Element Hair Employee Reviews

Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 October 2018
Having worked at other salons over the years I am more than capable to make a decent comparison. Friendly staff, great bosses and an amazing atmosphere. Outstanding clientele and an insane amount of support when it comes to mastering the craft and continued education. The owners are actually there daily running the business and are very open to any comments and concerns . And will turn on a dime to help each employee when brought to there attention !
poor criticism daily. knock you down
Level 1 Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 September 2018
management knocks you down, stares at you all day, micromanages everything you do, doesn't trust you. You have to ask for pay...basically beg. They treat you like a slave and a child. A revolving door where no one wants to work/
Pros
you get paid eventually
Cons
everything else
Official response from Element Hair
10 October 2018

This is completely false Cassidy Rae. As you were an apprentice learning the craft we are required by the Ontario College of Trades to monitor your work and most important for the guests trusting us, and the well being of the valued family of Element Hair. We strive for excellent work. We have many happy members of the family happy to be here. It is a bustling environment. As for pay, we have a biweekly pay period which we have never deviated from.

Note to Indeed. You should be more diligent in what gets posted here.

Really awesome and fun people to work with! A very supportive and healthy environment!
Assistant/Apprentice (Current Employee) –  The Boardwalk Waterloo On13 August 2015
I've been at Element for almost 2 months now and I can honestly say that I love my job! I work with amazing people that in a very short time have become my best friends! We support one another and each other's careers. I'm an assistant/apprentice and I look up very much to my coworkers. They always try to include me in their services (consultations, colour formulating) to allow me to learn and gain experience! Everyone is not only extremely talented but also really friendly. Kim and Lance, (directors) truly care about us as their employees.. I look up to them very much. They always find new ways to help us grow in our industry. I love what I do and what better people to do it with!
Pros
We get lots of training to allow us to grow in our careers.
Cons
No Cons!!
Fun, Education based, Very current on trends/techniques
Hairstylist/esthetician (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 August 2015
I love working at Element, everyone gets along well and Lance and Kim are very fun owners who both do hair in the salon and have been in the industry for a very long time which makes a huge difference! They are very education oriented so you will never stop learning and building/improving your skills. We love our clients!! There is a wide range of clientele that comes to element so you get the chance to work on all types/styles of services.
Pros
Education, atmosphere, clientele, opportunities, work space
Cons
30 min lunches?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Element Hair. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2