Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

safe heaven for entry level artists

pros : good people, work life balancecons : some managers have poor understanding of their work and artist's career path. net salary is low compared to other EA world studios

overall a great place to work and lots of perks

I dont believe there are many opportunities to grow on the management side unless you are will to relocate. The people are nice and there are some high end management personnel to tend to but in general its a great team.

Pros

Lots of perks and great benifits

Cons

No room for advancement/growth

great if you bring skills

not so great if your not seen as impactful, can cause a massive delta on salary and bonus. Pace can be hard and you can feel like your moved around so much to cover gaps and issues caused by poor planning by management.

Management is unstable

- Give different people different guidelines in selecting leaders. Not as inclusive nor equal as they are advertising. - Work content is not equivalent to pay grade, you need to take on a lot more but pay is not equal. - Work environment is good. - Most of people are good. - Dog friendly place.

Fun environment to be in

Dream job, for a gamer! Requires a lot of hours but the pay off is great if you are into teamwork and accomplishing goals. Company treats employees well, food trucks, great food, and bonuses for goals met.

Pros

free video games

Cons

time consuming

Amazing But Temporary

They say that if you can get on as a Regular Fulltime Employee -- fantastic! The employee health benefits and perks are great. However, landing a RFT job isn't easy. Mine was a TFT job and it came with all the bells and whistles -- access to everything I needed to get my job done. Cool tech, cool toys. Cool people.

Pros

Fun!

Cons

Far!

If you love video games, start here.

If you love video games, start here. You will work crazy hours and not-so crazy hours for little pay but you get to be immersed in the video gaming culture, process, development and ultimately rewarding experience of making something that can last a long, long time.

Fun workplace!

Great place to learn, and be trained. The management team is top notch. There i learns how to correspond with other employees and get the most out of people while still maintaining an enjoyable working environment

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Salary and amount of hours worked

Good Experience

Working here has taught me many things. Some good, some bad. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Management can be hit or miss, but that is similar to any other place of employment. The workplace culture and benefits were always great.

Lying Liars Abound

EA moved me from Chicago to Prince Edward Island to work at their Red Crow studio. 10 months later, I was told I was being laid off and not being relocated back to the States. Real professional, EA.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No job security whatsoever

Jobs at Electronic Arts

See more jobs

Nice culture company

Nice Culture Free Foods Easy job, but quite boring work if you want to challenge yourself don't work here EA Game discount for employee You can bring your dog to office

Software Engineer

Pros Reasonable salary. Great benefits. Free breakfast. Work/life balance is good when management didn't go wrong. Cons Lack of career advancement opportunities. Unstable company structure. Studios get closed often. Advice to Management Closing down studios should not be the universal solution to cover up upper management failure.

Fun work place

Great company to work for. Sometimes long hours but they make it fund and you dont even feel it.!

Pros

Free lunch or dinner

Cons

Sometimes long hours

had fun

i was a playtest member at EA games which basically was a volunteer job. upon completing a survey i was called upon to test an unreleased videogame they provided us with snacks and drinks

Pros

free lunch

Fun and vibrant workplace

Great perks, awesome location, great people. I've learned a lot in my position and from everyone around me, management is friendly and mostly transparent. Everyone you work with is vibrant and competent. There are the occasional long hours and frustrating experiences, and the contracts position are pretty much majority nowadays. But overall a great place to be.

Pros

Free gym, sports

Cons

Long hours, uncertainly, lots ot turnaround

Productive and inspirational work place

Work really had a balance between work hard and play fun. The Culture of EA really shines, as they reward their employees for hard work through fun times. The entire studio is basking with inspiration, surrounded by the video games and art of which cause us to be who we are. Really nothing but good things to say about this environment. However, the job security and salary distribution is very selective.

Pros

fun environment, great people

Cons

selective security and salary distrubution

Great place to start a career.

Friendly team and management, large building suited for all types of lifestyles, and great perks and benefits. I've learned a lot from EA, things that schools just can't teach you. My co-workers are helpful and nice, management listens to you and care for your personal life as well. Although, there are hard times. I have to do over-time quite frequently and many times, there are extremely tight deadlines. But work does provide many things that definitely make up for that. Such as: discount movie passes, a gym and etc.

Pros

discount movie passes, a full gym and outdoor soccer field, high end technology

Cons

overtime, extremely tight deadlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Arts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement