
Cons
Create work anxiety
stressful
Call center operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2019
Not the best place to work. great co-workers though. it feels like you are stuck in high school, they cancel shifts a lot, without giving you an early notice
it's okay
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2019
tbh the reason this place is still in business is due to the fact that it does not do criminal background checks. So the person sitting beside you could be anyone. Good and bad, as it's a good place for people who have no option to work.
garbage
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2019
stay away from this place it is mental slavery, you will receive headaches from hearing the beeping noise on the headset machine and you will hate yourself for bothering citizens on their time off to talk to them about mindless surveys. Avoid this place!
tres bon
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2019
un lieu de travail normal , culture du lieu de travail toujours dans le respect du client
Horrible place to work RUN AWAY DON'T APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2019
I worked there less then 4 months and the management team is a joke. The job itself is EXACTLY THIS, sitting around for 8 hours auto calling people and asking them to take surveys. If the bosses like you it is because you have made your quotas consistently. Once that happens you may be moved to a different "contract" which means a different shift with more hours but this time you are auto calling fortune 500 companies to make sure the have sent in the proper reports. Sounds great but believe me when I tell you, working there gave me panic attacks. I was terrified I wouldn't make quotas or get passed the "Gate Keeper" for these fortune 500 companies. The stress of this job is not worth it, since it is only 14. an hour mind you no amount of money makes this place work it .
AGAIN RUN AWAY DON'T APPLY
Cons
Ifyou have bills to pay, this is not the job for you!
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2019
I’ve been working at Elemental for about 2 weeks now. So far i’ve had 3 out of my 4 weekly shifts. My first shift going there which was supposed to be “trainning” didn’t really happen I was told to watch a video then take quizzes. The quizzes were about “safety in a workplace etc.” Anyways after that they put me on the phone and basically just left me there. I had no idea where to read, what to say and how to proceed. I asked for help but they didn’t help me at all. A couple of hours later before my shift is supposed to end I am asked to leave early because I didn’t meet the “quota”.
They haven’t told me about the quota earlier when i started. I have barely made money (only about like $70
So far and thats basically nothing)
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Supervisors are not helpful at all
Its a job
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2019
not a very enthusiastic work environment. very discouraging responses from respondents. very repetitive tasks. Very few management staff compared to workers.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
repetitive work
Repetitive Desk Job ... not for everybody
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2018
On my first day, I was asked to do over time last minute to meet a quota. I started at 12 pm and was supposed to finish at 7 pm. I went home around 9:30 pm. After being cursed at by people I don't even know because I was interrupting their time off (and I don't blame them, really) it was frustrating having to be one of the people they ask literally an hour before your shift is supposed to end. I feel like they take advantage of the fact that they know you're new, so you're less likely to refuse because it would look bad if you do.

You're supposed to call people and "ask about their opinions", but often you end up calling them at the most inconvenient times which makes you feel like a bother. You sit in a little cubicle all day which makes it hard to talk and get to know the other people you work with (which isn't so important but it would be nice if it wasn't so awkward in the break room, since there isn't really anywhere else to go during break). I've seen some employees pick on the new hires just because they're not used to the work yet or because they have an accent/trouble pronouncing certain words.

I would say the only good thing about this job is that you personally get to pick your shifts. But even then, you're not guaranteed of being scheduled to come in. The first two weeks I was hired, I wasn't scheduled in, but then all the sudden they get you to come in for all the shifts that you put in the next week. It was inconsistent since they tend to give priority for people who've worked there longer. Management was nice, but I felt like they literally just give you
  more... a script to read and hand you a phone and then pick at the mistakes you've made, all the while not even knowing you've made one.

Overall, I don't recommend working here. Like at all.
Pros
You get to choose your own shifts
Cons
People on the phone can be really mean, making you feel horrible about yourself
Soul-crushing and mentally draining
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2018
Don't do it. You prey upon people for responses for surveys that go way too long for any reasonable person to hold their attention span. You also get "demerits" for not hitting your survey quota, and yelled at if you talk to someone next to you, even if none of you are on a call.
Easy
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 November 2018
I go in, get told what survey i'm doing, call people, read a script, go home. People complain but they obviously don't even try to work. I've worked in a lot of call centres and its all the same. It can be repetitive but if you actually try it goes by fast.

They always post jobs internally so there are options for other jobs.

Management is fine but they get stressed by the people who just fool around and don't work.
Pros
easy work, part time, advancement
Cons
minimum wage, cancelled shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elemental Data Collection. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6