Electronic Systems Employee Reviews

Virginia Beach VAR only focused on small markets of Virginia Beach and Richmond. No commitment to DC/Baltimore
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VA15 April 2018
ESI had no interest in the DC/Baltimore market. They closed both offices in Tyson's Corner and Elk Ridge, MD yet they still advertised on their website that they had offices in those locations and they covered MD, DC and Northern, VA. They have one Sales person in the whole Baltimore/DC market despite it being the largest market they serve by far. They have eleven sales reps in Virginia Beach. All solution architects and professional services resources are in Virginia beach and have to commute over 200 miles often for a one hour meeting. They have an executive management team that has little to no experience in IT sales. The executive management team largely has a copier sales background. They hire IT sales people with either no sales experience at all or no sales experience in IT. This led to them having no brand recognition in Baltimore/DC. They did zero marketing. All of the manufacturers like Cisco, HPE, Dell/EMC, Lenovo, VMWare and Microsoft all focused on Virginia Beach and paid no attention to DC/Baltimore. The Manufacturers knew that ESI had no presence in DC/Baltimore, was not in any Medium Sized to Major Accounts and had no good relationships I key accounts. ESI paid Virginia Beach Compensation for the DC/Baltimore market. Lowest base salary I had in 20 years. Lowest OTE in 20 years.
Pros
Excellent Manager out of Richmond. Mostly friendly people.
Cons
Incompetent when it come to the major market of DC/Baltimore.
Highly recommended
Copier Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VA23 March 2018
Great place to work. Great coworkers, everyone works together to get the job done. I would highly recommend this company to work for. They care about each employee.
Value
Pre-Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA23 March 2018
Management Structure is changing and the value for resources/efforts is low. Pay scale is extremely low for the level of expectation that is placed on the employee.
Great Organization
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA12 March 2018
Truly a first rate organization. Highly recommended place to work with a great compensation plan and a very family like atmosphere. Hard work is expected and rewarded.
I love my job and my company
IT MANAGER, DATA CENTER (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA15 February 2018
I’m one of the lucky ones because I enjoy going to work. The people I work with, including management, are great. I am leaving only because I am relocating to Crystal River, Florida.
Just say no!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA14 February 2018
Extremely dysfunctional work environment with a me-centric upper management team. Zero decision making authority and micro-management prevail. Base salary and car allowance is embarrassingly low. Average tenure of sales reps is less than one year. It's literally a revolving door and upper management can't see that they are the problem. Sad.
Good job for me.
Company Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls SD7 February 2018
I was the company trainer. I conducted annual training in myriad subjects for all employees, This included company-specific training as well as OSHA required. I was certified in various areas of the trainer position. I also created pieces of training, complete with manuals, handouts, visual aids, and knowledge checks. I updated the annual training and manuals as needed. Worked with IT to get the knowledge checks on the computer. We were working on getting some of the refresher training on the computer for individual training.
I covered the front desk, answering calls, greeting visitors, accepting applications.
Pros
Benefits, full time, paid vacation and holidays, company picnic and holiday meal.
Cons
Some managers were on my side but some fought every idea, unsure how much management valued their production associates.
poor lower management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA29 December 2017
Upper management was impeccable, lower management was rude and intolerable. Overall the workplace environment was decent and laid back. Mostly everyone got along and assisted each other with work tasks.
It was an okay place to work even better if you are in sales
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA29 December 2017
The work environment is okay but better if you are in sales. Improvements need to be made to the overall work environment that makes all employees feel they are a part of the success of the organization.
Don't waste your time.
Hardware Technician / Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 2346211 December 2017
Managers on all levels are jerks. Workplace is FULL of drama. Not much room for advancement. Very small pay increases. Mileage reimbursement is minimal. Don't waste your time.
numbers driven
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD27 November 2017
At first I enjoyed the job then everything went downward. The management wanted numbers which is understandable but there was no ongoing training on how to reach the goals. Quality became questionable. The people that stuck around were nice but the employee turn over was out of control, must be a reason.
Pros
enjoyed the veteran employees
Cons
management never took responsiblity for the issues within the company
Nothing to review
Account Manager, Information Technology (ISG) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA21 September 2017
Again there is nothing I wish to review. I do not like having to review former employers under any circumstances. I think you need to get rid of this particular policy.
I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Depot Technician Duties (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA1 August 2017
Job location is one of the worst places a person could work in Newport News. The workers were not very well taken care of. Advancement is one of the worst and not paid well.
Enjoy your time
Sales (Former Employee) –  Maryland6 July 2017
People work well together. Enjoy your lunch breaks. Insurance could be better. Communication is a must. They have fun events. Customer appreciation day is always a nice event.
Good environment.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VA20 June 2017
Good overall company. Somewhat lacking on training techniques and field technicians were required to use a mobile app for tracking but otherwise a good, friendly and business oriented environment.
Pros
positive environment with good benifits.
Cons
training options and mobile app disigned for field operations is lacking.
It is good company
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD31 May 2017
Electronic systems is small company with a lot of nice people, my job there was simple but the people there are very nice make it really fun to work with them. Really enjoyed my time there
El ambiente de trabajo era bueno
Ingeniero de Servicio (Former Employee) –  Cuautitlán, Méx.10 January 2017
EL ambiente de trabajo era bueno, sin embargo, a veces por la mala organización en el area de logística los días laborales se tornaban tediosos
Pros
el trabajo era de lunes a viernes
Cons
a veces habia mala organizacion y mala comunicacion con las distintas areas de trabajo
crystal filter grinder machine
Filteronic inc (Former Employee) –  Stanley, KS22 December 2016
i work 40 hours full time on 2 shift. i work crystal filter grinder machine so must make 1000 pieces by hour. i cant make it so i got lat off. that is hard job.
Pros
bring lunch
Cons
break time
Enjoy working at ESI
Director of Materials (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD4 October 2016
9-10 hour days
Supplier relationships are vital to support the business
Management was fair
Communication with various levels of management
Working with the people
Pros
Great city
The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA1 June 2016
Most enjoyable day about the job is that I got to work with higher management to see how things are actually ran around the job area. Got to dress professional
Pros
Higher Mangement
Cons
Nothing everything was amazing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Systems. Our community is ready to answer.