Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employee Reviews for Quality Assurance Tester

Quality Assurance Tester7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
Working in the mobile department has helped me understand mobile devices more deeply. It was a great part time job. It was a bit hard a t first since testing was always done on a different device, but you get used to it.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Limited tools
Great place to learn, and be trained. The management team is top notch.
There i learns how to correspond with other employees and get the most out of people while still maintaining an enjoyable working environment
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Salary and amount of hours worked
Electronic arts was by far the best place i have worked the management was amazing my co workers were friendly, It helped teach me how to work well with others as part of a team.
Pros
Great people, good hours
Cons
repetitive, temporary contract
1 year contract with no advancement. Was told 4 days before my contract ended it wouldn't be renewed. Management was/is harsh, no opportunities to advance.
It was, by far, my favourite job. I learned so much and the co-workers and management were especially nice and understanding.

At first it was difficult to understand the jargons used by programmer and designer, but eventually I became use to it and learned to communicate more efficiently since I had questions about whether or not certain designs were actually graphical issues or if certain perceive bugs are actually a new feature.
I'd start my day receiving a device (cell phone, tablet etc.) with a specific application to test. Once the app has been played through, we were required to complete checklists making sure they were fit to be released to the public. The atmosphere was nice and quiet, and my coworkers were also very helpful. We worked at our own paces, and we were able to do some internet browsing in between tasks and on our breaks. Sadly the department closed down due to a lot bad decision making made by EA.
Pros
Lots a breaks, easy work, quiet environment.
Cons
Pay was mediocre
Job Duties:
- In charge of the EA applications functionality testing

- Use of multiple checklists covering internal certification and third party certification

- Formed for iOS and Android platforms

- Use of JIRA and Devtrack as tools for Bug management

Work Environment:

- Very relaxing and productive environment

- Employee's work is valued

- Nice team and people to work with
Pros
highly collaborative and enjoyable team environment
Cons
part-time job