Element Fleet Management Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with great people
Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 June 2019
- Client facing role
- Developed presentation skills
- Created dashboards using PowerBI
- Learned technical skills e.g., VBA, SQL
- Exposure to many departments
- Communicating to all management levels
It's only about the numbers
Vehicle Maintenance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2019
I worked for this company for 7.5 years; within my first year of working for the fleet company, it was purchased by Element. The first year was the best year I ever had working. The second year was still good but not as great, which was expected.
By the time I left Element my work load had more than tripled; I had been on stress leave once and was in the middle of a disability claim to have work reduced due to stress and anxiety, which causes my CNS disorder to flare. They denied the claim stating that my doctor missed the information, even though I have the written documentation stating from my doctor, on a form that Element had requested my doctor and I fill out, that I have these health issues. They lied to me and said the information was not there, when it was. This was over a 2 - almost 3 year battle with the HR department, and my manager. I was offered to go on short term disability, even though I was still capable of working, so I refused because I only required a reduction in my work.
HR told us to "be happy we have a job" and did nothing to better our mental and physical health.
As my health deteriorated, I was terminated because I could not perform my duties as I had before they tripled my work (and you only get a raise if you perform).
During my time at Element I had FIVE managers, multiple supervisors (so many I can't count), 4-6 CEO changes which I lost count of because no one seemed to be able to pull the company together.
As the company grew, the employee benefits and salaries suffered. This caused multiple employees, who had been with the company for
  more... years, to resign. New employees were still not sure of their job roles after nine months of working, or they also resigned due to the lack of communication, leadership and opportunity for advancement.
The only good thing this company ever did for me, was terminate me with a package.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, majority of employees feel the way you do so most everyone gets along.
Cons
Expensive benefits, little room for advancement, you are only a number & not a person.
Fabulous
Tax Accountant - Save Tax Solutions, Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2019
Very calm and cheerful environment. Team mates are great. Very supportive. Good company to work with. Toastmaster club is very helpful to get along with other company people.
Employees were overworked
LICENSING CONSULTANT, COMPANY (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON6 March 2019
In a typical day there was more to do than there was time in the day.
I learned to speak up for my self.
Some management did not want want to acknowledge employees concerns.
There was a culture of distrust among some employees, everyone overworking to keep there jobs.
The hardest part of the job, was getting recognition from managers that one was doing their best with the resources available.
The employees were great to work with.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
long hours, too much duties to complete each day.
very productive work place
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2019
element was fun, laid back, very wonderful ladies to work with, wonderful clients too to deal with for fleet vehicle's, work hours are very decent, location is near yellowhead
Nice place to work.. have ping pong table
Partner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2019
Nice place to work, not much work/life balance. Managers are supportive and reachable. Pingpong and foosball table in the lunch room; free lunches every other month
Growing organization
Internal Audit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
New leadership that will help to grow the company and its employees.

Offices in Toronto, Mississauga, Sparks Maryland, Eden Prairie Minnesota, Mexico City and Sidney Australia
Great people to work with
Fleet Partnership Solutions National Partner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2018
The people are great that work here. The managers are understanding as well and very helpful. You get to learn a lot about the fleet industry and the company provides you with all the necessary tools to learn. The hardest part of the job is the capacity and volume of work.
Great for a new grad but not long term
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2018
This company is undergoing many changes and none of them are actually increasing employee morale. Benefits are poor, merit increases have been frozen, people have quit and roles are hardly back-filled. It's great to gain experience as a new grad but usually the young ones leave because the company can't afford to retain them. The people can be great but it's hard to get them to enjoy working here when it's been going downhill ever since companies have merged.
productive environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
it was good place for work fun culture and environment
enjoyed the time spent there and learned a lot of transferrable skills
at times the work load was heavy
Terrible management/training structure in place currently
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2018
When I was hired, it took over 3 weeks to get my login credentials for most of the systems that are used for your day to day job responsibilities. No training by management/HR was set-up, was more of a learn as you go style which was tough having no prior fleet experience. The employees were awesome to work with, which made it bearable to come in to work each day. Other than that, pretty much all negative unfortunately.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No leadership, no aim or direction on what to do
Brutal place to work
National Remarketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Employees mean nothing. Management is consistently chasing their tails and looking out for number one. Loyalty and hard work mean nothing.
Pros
Geat people.
Cons
Horrible management.
work
Licensing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2017
Great company to work for, they pay well and the benefits are great. they really care about the employee's well being both physically and mentally
Productive Workplace
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 March 2016
Productive Workplace with a diverse culture of employees. Work Life Balance is good. Company does present good initiatives to acknowledge and recognize employees positive contribution to the company's goals.
Element Fleet Management
Service Card Coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON13 January 2016
I was very fullfilled in my field at Element Fleet Management and enjoyed working each day at the company. I worked very well with my peers and learned from them as well. I found it very rewarding to work with the clients on an every day basis. When a complaint came in I worked very diligent with the client to resolve the problem and to make a plan for it not to be repeated. My most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing the clients. I would always going in with a postive attitude and to see the clients satisfied was a goal for me each day at work. Each day the job kept me very busy and I thrived on being busy.
Pros
The company provided free lunches very frequently.
good place to work at
New Business Activation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario31 March 2015
I have been in several roles working at Element and have learned a lot about Fleet Managements, the Element products and services, implementation processes. People I work with are great and have a positive attitude.
Corporate to the T.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2015
Grey, modern, open and glass. These 4 things stick out to you about the workplace. Definition of the new corporate look. YMMV.